In what order would you like to receive the new splats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In what order would you like to receive the new splats

If we would be lucky to receive all of the splat books, in which order would you want them? Based on my own interest in the splats and how much of a space they take up in the setting for me, I'd go for:

- Dragon-Blooded (important part of the setting and prevalent both as NPCs and as potential future PCs)
    - Exigent (I have some Exigents in my games mainly as NPCs and would like more content to work with)
    - Lunar (I'm not a big Lunar player but would like this content mainly to further understand how Lunars have changed with 3E and how to best portray them in game)
    - Abyssal (Abyssals are common antagonists in my games and I would like the material to work with here---not very interested in Abyssal PCs)
    - Raksha (I would like more info about the Wyld and how to play it---if this is covered in the new Lunar book, then I won't really need this one as soon)
    - Sidereal (Sidereals are easy to keep esoteric and mechanics-free in game. I could do without a book even, but I am curious about them)
    - Liminal (I have one Liminal as a major NPC in one of my games and she's been very fun to play with. I don't really see myself playing Liminal as PC though)
    - Infernal (I don't know much about the changes to Infernals in 3E but I am curious about them and would consider playing them as PC in the future
    - Alchemical (they are just so much fun but not really important for my Creation-based campaigns)
    - Getimians (I don't know enough about them to be interested in them. I probably won't even refer to them in game until I learn more)

Solars are my favorite splats. I can get a long way with the corebook alone.

Edit: I'm working on writing two homebrew splats that I will share some time in the future. First is the Centimane Exalted where you play "wax-like ghost constructs" using "Books of Arcanoi". I compare them to "mini-Deathlords" in my description. Second is the Homunculus where you play mortals infected by a Yozi parasite that mutates your body. The powers are inspired by Alex Mercer in the Prototype game.
    Last edited by Ekorren; 03-10-2017, 03:08 AM.

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: August 2, 2017

For my current game, probably DB, Sidereal, Exigent, then whatever order.

In general. Alchemical, Exigent, Lunar, DB, Getimian, Sidereal, then whatever.

Placeholder

Comment

I think the DB book needs to be out first, and I understand that's what's happening. Being the most common exalt type in creation and given their potential as frequent allies, enemies and PCs, their book would improve an ST's ability to enrich the world the most out of all the splats, I think.

Lunars and Siderals are established splats with their fans, and both work very differently from Solars or DBs, so they might be next, but Exigents sound like they'll make for a useful palette of setting enrichments as well, so I'm undecided between those three. But they all rank fairly high on the list.

Abyssals, while my favourite of the 'evil' splats, are the dark mirrors of Solars. They are most easily approximated with the existing Solar rules. While they certainly deserve a new book, it's not the most urgently needed to make them work in the game. The same might apply to Getimians? I don't know enough about them.

I'm personally not too keen on Infernals, Liminals and Alchemicals, but leaving that aside, I'd say Infernals and Liminals could aid in enriching creation games, though they should come after at least one of lunars or sidereals. Alchemicals I'd rate the same as the Shards of the Exalted Dreams book: a cool exploration of alternate settings for when there is space in the pipeline, but I'd rather OPP focuses on the base setting first.

That leaves the Raksha, which I'd treat not as a splat, but as a setting book, like the old compass ones. Important, and maybe best to release alternatingly with the splats, but not a full splat in and of itself.

That's my thoughts, feel free to vehemently disagree

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

Dragonblooded, Abyssals, Sidereals, Liminals, Alchemicals, Infernals, Getimian, Exigents, Kimono Girl On Page 54, That One Exalt In The Corebook On Page 54 Clutching His Head And Screaming, Nocturnals, Cosmic Exalted, Lunars

Comment

DBs, Abyssals, Lunars, Sidereals, Liminals, Getimians, Infernals, Exigents, Alchemicals, unnamed things, Rich whispering an apology for not giving Bureaucracy a proper framework and surreptitiously handing me a bucket of chicken wings.

