Arms of the Chosen Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
    I wonder if those names might not be a little bit... overwrought?
    .....How long have you been playing Exalted?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

.....How long have you been playing Exalted?
      ​Long enough to have peaked and fallen like somebody attempting to pilot a plane despite my stubby arms.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
        Now like you said, Vance himself said that most Warstriders are like 15-25 feet tall
        30 feet. The corebook illo of the Imperial City military parade shows some around that size.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​Long enough to have peaked and fallen like somebody attempting to pilot a plane despite my stubby arms.
          I was attempting a bit of kidding about how it's a bit late to start complaining about overwrought names in Exalted now. My joke seems to have failed. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
            30 feet. The corebook illo of the Imperial City military parade shows some around that size.
            Oh wow! Cool, that's a very awesome sight indeed and one that I'm glad is representative of the actual rules!

Comment

• I'm one to admitedly like simpler names. I have sketched out an idea for a McGuffin warstrider for a game I would run in the South which was simply called Omen. Because sometimes you can get a nic eominous vibe wiht two syllables

And stuff.

Comment

But not impossible, and I wouldn't mind helping stat up a COLOSSUS-sized Warstrider.
                ...... how the hell does it lift its arms?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                  Neeeeeato. Though, that reminds me--something that I'd always found a bit odd about that picture was that it had two identical warstriders in it.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston123 View Post

...... how the hell does it lift its arms?
                    I have no idea. I think the towers shift slightly? I've never actually played the game, it was a MOBA released in 2009

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Now like you said, Vance himself said that most Warstriders are like 15-25 feet tall, with one of the biggest ones in Arms being Gundam-sized. So a castle-sized Strider is unlikely.

But not impossible, and I wouldn't mind helping stat up a COLOSSUS-sized Warstrider.
                      It absolutely MUST be possible to build a Warstrider so big that you need to pilot it with another, smaller Warstrider inside.

Not because that should be a regular thing in Creation, but because I want at least one Solar to have been crazy enough to do it.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                        It absolutely MUST be possible to build a Warstrider so big that you need to pilot it with another, smaller Warstrider inside.

Not because that should be a regular thing in Creation, but because I want at least one Solar to have been crazy enough to do it.
                        We also need a Craft charm that allows a Warstrider pilot to combine their Warstrider with another Warstrider to make a bigger Warstrider, even if neither Warstrider was ever meant to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhirlwindMonk View Post

We also need a Craft charm that allows a Warstrider pilot to combine their Warstrider with another Warstrider to make a bigger Warstrider, even if neither Warstrider was ever meant to do so.
                          That's really more of an Evocation.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• ...why oh why can't I find a gif of the mech piloting a mech piloting a mech piloting a mech from Gurren Lagaan?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by WhirlwindMonk View Post
                              And that's a shame, and it's a reason why some players simply won't be willing to take a dissonant or even neutral artifact.
                              It's a reason why they won't buy one in character creation, sure. In play, there are lots of reasons you can be pushed by circumstances, though. At the most simple, when you're looting the corpse of a defeated Deathknight, you don't get much choice about what material he was using.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verzio View Post
                                It's a reason why they won't buy one in character creation, sure. In play, there are lots of reasons you can be pushed by circumstances, though. At the most simple, when you're looting the corpse of a defeated Deathknight, you don't get much choice about what material he was using.
                                It does make me curious what the most common approach from people on Evocations will be.

Will most players start by coming up with Evocations and then design the weapon to match it? Something like, "I want an Evocation that can let me infest people with roses. Anyone hit by this sword takes damage as roses flowers begin growing from their body, and maybe there would be a high level Evocation that can let me stab the weapon into the ground and infest everyone nearby with roses. I guess that would probably need to be a Green Jade Reaper Daiklave, and the blade will resemble a rose-stalk with thorns." (Actual conversation with a player in my group).

Or will other people start with a weapon, and then try to figure out what kind of Evocations might fit it. I guess the latter is what you would do if your ST gave you a weapon in game. But for players who prefer to start with Evocations and build the weapon around the Evocations they might choose to simply start with their own weapons rather than work with what they're given. I'm curious which will be more common overall.

I guess, just as a general question for people who have been writing Evocations and are in this thread, do you tend to start with first coming up with a weapon and then designing Evocations around it? Or do you start with ideas for what you want the Evocations to do, and then design the weapon to reflect those?

Comment

Working...
                                X