X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this is an error or not. So i thought i’d ask before putting it in the errata section. P332

Robert Vance or Eric Minton Is horizon cleaver meant to be a medium weapon or is it a grand grimcleaver and missing the 2 handed tag? Right now its labeled as Blue Jade Grimcleaver and has heavy stats and the Lethal, Chopping, and melee tags. Is that supposed to be Grand Grimcleaver and have Two-Handed as well? Or is it a grimcleaver and meant to have medium stats?

Comment

• A question on how you guys go about the art, largely deciding on how to weigh aesthetics. How much freedom do you guys give with the initiative of the artist when comissioning? I ask because the style in the DB core is marvelous, especially the bits that harken back to magitech.

On that subject, I notice with art in the new book that the Gunzosha have a really cool and not quite human look to them beyond the armor and implants. Is this stylistic or does being a Gunzosha carry more physical ramifications now than the implants alone?

Comment

• For the solar Integrity charm Accord of the Unbreakable Spirit, it references lower-case-f followers. I take that to mean the player didn't necessarily pay points to make them captial-F Followers. But is this followers in the sense that they already hold a positive intimacy for the solar or an ideal/institution she represents, or merely that they are following the solar along in this prayer?

Also, are the prayers the solar leads intended to be sufficiently effort-consuming that it would preclude, say, having an army chant prayers while on the march into the wyld, or defending a second solar doing Wyld Shaping?

Comment

• Originally posted by BestCaseSurvival View Post
          For the solar Integrity charm Accord of the Unbreakable Spirit, it references lower-case-f followers. I take that to mean the player didn't necessarily pay points to make them captial-F Followers. But is this followers in the sense that they already hold a positive intimacy for the solar or an ideal/institution she represents, or merely that they are following the solar along in this prayer?
          The latter.

Also, are the prayers the solar leads intended to be sufficiently effort-consuming that it would preclude, say, having an army chant prayers while on the march into the wyld, or defending a second solar doing Wyld Shaping?
          I didn't write it, so I can't speak to intent, but I don't think so.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
            A question on how you guys go about the art, largely deciding on how to weigh aesthetics. How much freedom do you guys give with the initiative of the artist when comissioning? I ask because the style in the DB core is marvelous, especially the bits that harken back to magitech.
            It's sort of about striking a balance. We provide things like reference images, whether that's illustrations from past Exalted books or real-world images, but at the same time, we don't want to micromanage every detail, because we're not the artists.

On that subject, I notice with art in the new book that the Gunzosha have a really cool and not quite human look to them beyond the armor and implants. Is this stylistic or does being a Gunzosha carry more physical ramifications now than the implants alone?
            It's stylistic. Gunzosha soldiers are basically human.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
              Not sure if this is an error or not. So i thought i’d ask before putting it in the errata section. P332

Robert Vance or Eric Minton Is horizon cleaver meant to be a medium weapon or is it a grand grimcleaver and missing the 2 handed tag? Right now its labeled as Blue Jade Grimcleaver and has heavy stats and the Lethal, Chopping, and melee tags. Is that supposed to be Grand Grimcleaver and have Two-Handed as well? Or is it a grimcleaver and meant to have medium stats?
              darn, it's meant to be a grand grimcleaver. Do me a favor and stick this in the errata thread?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
                Can you explain to me how Dervish Blade Frenzy actually works mechanically? Particularly if she has already learned Triple Attack Technique

Like, how does the sequence of events play out. The character hits an opponent with Empty Mind Strike, dealing damage, then she adds 1 point of Charge, then checks the extra successes on her Empty Mind Strike, then if her extra successes are past her opponent's Defense she triggers Triple Attack Technique? This would then deal just the Triple Attack Technique damage of (Dexterity + Charge + Base Damage) and checks if her successes remaining on the Empty Mind Strike after Triple Attack Technique beat her opponent's new Defense? Then, if they are, she adds a second instance of Triple Attack Technique's damage bonus (Dexterity + Charge) plus (Essence or 3) automatic successes?
                Step 1. You use Double Attack Technique and hit, rolling damage normally. All the damage modifiers from Double Attack Technique/Triple Attack Technique apply in this step.