But I think Exigents are soon, apparently to help us bullshit the splats that aren't out? I think.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

Does anyone have any good grasps of what splat conversions exist out there? I remember seeing Dragon-Blood, Lunars, Sidereals and Abyssals being worked on by homebrewers but I don't know if any of those are close to being playable. Anyone with more insight?

Comment

Crumblepunch's dragon blood homebrew Clutch of Dragons is getting very close last I heard.

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

ACoD is nearly done with its first pass, and Cramplechamp is planning to do a second pass to give more Charms to Aspects that have too few.

My Abyssal holdover is... uh... well, there's some ported charms and slightly tweaked Anima powers? It's probably okay! A little! I ended up saying 'heck it' and telling people to just refer to Haren's Abyssal holdover's Resonance system because it's cooler than mine.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Beans View Post
                  My Abyssal holdover is... uh... well, there's some ported charms and slightly tweaked Anima powers? It's probably okay! A little! I ended up saying 'heck it' and telling people to just refer to Haren's Abyssal holdover's Resonance system because it's cooler than mine.
                  I actually looked at your project quite a few times in recent days when my group had a dangerous Abyssal incident in game. It ended with ten lethal damage inflicted upon the group's Dawn Caste. He survived, but it was a close call. Since there weren't that many charms to work with, there were some handwaving and improvising as well, but it still ended up being challenging and fun for the players. I may end up posting the combat scene at some point if people are interested in near-Essence 3 Solar vs Abyssal drama.

Comment

I'd intended the Charms to basically be "use these, and otherwise dunk Solar charms in skull-and-bat sprinkles and use those", but I should probably actually write that down.

Still, it's cool if my work (for a given value of 'work') helped a cool fun thing happen! :u

Comment

DBs: Honestly pretty critical

Exigents: A new thing that doesn't have a splat to crib from, plus if their powers are truly individual that seems like it would contain better guidelines on home-brew that could prove useful in updating any of the others.

Lunars: Lunars seem to be operating more openly in 3E, making this while not nearly as critical as DBs a fairly important book, could probably be swapped with Exigents above.

Sidereals: A popular splat (and probably my personal favorite), but you really don't need this book to run almost any non-sidereal specific game, especially since MA can usually be used cover most of their combat charms

Liminals: A less-relevant new splat with nothing to crib off of.

Abyssals: I'm looking forward to this book, but in all honesty with the dark reflection thing they have going on you can get what you need for an NPC, or even a player by just using solar charms. Getimians: Once again they hide behind the scenes so not really critical but I like the concept

Infernals: I'm looking forward to what they do with them in 3e, but you can either kitbash them from solar/exigent or just not introduce them, or use what we have for demons at this point in all likelihood

Raksha: not really a splat, but I expect we will get a wyld book sooner or later.

Alchemicals: These would be higher up the list if I were writing an order that I felt was best from a marketing standpoint (Although not before Abyssals), however I personally really don't care about this splat and the question was the order we wanted to recieve them in.

Comment

What do I want? Lunars, Infernals, Exigents, then anything else. As a newcomer to Exalted with third edition's release I feel like I couldn't run, play, or portray NPCs of Lunars or Infernals because they are said to have changed so much from previous editions.

I think the release order has Abyssals coming after Exigents, though, followed by Lunars and Sidereals. Liminals could be thrown between the last two, though; I understand the developers' excitement to present new Exalts but it'd be a rough move to include them before the main five and Exigents are out

Comment

The actual release order is DBs, then Exigents, then they haven't said.

Placeholder

Comment

DB, Exigent, Abyssal, Infernal, Sidreal, Lunar, Rakasha, Alchimical, new stuff

Comment

Exigents, DBs, Sidereals, Lunars, Gentimians, Raksha, Infernals, Alchemicals. Honestly could not care less if Abyssals and Liminals ever come out.

Comment

Working...
                              X