Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think my dawn in DaveBs game is about to die...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    Final disposition of forces:

Surrounding countryside: Filled with invisible demons.
    Lol. I love that assessment.

Comment

Crimson Lion is more than just a bit of a jerkface. However, there was actually a reason for his haste - the Dragon-Blooded would quite probably continue attacking into his territory and weakening his people, but also he knew they had a sorcerer who was busy churning out demons and therefore needed to be stopped asap (as was, there were 'merely' two Size 2 battlegroups and one Size 1 of demons present when his army got there) *and* that they had started building fortifications around the city *and* that within a month it was possible there would be other further reinforcements from Prasad, and possibly a Realm Legion.
      Just for clarification, there were two Size 2 BGs of mortal troops and one Size 1 BG of Demons, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
        Just for clarification, there were two Size 2 BGs of mortal troops and one Size 1 BG of Demons, right?

No, three battlegroups of demons, two Size 2 and one Size 1. I don't know how many came with the sorcerer (probably the agata at the very least) and how many were summoned in situ, though.

- Chris Allen
        Freelance Writer, The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

Excellent strategic decision, making the early surge to stop their rapid increase in strength. Waiting seems like it would have made things unwinnable.

Glad to see someone else having fun with a Melee counterattack build. You put it through quite a test. Isn't it hilariously fun?

Comment

I have a question, sir, if you will indulge me, please.

Were almost all of these updates 'real time' so to speak? I assume they were.

Comment

Most were but some were off-time because I typed them up then got distracted for long periods of time before hitting send.

Total enemy forces:

6 Dragon-Blooded. I think the commander was Essence 4 and the rest between Essence 2 and 3. One was a sorcerer. I now possess a huge pile of artifact weapons and armour. These guys were very well equipped.
              Size 3 Ibenese conscript force with halberds.
              2 Size 1 Ibenese conscript units with bows.
              Size 2 Prasad regular troops with melee weapons.
              Size 2 Prasad regular troops with bows.
              Size 2(?) Realm elite troops with melee weapons.
              Size 2 unit of blood apes.
              Size 2 unit of agata.
              Size 1 unit of iron knuckles (elite melee demons).

Total friendly forces, after application of War charms:
              1 Crimson Lion Rajah (Dawn-caste Solar, crazed nutjob).
              1 Blue Peacock Rani (heroic mortal martial artist).
              Size 4 Akhandahari regular force with spears.
              Size 3 Akhandahari regular force with axes and scaling ladders.
              Size 3 Akhandahari regular force with bows.

- Chris Allen
              Freelance Writer, The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

That's a pretty fucking glorious victory I'd say.

Good job!

Comment

Cool story, I really enjoyed that.

How did the Terrestrials mounted on Agatae get routed? Was one of the demon units composed of Beauteous Wasps?

Comment

No, three battlegroups of demons, two Size 2 and one Size 1. I don't know how many came with the sorcerer (probably the agata at the very least) and how many were summoned in situ, though.
                    Out of curiosity, why did the ST use multiple BGs? Generally the rules advise to avoid doing that. Were they different types of Demon?

Comment

Them being significantly different kinds of demons is my first guess as well: Erythmanoi, Agatas, et cetera. I mean, if the difference between infantry and cavalry is so important as to be ranked separately, a giant wasp and a gorilla should be represented separately as well.
                      Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-21-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thousand_Comforts_Base View Post
                        Cool story, I really enjoyed that.

How did the Terrestrials mounted on Agatae get routed? Was one of the demon units composed of Beauteous Wasps?
                        Yeah, the sorcerer and the archer mounted up on agatae from the battlegroup; when Crimson Lion fired off a colossal supernatural effect that forced rout checks on everything, the agatae broke and Dave ruled they took the poor Dragon-Blooded with them (or possibly fortunate Dragon-Blooded, given how things turned out).

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post

Out of curiosity, why did the ST use multiple BGs? Generally the rules advise to avoid doing that. Were they different types of Demon?
                        Yeah, as I noted in a post above, there were different types of demon. A Size 2 group of blood apes, a Size 2 group of agatae, and a Size 1 group of an elite melee demon the GM has called Iron Knuckles, presumably as a homage to Zelda.

- Chris Allen

Comment

Yeah, the sorcerer and the archer mounted up on agatae from the battlegroup; when Crimson Lion fired off a colossal supernatural effect that forced rout checks on everything, the agatae broke and Dave ruled they took the poor Dragon-Blooded with them (or possibly fortunate Dragon-Blooded, given how things turned out).
                          What was that "colossal supernatural effect" that forced rout checks?

Comment

Working...
                          X