Step 2. If Double Attack Technique's damage satisfies Steel Devil Strike's threshold, you can use it to make a reflexive decisive attack.

Step 3. If your Steel Devil Strike's damage satisfies Empty Mind Strike Technique's threshold, you can use it to make a reflexive decisive attack.

Step 4. If Empty Mind Strike deals damage, you can use Dervish Blade Frenzy to gain +1 Charge and then reflexively use Double Attack Technique. If you don't know Triple Attack Technique, its benefits still apply to this attack. If you do know it, the Quadruple Attack Technique benefits come into play instead of the Triple Attack Technique benefits.

It's a lengthy process with a lot of interactions, so let me know if that wasn't clear.

And to clarify the damage by the Triple and Quadruple Attacks are Withering, not Decisive, even though Empty Mind Strike is a Decisive?

Yeah.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                  If a person with four arms were to wield two slashing swords in 2 of the arms, they would get a clash bonus for dual wielding yes?
                  What would happen if they quad wielded using the other two arms? Extra class bonus? No bonus?
                  My instincts tell me it'd give nothing extra, but wanted to ask.
                  If you're wielding two of the same weapon, you get the clash bonus, regardless of how many arms you happen to have. Wielding more than two doesn't give you any additional bonuses, other than style.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• This make me wonders...

If you are dual-wielding, and you are disarmed, you are disarmed of both weapons, or only one of them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Step 1. You use Double Attack Technique and hit, rolling damage normally. All the damage modifiers from Double Attack Technique/Triple Attack Technique apply in this step.

Step 2. If Double Attack Technique's damage satisfies Steel Devil Strike's threshold, you can use it to make a reflexive decisive attack.

Step 3. If your Steel Devil Strike's damage satisfies Empty Mind Strike Technique's threshold, you can use it to make a reflexive decisive attack.

Step 4. If Empty Mind Strike deals damage, you can use Dervish Blade Frenzy to gain +1 Charge and then reflexively use Double Attack Technique. If you don't know Triple Attack Technique, its benefits still apply to this attack. If you do know it, the Quadruple Attack Technique benefits come into play instead of the Triple Attack Technique benefits.

It's a lengthy process with a lot of interactions, so let me know if that wasn't clear.

Yeah.
                      I see. The part I wasn't clear on was Step 4; because Dervish Blade Frenzy says Triple Attack Technique as being triggered, I didn't understand it was a reflexive activation of Double Attack Technique. So that helps the rest of it make more sense to know that what's happening is that you're just getting an additional attack that's triggering as normal, rather then like, applying Triple/Quadruple Attack on a decisive attack.

This makes a lot more sense, thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
                        This make me wonders...

If you are dual-wielding, and you are disarmed, you are disarmed of both weapons, or only one of them?
                        A disarm gambit only gets one.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          darn, it's meant to be a grand grimcleaver. Do me a favor and stick this in the errata thread?
                          Done and done. Another question. How does Searing Edge Attack's bonus initiative damage interact with legendary size and battle groups? If a tyrant lizard is at 3 init and I use searing edge dealing 2 withering, does the searing edge bonus init damage crash it if my post soak is less than 10? Does it damage battle groups?

Comment

• What is the Forlorn manor a result of? Curse? Possession? Sorcerous Working?

Comment

• Dragon Blooded don't have any charms that have dual ability prerequisites like the few solars do. Is this by design or simply something you didn't find any proper use for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lionmanguy View Post
                                Dragon Blooded don't have any charms that have dual ability prerequisites like the few solars do. Is this by design or simply something you didn't find any proper use for?
                                Nature's Healing Bounty has Medicine and Survival prerequisites.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X