X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The descriptions state that Dragon-Blooded round their limit for static value increases up, while Solars round them down. Is this correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleks View Post
      The descriptions state that Dragon-Blooded round their limit for static value increases up, while Solars round them down. Is this correct?
      Ugh, no. Stick that in the errata thread, please.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Who can I thank for Dragon-Blooded Archery? My friend just rolled up a Wood Aspect for my Great Forks game, and he's awesome.

He/him

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          Who can I thank for Dragon-Blooded Archery? My friend just rolled up a Wood Aspect for my Great Forks game, and he's awesome.
          That's mostly on the playtesters and everyone who gave feedback since the Kickstarter. I just scribbled a bit.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If there was a martial art for rope darts, fighting chains, and possibly yo-yos, would it be Octopus Style, some kind of Spider Style, some kind of Snake Style, or something else?

I don’t know if it would be inappropriate to look back to Holden’s Coils of Typhon Style.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              If there was a martial art for rope darts, fighting chains, and possibly yo-yos, would it be Octopus Style, some kind of Spider Style, some kind of Snake Style, or something else?
              Animal styles tend to be pretty simple and straightforward. While that doesn't mean a hypothetical Octopus or Spider style couldn't use those weapons, I think that a style that's really focused around using the unique strengths of those weapons to fight in unconventional ways probably wouldn't be an animal style.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How quick is the drop off in the oceans? Are there continental shelves or do they all start going down shortly after leaving shore?

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post
                  How quick is the drop off in the oceans? Are there continental shelves or do they all start going down shortly after leaving shore?
                  That's probably up to the ST to determine.

Comment

• Can you explain to me how Dervish Blade Frenzy actually works mechanically? Particularly if she has already learned Triple Attack Technique

Like, how does the sequence of events play out. The character hits an opponent with Empty Mind Strike, dealing damage, then she adds 1 point of Charge, then checks the extra successes on her Empty Mind Strike, then if her extra successes are past her opponent's Defense she triggers Triple Attack Technique? This would then deal just the Triple Attack Technique damage of (Dexterity + Charge + Base Damage) and checks if her successes remaining on the Empty Mind Strike after Triple Attack Technique beat her opponent's new Defense? Then, if they are, she adds a second instance of Triple Attack Technique's damage bonus (Dexterity + Charge) plus (Essence or 3) automatic successes?

Comment

• Not sure if this has been asked or not. But Vance, what splat is the most likely to happen first (based on yours and Eric's personal preference).
                      Sidereals or Abyssals?
                      Just a thought that occured to me

Comment

• The DB Thrown Excellency flavor says it can hit opponents behind walls, but the mechanics only work up to heavy cover. If an Air Aspect in a hallway sees their target run into a room, is there any way they can curve a dagger around the corner and hit their mark?

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                          Not sure if this has been asked or not. But Vance, what splat is the most likely to happen first (based on yours and Eric's personal preference).
                          Sidereals or Abyssals?
                          I am not a Dev, but this question has been answered in some capacity before:
                          Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          After Lunars, the next splatbook scheduled is Exigents. Sidereals will be the next one after that.

Comment

• In 2nd ed the idea that each 1st circle demon species can reproduce in a unique way, and they usually don’t reproduce through sex. I rather liked this as it was rather flavorful. But someone indicated to me that the writers were probably going to ignore this since it was 2nd ed. Is this true, will you ignore the bits like Blood Apes can reproduce by congealing torture Screams in favor of they are always created by greater demons or through normal breeding?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                              In 2nd ed the idea that each 1st circle demon species can reproduce in a unique way, and they usually don’t reproduce through sex. I rather liked this as it was rather flavorful. But someone indicated to me that the writers were probably going to ignore this since it was 2nd ed. Is this true, will you ignore the bits like Blood Apes can reproduce by congealing torture Screams in favor of they are always created by greater demons or through normal breeding?
                              Haven't really thought about it yet. We'll figure it out when we get to a book where demon reproduction is relevant to the text.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post
                                How quick is the drop off in the oceans?
                                Probably more or less the same as with Earth's seas and oceans, unless you have a reason to do things differently at your table. We've discussed covering the aquatic societies beneath the Western oceans in some future book; if that comes to fruition, we'd address this question there.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X