Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look I'm just hoping we don't have a Superman 2 Richard Donner situation with the line. That seems much more like a pressing concern now than the attitude of the forums. Does it really matter if we get stuff on time if that stuff sucks?
    Last edited by ParanoiaCombo; 03-23-2017, 12:25 PM. Reason: Edit: Spelling it out clearly.

Incentive is not permission or justification.

Comment

Originally posted by Volivat View Post
      So why dont you and also the devs just ignore the negative if its too exhausting to deal with it and only engage with the positive?
      Because people have made it ludicrously hard for her and the devs to find the positive without picking through an inordinate amount of negativity.

It's not like the devs are going looking for negative stuff to engage them. It's akin to looking in a fridge for leftover pizza: in theory, it shouldn't be too difficult or stressful; in practice, there is a pizza box, but it's sandwiched between two Ziploc Baggies of medical waste. And then there's a guy perched on top of the fridge with another Baggie of medical waste, and he heaves it at your face with as much force as he can muster.
      Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-23-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

3E is the first Exalted edition I've actually managed to play rather than just read EVERY SINGLE BOOK and still go "erm... no one is going to put up with this system."

Is it perfect? No, but it is playable. The charm bloat and Crafting, which I initially was hyped about, is unfortunate.

Our group would REALLY appreciate Dragonblood and Arms coming out.... today :P

If a shake up is what it will take to get the ball going again, then full speed ahead, we have more money to throw at it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          Because people have made it ludicrously hard for her and the devs to find the positive without picking through an inordinate amount of negativity.

It's not like the devs are going looking for negative stuff to engage them. It's akin to looking in a fridge for leftover pizza: in theory, it shouldn't be too difficult or stressful; in practice, there is a pizza box, but it's sandwiched between two Ziploc Baggies of medical waste. And then there's a guy perched on top of the fridge with another Baggie of medical waste, and he heaves it at your face with as much force as he can muster.

Alright, lets take a look at the topics on the forum. "what is up with the exalted line?" is one topic. Given the history of this forum that topic is close to being mathematically guaranteed to have severe negative opinions and worse for the devs. Then we have topics like these:

Improvised Storytelling - Experiences and Ideas (?)
          Dragon-Blooded families, lifespans and generations
          Ask a question, get an answer
          Lunar Knacks
          Defending against exalted assassins
          Claw Strider Packs
          The Realm: Post-Collapse
          [3E] The Artifact and Evocation Workshop

Yeah, there will be negative stuff in these topics as well (its the internet), but a lot more likely to have a vastly higher incidence of positive comments and questions than negative.
          This took me less than a minute and its all on the front page.

That is why I strongly disagree with your argument.

Comment

That is why I strongly disagree with your argument.
            Outright hyperbole isnt about having an argument or discussion, its about feeling that your right and expecting everyone to agree. Often the facts dont matter.

Comment

Psst, Volivat?

You're not an Ex3 dev. You're not an Ex3 writer.

Of course you can find a pizza without getting a bag of medical waste thrown in your face - the guy on the fridge isn't targeting you. When Holden shows up with a helpful answer in "Claw Strider Packs," he's likely to get dogpiled.

Also, this forum is hardly representative of Exalted discussion as a whole - think of us as the vegetable crisper, in this analogy.

EDIT: Also, nice cherry-picking. You've managed to not include the presence of this thread, the locked thread, and the thread someone started as a continuation of the locked thread that subsequently also got locked (and then was deleted by the mods).
              Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-23-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                Psst, Volivat?

You're not an Ex3 dev. You're not an Ex3 writer.

Of course you can find a pizza without getting a bag of medical waste thrown in your face - the guy on the fridge isn't targeting you. When Holden shows up with a helpful answer in "Claw Strider Packs," he's likely to get dogpiled.

Also, this forum is hardly representative of Exalted discussion as a whole - think of us as the vegetable crisper, in this analogy.

And that is why I suggested they could give their helpful answers and not look back as an alternative to not posting because of the chance that there will be significant negative comments about his post. That such a strategy is impossible to execute is something I find highly unlikely. Though they might not want to do it for various reasons, that is another matter and up to them really.

Or just create a topic with the latest they have been working on/status updates/whatever they desire really. No need to come back and wade through the comments.

All im saying that there are alternatives to the current situation that isnt dependent on this forum becoming free from negative attacks and whatnot. Which would likely be positive for the line.

Comment

Anyone else annoyed that these threads are beginning to devolve into either sanctify the devs or burn them as witches? Its getting Bronze v Gold up in here.

Comment

That wont change unless there are put in place draconic forum rules banning all negative opinions.
                    Which at this point is looking like it would be a really, really good idea to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Verzio View Post

Which at this point is looking like it would be a really, really good idea to me.
                      We would need to be very diligent comrade

Comment

*raises an eyebrow*

Not a dev, didn't work on the Core and if you will note my sig, am no longer working on the line at all for personal reasons. I am posting as a fan, as part of the community (albeit one with specific experiences most of you don't have). So take your 'professionalism' and...well stick to it yourself.

