No announcement yet.

How are the corpse elements?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I mean, glamour kind of has a point. The Solars did enough terrible things to the Dragon Blooded, that quite a few of them felt they had no choice but to rise up and overthrow them en mass.

Comment

I'm personally more inclined to attribute the rebellion to things along the lines of the Solars increasingly accumulating power in a way that disrupted and offended the aristocratic ambitions of influential and conservative Dragon Blooded, as well as persistently blocking movements attempting to create greater recognition of and influence for the Dragon Blooded contributions to the Realm which caused a lot of resentment among their young turks.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

THAT is an excellent point! Headcanon accepted until proven otherwise!

A cursory pass, I would align it this way:

Blood = Water
        Flesh = Fire
        Breath = Air
        Marrow = Wood
        Soil = Earth
        Now I see that you have edited your post.
        "cycle of decay and rebirth" looks like Wood element.
        Soil = Wood?

Comment

I would change the origin. I prefer dragons of different color being created by other dragons. Solar locked the secret to themselves. This reduces possible scenario limitations.

Chejop: Look how greedy they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaque View Post

Either way, I think there's nothing wrong with them being drawn on for aesthetics purposes. I just don't know if they need to be quantified metaphysically in order ot be used as such.

And stuff.
            I agree. They just created the Pyre Flame element with all the details. The others are our responsibility but I have great difficulty imagining the Void element.
            I suppose the associations are: inevitability, Abyss, foundation, souls.
            I do not know if I consider him an invisible, immaterial solid or both.

Comment

Frankly I'd rather just not have Dragons of a Different Color be a disparate thing from regular Dragon-Blooded. Sometimes a dude just feels inclined to learn necromancy instead of sorcery.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                Frankly I'd rather just not have Dragons of a Different Color be a disparate thing from regular Dragon-Blooded. Sometimes a dude just feels inclined to learn necromancy instead of sorcery.
                That's how I liked it. Instead of it having some secret origin of Solar eugenics, it was fine I think for some to just have a talent for it. I think part of my annoyance is that 1) It created a narrative of Terrestrials as disposable (which I tend to nowadays vehemently oppose, and I think that even the number of DBs in DotFA was contributing to this) 2) It assumed that DBs could just be told to lay over and get geneticlaly modified like breeds of dogs or cats and 3) It was something that probably didn't need a unified origin. It was a bit where the book took a neat setting element and decided it had to be tied to Solars in the First Age.

I will say though that I love the aesthetic of dragons of a different color. To the point that a pretty regular NPC in my games is an Air-Aspected necromancer who's anima has cold cyan Old Realm runes and whispers forming around her when she puts her anima up because that shit is cool.

As a bit on the theme of the thread itself, I actually think that the corpse elements described in the Abyssals splats are kind of better myself. If only since jade and prayer are more tangible than void and ash and feel more evocative in the nature of the Underworld as alien and ghostly.

And stuff.

And stuff.
                Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

Originally posted by Rochedo View Post

Now I see that you have edited your post.
                  "cycle of decay and rebirth" looks like Wood element.
                  Soil = Wood?
                  I could see Marrow and Soil going either way for Wood and Earth. I imagined Bone trees for wood and Soil being... well literally dirt, which IS earth. But I can also see Marrow being like Rocks (earth) and Soil being decay (wood) if you wanted it like that.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                  I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

That's how I liked it. Instead of it having some secret origin of Solar eugenics, it was fine I think for some to just have a talent for it. I think part of my annoyance is that 1) It created a narrative of Terrestrials as disposable (which I tend to nowadays vehemently oppose, and I think that even the number of DBs in DotFA was contributing to this) 2) It assumed that DBs could just be told to lay over and get geneticlaly modified like breeds of dogs or cats and 3) It was something that probably didn't need a unified origin. It was a bit where the book took a neat setting element and decided it had to be tied to Solars in the First Age.

I will say though that I love the aesthetic of dragons of a different color. To the point that a pretty regular NPC in my games is an Air-Aspected necromancer who's anima has cold cyan Old Realm runes and whispers forming around her when she puts her anima up because that shit is cool.

As a bit on the theme of the thread itself, I actually think that the corpse elements described in the Abyssals splats are kind of better myself. If only since jade and prayer are more tangible than void and ash and feel more evocative in the nature of the Underworld as alien and ghostly.

And stuff.

I had a Fire Aspected Dragon of another color who was a necromancer-engineer from Lookshy. I loved that character and one of the reasons was that he was on a quest to figure out why he was different from other Dragon Blooded and to see if he could trade his necromancy for sorcery. OC, I know it wasn't possible in 2e without becoming Akuma. But IC, it made for a cool story that would have (presumably) ended with him accepting who he was (its just who he was used the power of dead titans to brutally destroy human souls and create monsters from dead flesh). So needless to say, I personally liked it when the Dragons of a Different Color having a somewhat mysterious background. That being said, I love the versatility of the new sorcery system so much that I hope we either get something similar for necromancy, or necromancy gets folded into sorcery. That way, Dragons of a Different Color could theoretically be open for everyone but still leaves the door open for very mysterious origin stories like the one for my character.

As far as corpse elements go, my feelings on them differ a bit depending on what you're talking about? If you're just talking about anologs that show up in the Underworld because it's a dark reflection of creation, then the traditional ones work fine. But if you're talking about changing the way the Underworld work to where it is an elementally based world then some more thought needs to go into them. In the same way that a combination of the 5 elements could theoretically make up anything in creation, you would need 5 elements that compose everything in the Underworld. So for me that would look more like "Memory, Soul, Wrath, Flesh, and Grave".

I have created a character creation tool. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.

I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

The Corpse Elements are fine, thank you for asking.

Onyx Path Forums Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                        Kkkkkkkkkk

Good. Now I feel calm. Kkkkkk

Comment

I read that Autochthon kidnapped water elementals. Who remembers where it is written? I want to compare the differences between the elements.

Comment

It was something that probably didn't need a unified origin. It was a bit where the book took a neat setting element and decided it had to be tied to Solars in the First Age.
                            Wait what? I though it was just the taint of the Underworld (or whatever) that switched their potential for Sorcery to Necromancy... When/where did Solars come in? (this is what I get for reading books non-linearly)

(on second I might be better off not dragging 2e-isms into my head...)

Jade-Screened Exalted Finding the Path
                            Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                              I don't know about that Lioness. I heard one of them is upset and has a bone to pick with you.

Here, I'll save you the trouble of responding to my terrible pun.
                              Last edited by AnubisXy; 03-19-2017, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fata-Ku View Post
                                Wait what? I though it was just the taint of the Underworld (or whatever) that switched their potential for Sorcery to Necromancy... When/where did Solars come in? (this is what I get for reading books non-linearly)

(on second I might be better off not dragging 2e-isms into my head...)
                                In Dreams of the First Age: Lands of Creation. It hink it's in the section about the Lap. And yeah, kind of a tangent.

And stuff.

And stuff.
                                Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

Working...
                                X