Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infernals - To Rule in Hell (complete edition)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Lanaya! I was actually looking to make some Infernal antagonists for my players and so I found this homebrew and I freaking love it! It's just so fun to create an infernal with this homebrew Great job!

Comment

We are using this fan-splat in our group and loving it. The pirate-king Demon Emperor Shintai Fiend Caste is just AWESOME

Comment

Small update, I've finally figured out a way of doing feat of strength charms that I liked. Here they are.

False Idols Cast Down
        Cost: 3m; Mins: Athletics 3, Essence 1
        Type: Supplemental
        Keywords: None
        Duration: Instant
        Prerequisite Charms: None
        Surging with fell might, the Infernal adds her Essence to her Strength score for the purpose of qualifying for a feat of strength, and gains (Essence) non-Charm dice on the roll. If she attempts to destroy an object while one or more other characters who bear positive Ties towards it can witness the destruction she wreaks, the difficulty of the feat of strength is reduced by the intensity of the strongest such Intimacy, reducing the Strength requirement appropriately.

Tower-Toppling Fist
        Cost: 1wp; Mins: Athletics 4, Essence 2 (The King Still Stands)
        Prerequisite Charms: False Idols Cast Down
        With this Charm the Infernal can perform feats of strength to destroy objects at a greatly accelerated pace. A destructive feat that would take a day is instead completed in an hour, one that would take an hour takes a minute, one that would take a minute takes one action and one that would take an action becomes reflexive. At Essence 3+, the Infernal can reduce the time required to perform a feat by two stages.

Growing Frenzy Attitude
        Cost: 5m; Mins: Athletics 5, Essence 3 (The King Still Stands)
        Prerequisite Charms: False Idols Cast Down
        Each act of destruction only spurs the Infernal on to another. She gains (Strength) bonus dice and two non-Charm bonus dice on a feat of strength roll, plus two additional non-Charm dice for each time she has successfully used this Charm in the current scene, to a maximum of (Strength + Essence) dice.

World-Crushing Solace
        Cost: -; Mins: Athletics 5, Essence 3 (The King Still Stands)
        Type: Permanent
        Duration: Permanent
        Prerequisite Charms: Growing Frenzy Attitude
        Once per scene when the Infernal succeeds on a feat of strength to destroy something with a difficulty equal to at least (5 + her Essence), she regains one point of Willpower.

City-Smiting Ruin
        Cost: 12m, 1wp; Mins: Athletics 5, Essence 5 (The King Still Stands)
        Type: Reflexive
        Duration: One scene
        Prerequisite Charms: World-Crushing Solace
        The Infernal’s power is endless and untiring. Nothing can stand in the face of her rampage. She doubles 7s on feat of strength rolls, and can attempt any feat regardless of Strength requirement.

My homebrew: Abyssals, Infernals, Dragon Kings, martial arts.

Comment

One question, I have the pdf you released in March, with 170 pages. What is the difference with the bunch of pdfs in your main page? There are too many to manually download and see the differences one by one. Were too many charms added? In which abilities? To see if it is worth to download one by one and send to my player...

Comment

Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
            One question, I have the pdf you released in March, with 170 pages. What is the difference with the bunch of pdfs in your main page? There are too many to manually download and see the differences one by one. Were too many charms added? In which abilities? To see if it is worth to download one by one and send to my player...
            There wasn't a pdf, but if you mean the google docs, I think the only changes I've made since then are adding the feat of strength charms and noting in each charm's prereqs line which Shintai it's associated with. I might be wrong on that, but either way there weren't any major revisions.

Comment

Yes, I meant the Google Doc. I usualy download these Docs as PDFs, as I find them easier to read than Word/Open Office documents, so forgot it never was a PDF to start with XD

A doubt with Black Mirror Shintai, mostly related to Charms. As you "replace your Charms with the target´s"

1): If the target is non-Exalted, non-God, non-magical creature, so, a mortal person... As you replaced your Charms with his/hers, that is, nothing, I guess you lose access to Charms until you come back to your real form?

Comment

Is this material complete, no additional content to be added or revised?

Craft rewrite.
                Twitter Handle: at maudovajr

Comment

Originally posted by Maudova View Post
                  Is this material complete, no additional content to be added or revised?
                  It's complete in the sense that there's enough here to play with, but there is more content that I plan to add.

