Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMN 13/03 Comments Speculation

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by TheGraySoul View Post

    Who is Zak S? I may have missed this drama.
    rpg.net has a thread about it.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
      The unfortunate circumstances around it and the poor handling of the Zak S situation nonwithstanding, nothing about the matter had to do with Exalted directly so I'm not sure where that negative assumption comes from. Seems abrupt to say that.
      There's a certain ethical and personal issue with having the company/people that support and promote Zak S to the point of going "Yep, no evidence! No problem!" being the ones to review/approve/change the work you pour heart and soul into... I mean that is why David Hill opted to leave as I recall, and while other people are not as... directly involved... in the Zak S stuff as he, it does seem to be a valid stance to take.


      Odd_Canuck is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Odd_Canuck View Post
        There's a certain ethical and personal issue with having the company/people that support and promote Zak S to the point of going "Yep, no evidence! No problem!" being the ones to review/approve/change the work you pour heart and soul into... I mean that is why David Hill opted to leave as I recall, and while other people are not as... directly involved... in the Zak S stuff as he, it does seem to be a valid stance to take.
        This, and a couple of other things, is my very strong near certain impression.


        Incentive is not permission or justification.

        Comment


        • #19
          Folks, my comment in the MMN blog comments was a specific reply to Dwight, and was in response to his complaint about us not giving release dates. It was not about Exalted, and I am very aware that Exalted was at the one end of our development process closer to the old, non-transparent WW days. It is disingenuous for anyone to suggest I'm not aware of this, since I'm the one who has had to explain, a lot, that different dev teams have different levels of comfort with how open they are and that Onyx is not about to force them to develop in a way they are uncomfortable with.

          As for the ZakS situation, we at Onyx Path were not involved with nor informed about his involvement with projects for a licensee of the new White Wolf. In the same reality of different licensees not impacting each other, we have never been told by the new WW how to handle our development teams, nor who to use. To underline this: there is no connection between our plans for EX3 moving forward and the new WW, except that they, like all of us, also would like to see more books coming out soon.

          Comment


          • #20
            I read that as "We're not saying a damn thing until we finish getting everyone their Exalted 3rd Core KS rewards."

            I expect the Dragon-Blooded KS a couple weeks after they finish getting the books out.

            Originally posted by ParanoiaCombo View Post
            I'm about 99% sure this is gonna tie in, in some way, with the Zak S thing. I'm also 99% sure that it's not good news, and they are just looking for a way to broach it. Screenshot this post. Mark my words.
            I have no idea how this could tie into Zak S. White Wolf and Onyx Path aren't the same company.

            Originally posted by Odd_Canuck View Post
            There's a certain ethical and personal issue with having the company/people that support and promote Zak S to the point of going "Yep, no evidence! No problem!" being the ones to review/approve/change the work you pour heart and soul into... I mean that is why David Hill opted to leave as I recall, and while other people are not as... directly involved... in the Zak S stuff as he, it does seem to be a valid stance to take.
            I haven't seen anyone at Onyx Path support or promote Zak. As far as I know, they have nothing to do with his hiring and won't be touching any of the books he's supposedly working on.
            Last edited by hippokrene; 03-15-2017, 12:31 PM.


            Come and rock me Amadeus.

            Comment


            • #21
              Thanks Rich. That cleared up a lot for me.

              I do hope that the schedule picks up for Exalted, and the process becomes more transparent, but I enjoy the products we have gotten, and I appreciate the work the writers and developers and you have done for the line.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Spacepup View Post
                I do hope that the schedule picks up for Exalted, and the process becomes more transparent, but I enjoy the products we have gotten, and I appreciate the work the writers and developers and you have done for the line.
                That sums it up for me as well. I so very much hope that the glacial progress of the line speeds up, for that (selfish) reason I wish you the very best of luck.


                I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game
                http://forum.atlas-games.com/viewtop...7a1c&start=272

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by hippokrene View Post
                  I expect the Dragon-Blooded KS a couple weeks after they finish getting the books out.
                  I'm pleased by your optimism. I think that we won't see anything until Arms of the Chosen is further along. It would look better for the second kickstarter if they could show that the development team is capable of getting at least one book out the door (aside from the core)


                  I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game
                  http://forum.atlas-games.com/viewtop...7a1c&start=272

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Honestly with this line I will believe that things are done when I see them.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Apromor View Post
                      I'm pleased by your optimism. I think that we won't see anything until Arms of the Chosen is further along. It would look better for the second kickstarter if they could show that the development team is capable of getting at least one book out the door (aside from the core)
                      Also I gathered that the next KS won't be done until the book is much closer to being finished and I don't think we're quite there yet. My most optimistic prediction would be late this summer.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Apromor View Post
                        I'm pleased by your optimism. I think that we won't see anything until Arms of the Chosen is further along. It would look better for the second kickstarter if they could show that the development team is capable of getting at least one book out the door (aside from the core)
                        Thank you, my three weapons are optimism, fear, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.


                        Come and rock me Amadeus.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by hippokrene View Post

                          Thank you, my three weapons are optimism, fear, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.
                          Psst, that's four.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Well, Hippokrene and Rich already spoke for everything that I would've said on the subject. OPP's in-house management and hiring are completely independent from nuWW and changes are unrelated to any recent controversy with the latter.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ParanoiaCombo View Post
                              I'm about 99% sure this is gonna tie in, in some way, with the Zak S thing. I'm also 99% sure that it's not good news, and they are just looking for a way to broach it. Screenshot this post. Mark my words.
                              The idea that Rich would make a post about the development process and an announcement with positive information about releases and it involving the Zak S. situation(Which didn't need to get dragged into this thread btw) is beyond nonsensical.

                              As for me, I am going to do what I always do. Wait and see what the actual information is. Nothing from this fanbase has given me any hint of confidence in it's capacity to make coherent speculation on these sort of things.


                              “As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by RichT View Post
                                Folks, my comment in the MMN blog comments was a specific reply to Dwight, and was in response to his complaint about us not giving release dates. It was not about Exalted, and I am very aware that Exalted was at the one end of our development process closer to the old, non-transparent WW days. It is disingenuous for anyone to suggest I'm not aware of this, since I'm the one who has had to explain, a lot, that different dev teams have different levels of comfort with how open they are and that Onyx is not about to force them to develop in a way they are uncomfortable with.
                                I dont think anyone is trying to say you are unaware of the problems, you clearly recognised them years ago and have been reiterating that you still recongnize them every other month for three years now it seems. But people are still asking about it because recognizing problems is not the same as solving problems and it really doesn't feel like they have been solved in all these years since you first commented on them.

                                Maybe this round of behind the scenes changes will be the one to fix things, but we have heard things were going to change before and nothing really came of it. My honest impression is that if anything exalted's development feels quite possibly more opaque and stalled than it did during the development of the core, at least then we were hearing what John and Holden were working on month to month.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X