Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anima banner question (3rd Edition)

First post here!

We are playing Exalted (big surprise!) 3rd Edition, and I have some doubts about the anima banner. The manual says it increases in level when you spend 5 or more motes in an instant, and that raises some questions:

1st) What is an instant? I mean. Does it mean a single action (so, I have to spend 5 or more motes in the same action) or a single turn (so, if I spend 4 motes in an attack roll, and later 3 motes in raising my Defense in the same turn, it would raise my anima level accordingly)?

2nd) Does it only rise in single steps? So, if I spend 12 motes in a single action, would it rise one level, or does it stack and goes up two whole levels?

We have no problem with houserules in my group, so we will probably tune it until we are all happy, but we want to know what is the "official ruling" (or at least, how the majority of people play it)

Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
    First post here!
    Welcome.

1st) What is an instant? I mean. Does it mean a single action (so, I have to spend 5 or more motes in the same action) or a single turn (so, if I spend 4 motes in an attack roll, and later 3 motes in raising my Defense in the same turn, it would raise my anima level accordingly)?
    This one has been clarified by the devs: Single action. Spending 7m to boost an attack will flare your anima, 4 on attack and 3 on defense will not.

2nd) Does it only rise in single steps? So, if I spend 12 motes in a single action, would it rise one level, or does it stack and goes up two whole levels?
    This one has not, but as far as I can tell, it's one level - "12" is "5 or more," and the text doesn't suggest anything about it going up multiple levels by spending even more.

Comment

For the first question, if you take a look at the section on charms, you will find that all charms have a duration listed. One of the more common durations is "Instant". Any charms with that Duration that are used at the same time are performed and paid for in an instant.

For the second question, the section of the book on the anima banner says "When your character spends five or more motes of Peripheral Essence in an instant, her anima ignites and intensifies by one level for every five Peripheral motes spent."

Comment

Thank you! So, it´s as we guessed, and I am sure our Night Caste will be delighted to know it

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post

For the second question, the section of the book on the anima banner says "When your character spends five or more motes of Peripheral Essence in an instant, her anima ignites and intensifies by one level for every five Peripheral motes spent."

Oh, It seems like we missed that. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
            I miss things too easily these days. >.>

Comment

Working...
            X