Comment

Minor update to show I haven't totally forgotten about this. I fleshed out presence and thrown a bit, including an Act of Villainy charm for those who were fond of that mechanic. Here's the new stuff:

Dastardly Villain Attitude
                    Cost: -; Mins: Presence 2, Essence 1
                    Prerequisite Charms: None
                    An Infernal with this Charm derives no end of satisfaction from acting the role of the worst kind of monster. Upon purchasing Dastardly Villain Attitude, she picks two of the following acts of villainy. When she meets the condition for one of her chosen acts, she gains a point of Willpower and can lose one point of Limit, though she can only perform each given act once per story. Additional acts can be bought for 3xp each.
                    Infernal Genius Declaration: The Infernal shares the details of her master plan with her enemies, knowing that they will be able to use this information against her and potentially thwart that plan.
                    Best Enemy Recognition: After developing a positive Tie towards an enemy who poses some threat to her, the Infernal assists him at no benefit to herself or spares him when he is wholly in her power.
                    Fiendish Deathtrap Compulsion: Rather than personally deal with her enemies, the Infernal leaves them to be slain or held captive by her minions, a deadly environmental feature or some elaborate trap.
                    Trusted Companion Subversion: Rather than oppose her foe directly, the Infernal deploys some scheme to turn the subject of one of his positive Ties against him.
                    Chivalrous Fiend Obligation: The Infernal sacrifices some substantial advantage over a foe to give him a fighting chance, such as by ordering her troops to stand down so she can fight him one on one.

Wrapped in Adoration
                    Cost:
                    5m, 1wp; Mins: Presence 5, Essence 2 (Black Mirror Shintai)
                    Type: Simple
                    Prerequisite Charms: Cunning Deception Technique
                    An Infernal with this Charm inspires deep and abiding passion in others – usually trust and devotion, but some delight in making others utterly consumed in hatred for themselves. When confronted with a character bearing a Defining Tie towards herself, the Infernal can roll a special (Manipulation + Presence) instill action to make that Tie inviolable. If she succeeds, any persuasion that would cause her target to act against the affected Tie can and must be treated as unacceptable influence.
                    If the targeted Intimacy is lowered in strength, this Charm’s effects end. However, any successful attempt made to reduce it must be rerolled, taking the second result instead.

Passion-Exploiting Artistry
                    Cost: -; Mins: Presence 5, Essence 2 (Black Mirror Shintai)
                    Prerequisite Charms: Wrapped in Adoration
                    An Infernal with this Charm never needs to roll to convince others to act on a Defining Tie towards herself. Furthermore, if she requests an inconvenient task, the target of her influence cannot attempt to resist in a Decision Point except when another character attempts to overturn the influence.

Armoured in Impropriety Approach
                    Cost:
                    7m, 1wp; Mins: Presence 5, Essence 3 (Black Mirror Shintai)
                    Keywords: Mute
                    Duration: One scene
                    Prerequisite Charms: Our Little Secret
                    The Infernal’s dark deeds are too confronting to even witness. Any character who sees her grossly violate social mores or laws will refuse to acknowledge her actions, instead continuing as though nothing had happened. Even after this Charm has ended, such characters will not remember that anything happened, having forced the incident out of their minds. The Infernal’s act must be something unsettling, not merely unacceptable – she could murder a satrap in front of his court and walk out unchallenged, but stealing from his treasury would not be aided by this Charm.
                    A character whose Major or Defining Intimacy that is threatened by the Infernal can spend a point of Willpower to ignore this Charm’s effects.

Dust Devil Feint
                    Cost: 3m, 1wp; Mins: Thrown 5, Essence 1
                    Keywords: Withering-only
                    Prerequisite Charms: Sandstrike Blast
                    As she flays her foes alive, the Infernal dissolves into grains of sand herself and reappears elsewhere. After the completion of a withering attack made with Sandstrike Blast, she can transport herself one range band in any direction as long as she doesn’t move through a impermeable barrier.

A Thousand Grains
                    Cost:
                    1m; Mins: Thrown 4, Essence 2 (Shintai of the Endless Desert)
                    Keywords: Uniform
                    Prerequisite Charms: Flesh-Flensing Barrage
                    Eventually even the most stubborn defence must wear away before the Infernal’s persistent onslaught. An attack enhanced by this Charm gains no benefit itself; however, if the Infernal attacks the same target on her next turn (or before it using reflexive attack Charms) she rerolls all 6s on that attack roll. Each round that she uses this Charm consecutively against the same target she rerolls the next lowest number as well, to a maximum of (Essence) different rerolled numbers, so after three rounds the Infernal will reroll 6s, 5s and 4s. If the Infernal fails to activate this Charm against her target for a full round, all her accumulated rerolls are lost.

Pitiless Choking Wreath
                    Cost:
                    4m; Mins: Thrown 3, Essence 2 (Shintai of the Endless Desert)
                    Keywords: Withering-only
                    Prerequisite Charms: Sandstrike Blast
                    If the Infernal’s withering attack using Sandstrike Blast is successful, her target is enfolded in her sands, which continue to scrape at his flesh. He suffers an additional point of withering damage at the beginning of each of his turns until he escapes. Escaping the sands requires an action and a successful (Dexterity + Athletics) roll against a difficulty of (Infernal’s Thrown).
                    If the Infernal’s attack crashes her target, his airways are additionally flooded with sand and he begins to suffocate until he is freed.

