Tell me your intimacies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me your intimacies

I am having a hard time setting the scope and intensities of my npcs and pcs. So would some of you fine folks share with me some of the intimices you have used.

Originally posted by zylosan View Post
    I am having a hard time setting the scope and intensities of my npcs and pcs. So would some of you fine folks share with me some of the intimices you have used.

For my mortal Quest character, who is the Hundred Kingdoms version of a knight/samurai:

Defining: "Upholding the intent of my Oaths is worth everything, even death and dishonor"
    Major: Saiko [page] (bemused friendship), Lord Iysen [liege] (slightly apprehensive loyalty and thankfulness), "I can make the world a better place!", other Oathsworns lack of integrity (despair), my good reputation (constant concern, currently satisfied),
    Minor: The world isn't like the stories my father used to tell (life isn't a fairytale, basically), calligraphy (calming), the upcoming war (apprehension, and fear of failure), recent almost-crippling injury (self-mocking disgust and concern)

I could go on and on.

In my games, I feel that characters really need at least 8 or so Intimacies in order to be even quasi-human in outlook.

Comment

My mortal poet/bard

Defining: Violence is the last resort (principal)
      Major: Stories are to be taken seriously (principal), The man that betrayed my family must pay (negative tie), My sister (tie), Cheaters suck(negative principal)
      Minor: Laughter is the best medicine (principal), I'll do anything for a new story (principal)

Godblooded sorceress

Defining: Research and study is how to achieve greatness (principal)
      Major: I will not be poor again (principal), My heritage doesn't define me (principal), My Shop (Tie)
      Minor: I can do anything (principal), Spirits exploit humans (negative tie),

Comment

wonderandawe creates this amazing topic that may help with your problem ~

Comment

I'm still playing 2ed so I'd have to think about what degree they'd be, but some some I have used or would use in 3ed (where there isn't a limit on intimacies) for characters I've played so far:

* his family (love)
          * I owe my family loyalty

* her comrades-in-arms (duty)
          * her current and past-life Solar circles (loyalty)
          * fellow practitioners of banned religions (solidarity)
          * we have a duty to honour our ancestors
          * her ancestors (reverence)
          * her mother and siblings (love)
          * for the living to bind the dead to their will is an abhomination
          * the Mask of Winters and those who serve him (hatred)
          * I will not betray the trust others place in me
          * Exalted have a duty to improve the world
          * the Dawn Caste have a duty to fight against evil
          * the Immaculate Order (bitterness)

And some I might give other characters I've thought about

* art should be honest
          * for art to be destroyed or suppressed is a travesty
          * his art (pride)

* it is better to seek common ground than to quarrel
          * war must be avoided.
          * people have more in common than they realize
          * I need to fix the world

* the Yozis (resentment)
          * her past incarnations' circle (nostalgia)
          * I miss the First Age
          * I must atone for the harm I have caused
          * her past incarnations' subjects (regret)
          * the people she has
          * I will not give up
          * I want to help peopl

Comment

My 3ed randan noble character who fled when he exalted and have ended up in the dreaming seas

Ties:

Wyld Hunt - Want revenge - Defining
            Sorcerers - Respect - Major
            Khelsjon Manse - Want Control - Major
            Khelsjon - Establish Power base - Major
            Golki - Useful Guy - Minor
            Pokek - Trustworthy - Minor
            Guild - Respect for their drive - Minor
            Realm - Hatred - Minor
            West - Affection - Minor
            Randan - Home affection - Minor
            Dasuval Pergi - Annoyance, but enough to kill him - Minor

Principles:

I should rule an empire - Defining
            The en justify the means - Defining
            The Immaculate Faith is the real heresy - Major
            Loyal to friends - Major
            Integrity of creation is important - Minor
            Knowledge is precious - Minor
            Protect my minions - Minor

Comment

Originally posted by diagrapher View Post
              I'm still playing 2ed so I'd have to think about what degree they'd be, but some some I have used or would use in 3ed (where there isn't a limit on intimacies) for characters I've played so far:
              For a short summary:
              You can be convinced to do something unpleasant or inconvenient for a Minor intimacy - Sure, I'll cancel my plans to go to the bar to help you out, not like I'll get thrown in the stocks or lose an arm for it.
              You can be convinced to take a risk of serious injury or trouble for a Major intimacy - The satrap's guards are banging on doors and you need a place to hide?... alright, get in and hide in the basement, don't make a peep until I come get you.
              You can be convinced to do basically anything short of guaranteed self-sacrifice or abandoning everything else you hold dear for a Defining intimacy - Facing an army ten times our size in the desperate hope you can strike down the enemy general and end the battle before we're wiped out? Anything for you!

Comment

Here're a few off the top of my head for a few of my more recent characters:
                "Perfection in body, soul, and rulership come together." (Defining Principle)
                "Trust not given cannot be betrayed." (Major Principle)
                The Golden Lotus, her mercenary band (Surprised Loyalty) - Major Tie
                Immaculate Philosophy (Confused Disgust) - Minor Tie
                Flight (Soothing) - Minor Tie

All that I write but don't cite is simply my perspective, colored by my experiences and beliefs. I extrapolate a lot, too, so don't take it too seriously. :P

Comment

Working...
                X