No announcement yet.

[Quest] Legacy of Sextes Jylis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With four votes, the winner is Lute of the Comet.

Two more questions to go before we get going.

First: does our character prefer to be referred to as masculine or feminine, or something different still (if the third, please specify)?

And second: where do we start our Quest?
    • Surviving in the underbelly of Wu-Jian (The West).
    • Reveling on the streets of Dajaz (The South)
    • Praying in one of the temples of Great Forks (The East)
    • Begging for an audience at the palace doors of Grieve (The North)
    • Visiting an old friend in the Imperial City (The Blessed Isle)

Sorry for the somewhat lackluster update today, I haven't been feeling great these last few days. Going to try to get the quest going next week.

Comment

feminine
      Great Forks

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
      An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

Wu-jian!! Love the west

Comment

Feminine.

Imperial City! No one set a game in the center yet, either.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Masculine, and the South.

Comment

Feminine

Imperial City!

Comment

Feminine, Dajaz

Comment

Hm. Gonna vote for Feminine and starting off in the underbelly of Wu-Jian.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of storms at sea.

Comment

We currently have a three-way tie between Wu-Jian, the Imperial City and Dajaz!
                    Voting ends sometime in the next 24 hours. Unless someone breaks the tie, I will pick one of the options with the most votes.

Comment

(Winners are Feminine and Wu-Jian)

You are Ava of the Nine Storms. Exigent of Lute of the Comet. Music is your passion, and in the thunder and howling wind you find the most beautiful inspiration.
                      You find yourself in the slums of Wu-Jian, your cloak covered in grime and your boots in ankle-high water. The smell is horrific, beyond what words could describe.
                      Still, you are safe, at least for the moment. You came here to find a legendary craftsman of instruments, as your lyre was damaged not long ago,
                      However, the shop that was supposed to be his was empty, and no one could tell you where he went.
                      To make matters worse, some of the local gangs have taken a liking to the valuables you are carrying. While their knives are rusted and their skill poor, there are a lot of them.

You are pulled out of your thoughts by a nearby scream. The voice cuts through the silence, pleading for help.
                      "Help me! Please, anyone!"
                      Looking from your hiding spot, you see a pair of gang members bearing down on a woman, weapons drawn. The woman is clearly scared, trying to get away from her attackers.
                      You glance at the blade at your hip. Two gang members are no problem, but that's assuming this isn't a trap.
                      You'll have to choose quickly, as the woman doesn't have long to live from the looks of it.

Save the woman by confronting her attackers. You are a Exalt, a Chosen. It is your duty to protect those in danger, even if that means risk to yourself.
                      Create a distraction to give the woman a chance to escape. A little caution goes a long way. While you aren't looking forward to clashing blades right now, you should at least make an effort to save the poor woman.
                      Don't interfere. It's a shame, but a stranger isn't worth dying over. Stay in your hiding spot and wait for the gang members to pass.

Comment

I say, Save the woman by confronting her attackers. If we do it with enough mystical panache, this woman could be the beginning of a cult.

Comment

What kind of a distraction would we create?

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Confront. And don't forget to sing while fighting, an excellent way to throw assailants off while building a reputation.

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
                            An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by semicasual View Post
                              What kind of a distraction would we create?
                              I was thinking a mocking song would be appropriate, though feel free to suggest ideas.

Comment

I like the sound of mockery. Let's do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X