You want to be able to rant and rave and make HILARIOUS jokes. The Devs stuck through as much of that as they could - look at John's last thread announcing the Backer Charms if you want an example of why 'post and run' doesn't work, and why 'ignore the negative' doesn't work. Not being here trudging through it means "woe is me the devs have abandoned us".

It is a difficult line to walk. Last time I posted about this I got snarked at for NOT providing evidence and now quoting someone is poor form? Make up your minds about what you want before you start slamming people for not reaching those heights.

Not to mention the indie devs on rpgnet are there, not here. The rules there are different, mod culture is different, and board culture is different. And you cannot ignore the weight of history - on both sides.

To sum up: Ex3 is alive and ongoing.

". ... for me, the transformative power of art is you are not above the material." -= Guillermo del Toro

Comment

Honestly I feel for the devs in many ways and I think a lot of the time attitudes towards them are bad. They are people too.

That said I'm definitely not happy in the slightest with the speed of the releases and I also am not happy with the Devs saying "hey well it's years late but we're just going to carry as we have in the past, keep on failing to meet promises and deadlines, and generally disdain the community."

I ran a campaign for over a year now and I had to buy my own damn PoD copy because my deluxe edition just isn't here. I got my group to play, I put the effort in, they bought books too. I am exactly the kind of fan who actually, you know, gets the game played and out there. And I paid several hundred dollars for what do far has been sod all.

I'm not particularly impressed. I don't think anybody would be. I don't think it's unreasonable at this stage to not really be filled with optimism and such.
                          Last edited by Solar; 03-23-2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Darling View Post
                            *raises an eyebrow*

Not a dev, didn't work on the Core and if you will note my sig, am no longer working on the line at all for personal reasons. I am posting as a fan, as part of the community (albeit one with specific experiences most of you don't have). So take your 'professionalism' and...well stick to it yourself.

You want to be able to rant and rave and make HILARIOUS jokes. The Devs stuck through as much of that as they could - look at John's last thread announcing the Backer Charms if you want an example of why 'post and run' doesn't work, and why 'ignore the negative' doesn't work. Not being here trudging through it means "woe is me the devs have abandoned us".

It is a difficult line to walk. Last time I posted about this I got snarked at for NOT providing evidence and now quoting someone is poor form? Make up your minds about what you want before you start slamming people for not reaching those heights.

Not to mention the indie devs on rpgnet are there, not here. The rules there are different, mod culture is different, and board culture is different. And you cannot ignore the weight of history - on both sides.

So you like to project and make broad sweeping statements about the Exalted Community, which is fine. But you picked DragonMystic and singled them out for the fit you threw at them. Which is pretty poor behaviour. Changing your signature isnt a great flag that you are no longer working on EX3 (dragonblooded if i recall) considering you started posting her as someone who's a writer for exalted. They werent ranting, or raving, or decrying how the devs never talk, they werent having a hypocritical double standard about the dev process and demanding thier heads. They dont like the mechanics as it stands, you then straw manned them so hard i could have sworn i was on TumblerInAction or The Donald.

So you can raise your eyebrows as if it is supposed to carry significance, but the person you started being snide at doesnt represent some sort of horrific fanbase, and from personal experience isnt a toxic or trollish individual. They're pretty goddamn easy going, polite, and i suspect up until recently fairly on the fence about Ex3 until you decided to go and make them the face for your personal grudges.

You picked a fight and made this thread about the line your problems with parts of the fanbase. Maybe dont do that next time?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Darling View Post
                              *raises an eyebrow*

At the time of writing this, your sig doesn't have anything relvant to the game line, just an inspirational quote from Guillermo del Toro? I'm a bit confused.

I know you didn't work on the core, but I had heard you were writing for dragonbloods. Sorry for the confusion.

Honestly...i'm just at the point confused as to why you were quoting *me* as an example for being hostile to the devs. Or at least that specific post.

Complaining about the game line, mechanics, etc. Is not meant to be a personal attack.

Comment

This is a forum, designed for conversations. How exactly can one add positive replies to a conversation without getting involved in it and seeing any negativity present?

To know what an appropriate and helpful reply would be, one has to read the threads. Skimming might suffice here and there, but that runs the risk of misinterpreting the question or repeating already given answers, which isn't so much helpful as clearly detached.

I was following the Games Workshop forums back when they had them, and they got closed because of this kind of rift between the company and the fans. So, at the moment I'm just glad this Exalted forum is still around, because there are a lot of very cool people here trying their best to keep the game alive with a lot of effort (fans and devs alike).

In short: Yay for Exalted!

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

Working...
                                X