Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is up with the Exalted line?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is up with the Exalted line?

    Feels like it's dead. Any recent news on it's development?

  • #2
    Rich Thomas has been saying in recent Monday Meetings that they're planning to overhaul how they've been doing things with Exalted, and we'll be seeing things happening in regards to that in the next couple of weeks.


    Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by marin View Post
      Rich Thomas has been saying in recent Monday Meetings that they're planning to overhaul how they've been doing things with Exalted, and we'll be seeing things happening in regards to that in the next couple of weeks.

      Any chance you can elaborate on that or point me to where he said it? Makes it sound like a leadership shakeup or a new production pipeline.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by QuorumOf4 View Post
        Any chance you can elaborate on that or point me to where he said it? Makes it sound like a leadership shakeup or a new production pipeline.
        It may well be either/both, we don't know. This is what he said in this week's Monday Meeting:

        Yes, we do know how concerned you are about the Exalted 3rd release schedule, and we are too. As I noted late last year or early in January, we are working on a new plan for a couple of our lines, and a couple of specific books, and EX3 is at the top of the list for serious changes to how we’ve been doing things up until now. I also know that actions and delivery speak loader than words, and you will be seeing things actually happen in the next couple of weeks.


        Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hah, I kinda hope we could get a mulligan on 3e mechanics.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dragonmystic View Post
            Hah, I kinda hope we could get a mulligan on 3e mechanics.
            After all of the time and effort that went into making the 3E core, I very much doubt that's a possibility.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheGraySoul View Post

              After all of the time and effort that went into making the 3E core, I very much doubt that's a possibility.
              I know, but I can hope, yeah? (I know it's not going to happen.)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dragonmystic View Post

                I know, but I can hope, yeah? (I know it's not going to happen.)
                Haha fair.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Welcome to Exalted 3e where the release dates are made up and the crafting system doesn't matter. Exalted releases are super slow and I am glad RichT is going to be doing something about it. Still, the game itself is pretty darn alive thanks to the fanbase. I tend to like Exalted for the same reasons I like Bethesda games: the fanbase is always getting lots of shit done.


                  Supernal Athletics.mp4

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dragonmystic View Post
                    Hah, I kinda hope we could get a mulligan on 3e mechanics.

                    The mechanics are great. Both the social and combat systems are fun to play, but the ambiguous wording of certain charms is mildly annoying.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dragonmystic View Post
                      Hah, I kinda hope we could get a mulligan on 3e mechanics.

                      Originally posted by Dragonmystic View Post

                      I know, but I can hope, yeah? (I know it's not going to happen.)

                      Oh no, the Devs don't come and talk to us enough!! The line is failing! Ignore the sales stats and the continuing work and the releases and the monday meeting notes and the fan activity, all that matters is what people say to me the individual! DOOM I TELL YOU!!

                      Yeah, I wonder why that is. Either this is a place you want the Devs to come and chat with you, or it's a place you can growl and complain to your heart's content without being remonstrated with by exhausted people who are SO completely over it.

                      (I mean, what exactly should one say to "I hate all the work you did over the past few years and dismiss it with a quip"? Apart from "bless your heart" obviously.)

                      (tbh I am much more of a fan of the bear who lost his hat's response of "...thank you anyway")


                      ". ... for me, the transformative power of art is you are not above the material." -= Guillermo del Toro

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Steamfunk View Post
                        Welcome to Exalted 3e where the release dates are made up and the crafting system doesn't matter. Exalted releases are super slow and I am glad RichT is going to be doing something about it. Still, the game itself is pretty darn alive thanks to the fanbase. I tend to like Exalted for the same reasons I like Bethesda games: the fanbase is always getting lots of shit done.
                        *listens to the awkward silence of the situation where Onyx Path has not worked with strict deadlines like in RPG industry yesteryear with all the negative aspects that come with them, for some time now*


                        “As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post

                          *listens to the awkward silence of the situation where Onyx Path has not worked with strict deadlines like in RPG industry yesteryear with all the negative aspects that come with them, for some time now*
                          Not only this, but it's not like yesteryear was particularly good at deadlines all that regularly, either. Here are two major differences from now and then: nowadays, we have a window in to see what's going on behind the scenes, so now we're cognizant of when estimates are incorrect whereas before we'd just languishing on the vine wondering what's going on or if the book promised is abandonware, and the company behind the writers is now operating on financial scale where it can be more concerned with putting out quality products than selling something regardless of its readiness just so it can pay its bills that month.

                          The question to ask one's self is whether knowing what's going on is worth it or if you'd prefer to be wondering when or even if a line is continuing. Is ignorance truly bliss? fuck if i know, man.


                          A Green Sun Destrier

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kongurous View Post
                            Not only this, but it's not like yesteryear was particularly good at deadlines all that regularly, either. Here are two major differences from now and then: nowadays, we have a window in to see what's going on behind the scenes, so now we're cognizant of when estimates are incorrect whereas before we'd just languishing on the vine wondering what's going on or if the book promised is abandonware, and the company behind the writers is now operating on financial scale where it can be more concerned with putting out quality products than selling something regardless of its readiness just so it can pay its bills that month.

                            The question to ask one's self is whether knowing what's going on is worth it or if you'd prefer to be wondering when or even if a line is continuing. Is ignorance truly bliss? fuck if i know, man.
                            I've been lucky in that regard. Even just limiting my interests to Onyx Path I'm currently gleefully awaiting for the Dark Eras Companion and it's juicy Mummy related material and Vampire's Thousand Years of Night. That sort of thing and other interests tends to mean I barely keep it in mind the development of current Exalted materials while I wait. I'll be interested to see what the announcement ends up being but I'm okay waiting in unspeculative silence.


                            “As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lucy Darling View Post
                              (I mean, what exactly should one say to "I hate all the work you did over the past few years and dismiss it with a quip"? Apart from "bless your heart" obviously.)
                              No disrespect. But maybe just nothing.


                              Join the Strife

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X