Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Quest] Legacy of Sextes Jylis

Hello all,

Now, before I start with this Quest, I'd like to tell you why I'm doing this, and what to expect of it.
    I'm wern212, some of you may recognize me from either this forum or r/Exalted on Reddit.
    Today, I was challenged to do something I'd never done before.
    After some thinking on it, I decided to start a Quest on this Forum, as a challenge to myself.
    So, this is an experiment and test for me, so please don't have terribly great expectations for it.
    It is my intent to have this quest be ongoing for a while, but I can't promise it'll be finished.
    My English is decent, though it's not my first language, so there will be spelling and grammatical errors, though hopefully not too many.
    (Feel free to point out any spelling/grammatical errors, though please do so in a constructive way.)
    With all this out of the way... let's get to the story.

Now, before we start, let's figure out who our protagonist is.
    First and foremost, which of the many divine beings that call Creation home has blessed them with their power?
    The following options are available for our Chosen:
    Solar. The Unconquered Sun, Most High and Lord of Heaven has blessed you with his Divine Fire.
    Lunar. The Silver Lady has blessed you with the ability to wear many shapes.
    Dragon-Blooded. You are one of the Chosen of the Elemental Dragons, one of the Princes of the Earth.
    Exigent. You are unique, at least somewhat. You powers tie you to one of the smaller Gods of Creation.

I should note: I'm going to be using charms and rules as a starting point for narrative rather then hard rules.
    This means that I won't have an exact character sheet and that things like mote-pools and such won't be used.

I'm feeling a strong sense of survivalist narrative tonight, so I'll vote for Luna's blessings.

My Homebrew: Architect of the Regal Puppet Style (WIP) || Monkey Style (obsolete) || Radiant Halo of Incanescent Might || Pale Driver, Ruination of the Edifice of Tyranny || Sublime Percussion, Just a Whole lot of Fun || Idris, The Graceful Heart of Purpose

Comment

I say Exigent. No other quest thread has attempted to cover those, yet.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Hm...I'm a sucker for Dragonbloods, because I love the family intrigue and political drama and not having to hide your nature from the world...but I'm also gonna vote Exigent, because the goal of this quest is to let you try new things and they're the newest thing!

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
        -Roger Zelazny

Comment

Exigent seems most unique and interesting, let's try that.

Comment

Exigent. Being Unique means standing Alone in Creation.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

I'm going to vote Lunar. Let's see what we can do with the Silver Lady's blessing?

But from the looks of it, we're going Exigent, which would be alright too.

Comment

Exigent wins!
                You are an Exigent, a Chosen of one of the myriad of Gods that inhabit Creation.
                Still, there are many Gods, and you can only be the champion of one of them. So, who are you?

Exigent of Night-Sundering Vulture, God of predators, adaptation and the senses
                This eastern God of predators believes at their core that you can gain something from every kill.
                Their powers have blessed you with the ability to grow stronger every time you take something's life.
                However, on occasion you've changed without planning to, and if when you plan to, you never know quite what you are going to get.
                In addition, you have been gifted incredible senses, rivaling a hawk's eyes and a snake's tongue.

Exigent of Vanity of the Glade, God of Kukino, Seeker of Vengeance
                Vanity of the Glade was a fairly simple God of the village of Kukino.
                However, when a monstrous assault of undead slaughtered the village's defenders, they knew their time was up.
                The village God begged for the power to turn you into a savior, and eventually, that power was delivered.
                But even the fires of Exigence cannot undo the damage that was done, and the village would never be the same.
                The God was so twisted in the assault that any former ideals were replaced with a burning need for vengeance.
                A need you now share. To avenge your people, and by extension, all of Creation that has suffered from the risen dead.

Exigent of Lute of the Comet, God of Music and Storms
                Even when you were little, you knew there was power in music.
                But it wasn't until one day, you were walking outside in the rain, that you made the connection.
                With the thundering sounds as background, you begun to play, the most beautiful music you've ever made.
                Even now, you look back on that day fondly. Lute of the Comet heard your music and decided to gift you his blessing.
                Now, you travel Creation, in search of new sounds to amplify your musical performance with.

Exigent of Peerless Orchard, God of Roses and Fighters
                In the North, there is a glade. Everyone who travels there dies, torn to shreds by the wolves that make their home there.
                It is said the wolves are a curse from another God who cursed the glade to starve a rival.
                You know this is not true. The wolves are a test. Fight them, and find the red rose in the glade of white, or perish trying.
                You know, because you've been there. You found the red rose. And Peerless Orchard blessed you with their power.
                Now, you command both your blade and the wolves of the glade with supernatural skill.

Exigent of Takumi, God of the Inner Flame
                You are the disciple of Takumi, who teaches a few acolytes in the ways of the Inner Flame.
                While some peasants might mistake your abilities with those of a dragon-blooded, yours is not the mastery of the element of fire.
                Rather, you harness the passion in your soul to unleash upon your enemies, gaining greater strength the more invested you are in something.
                A few scholars claim your God has been corrupted by the Fair Folk, that such passion-draining power could come from no other source.
                You ignore such claims, often setting the accuser alight with your soulfire.

Comment

I'm gonna vote Lute of the Comet
                  That's a concept close to my own heart, and it also seems close to Sextes Jylis, so it could play off the title (and maybe main story) in a good, and interesting, way <3

Comment

My vote's for the Lute of the Comet too. With both Music and Storms, what's not to love?

Comment

Peerless Orchard sounds cool.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Exigent of Night-Sundering Vulture, God of predators, adaptation and the senses
                        This eastern God of predators believes at their core that you can gain something from every kill.
                        Their powers have blessed you with the ability to grow stronger every time you take something's life.
                        However, on occasion you've changed without planning to, and if when you plan to, you never know quite what you are going to get.
                        In addition, you have been gifted incredible senses, rivaling a hawk's eyes and a snake's tongue.

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
                        An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

Lute of the comet

Comment

Peerless Orchard: what isn't there to like about wolves?

Comment

A quest with a musician main character sounds awesome! I vote Lute of the Comet!

Comment

Working...
                              X