Swallowed in Eternity
                    Cost: 5m; Mins: Thrown 3, Essence 2 (Shintai of the Endless Desert)
                    Keywords: Decisive-only
                    Prerequisite Charms: Pitiless Choking Wreath
                    While she has an enemy trapped in the Pitiless Choking Wreath, the Infernal can make a special decisive gambit using Sandstrike Blast at a difficulty equal to the target’s remaining health levels, which cannot be parried. If it succeeds, the ground beneath her target’s feet dissolves into sand which drags him under, never to be seen again. Whatever fate awaits him is unknown, save that Exalted victims of this Charm may not reincarnate until several years later.

Death Races Onwards
                    Cost:
                    6m, 1wp; Mins: Thrown 5, Essence 3 (Scarlet Rapture Shintai)
                    Keywords: Decisive-only
                    Prerequisite Charms: Carried on the Wind, Hungry Wind Howling
                    After making a successful close range decisive attack, the Infernal launches herself two or three range bands forward and makes a secondary decisive attack applied against each other enemy she comes within close range of during this move. This attack carries a base damage of the Infernal’s Essence plus any threshold successes on the attack roll, and does not reduce the Infernal’s Initiative on a miss. Using this Charm counts as the Infernal’s movement action for the round.

Scorpion-Tailed Mirage Technique
                    Cost: 11m, 1wp; Mins: Thrown 5, Essence 3 (Shintai of the Endless Desert)
                    Keywords: Perilous, Withering-only
                    Prerequisite Charms: Dust Devil Feint, Dune-Burst Onslaught
                    As her enemies try to strike her down, the Infernal explodes into a blast of sand that scrapes skin from their bones. She makes a reflexive withering clash against an incoming attack using her Sandstrike Blast, which automatically benefits from Dust Devil Feint.

Updated Charm: World-Grinding Sandstorm Devastation
                    Prerequisite Charms: Swallowed in Eternity, Scorpion-Tailed Mirage Technique

Comment

Gonna tip my hat to you on this one, that was a remarkable project that you have brought to the Exalted community. In our group, we are going with mixed types of Exalted, so can't wait to see the Infernals you have created in action.

One thing our group was quick to notice that it seems Flesh-Flensing Barrage seems excessively strong when combo-ed with Crimson Storm Unleashed. Perhaps limiting it by (Essence) or (Thrown) stacks of penalty could add a balancing factor to the combo? That, and I would like to ask if Pitiless Choking Wreath is meant to be supplemental, since I was confused to see it referencing a withering attack by Sandstrike Blast, yet in itself the charm doesn't make that attack.

Once again, thank you very much for your hardwork!

Comment

Im putting this post in my bookmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by Buraikhoi View Post
                          One thing our group was quick to notice that it seems Flesh-Flensing Barrage seems excessively strong when combo-ed with Crimson Storm Unleashed. Perhaps limiting it by (Essence) or (Thrown) stacks of penalty could add a balancing factor to the combo? That, and I would like to ask if Pitiless Choking Wreath is meant to be supplemental, since I was confused to see it referencing a withering attack by Sandstrike Blast, yet in itself the charm doesn't make that attack.
                          Capped it to (Essence) stacks, thanks for that suggestion. Also cleared up Pitiless Choking Wreath's wording to make it clear that it includes the attack.

And thanks for the kind words, to everyone who's given them! It means a lot.

Comment

Any chance this can be complied into a single document? Would make it so much easier for my group to look through...

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                              Any chance this can be complied into a single document? Would make it so much easier for my group to look through...
                              It was originally a single doc, but at that size google docs started to lag horribly and I couldn't keep it updated so I had to switch to this setup. I made a quick compiled pdf version though, it's not pretty but it's searchable.

Comment

That's a pretty nice homebrew while waiting for the official Infernals to come out. I remember reading about Adorjan and her charms, and immediately coming up with the concept of a boddhisattva-like Infernal preaching complete detachment from everything to both escape the cycle of reincarnation AND avoid the Neverborn's fate (no guarantee it's a viable philosophy, but hey, Exalted come up with that sort of ambitious projects all the time). An extreme, brutal kind of enlightenment and detachment that doesn't appear very nice for the average onlooker, but that's close to the most benevolent interpretation of Adorjan's influence (Yozi influence in general, even) I could come up with. I'm seeing many Essence 1 charms alone that'd be relevant for that concept, so that's encouraging. I might make her an NPC in my current game before I try playing her as a PC someday.
                                (Also, this homebrew is making me realize that she'd actually also draw quite a lot from the Ebon Dragon, which is ironic but very interesting for a character who's meant to be "good", or at least genuinely trying to...)
                                Thanks for your work!

Part-time table flipper.

Comment

Working...
                                X