Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do clan Ophris and Burano dragonblooded follow any sort of naming conventions?

Comment

• Earth dragon style can be used in articulate plate. It doesn't explicitly mention it, but is Earth dragon intended to be compatible with smashfists, since the gauntlets have those traits? Or does this make you unable to practice unarmed earth dragon? (which doesn't make sense to me since it explicitly says it's compatible with all armour)

Comment

• Abyssals WHEN!?

I just want to point out that the 2nd Edition had every splat released in the same timeframe that the 3rd Edition has been out.
        We cannot have over three years of nothing but Solars available as viable player options and Storyteller characters that aren't just bland cheese.

Why are the Exalt splat releases so delayed? Is it a lack of writers, complications with licenses, red tape, a Bureaucracy Charm at work? Is there anything we as a community can do to help?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serpent Axis View Post
          Abyssals WHEN!?

I just want to point out that the 2nd Edition had every splat released in the same timeframe that the 3rd Edition has been out.
          We cannot have over three years of nothing but Solars available as viable player options and Storyteller characters that aren't just bland cheese.

Why are the Exalt splat releases so delayed? Is it a lack of writers, complications with licenses, red tape, a Bureaucracy Charm at work? Is there anything we as a community can do to help?
          Not a dev, but this has been covered before: Second Edition had a words-per-month minimum (or a books-per-month, or something like that).
          Basically, Second Edition wanted it's writers to push out book after book, this led to quantity over quality.
          As you've no doubt noticed, both Solars and DB's have had several times the number of charms in their splatbook for Ex3 than the same book in Ex2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serpent Axis View Post
            Abyssals WHEN!?

The biggest reason is that it simply takes time to put out a book with mechanics and setting material that are as high quality as possible. While we're working as hard as we can—you'll notice the Dragon-Blooded pdf just went out to Kickstarter backers for the final review before it's finalized—there's simply no way we could maintain the same release schedule as 2nd Edition without suffering a dropoff in quality that we're not willing to accept.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
              Earth dragon style can be used in articulate plate. It doesn't explicitly mention it, but is Earth dragon intended to be compatible with smashfists, since the gauntlets have those traits? Or does this make you unable to practice unarmed earth dragon? (which doesn't make sense to me since it explicitly says it's compatible with all armour)
              Armor compatibility never impacts on weapon compatibility. If gauntlets are a style weapon, they'll be listed in the style weapons.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Calibration seems to be an analog for Halloween and April Fools/Misrule more than anything else. Is there a widely celebrated Winter Solstice/Day of Charity anywhere in Creation?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                  Calibration seems to be an analog for Halloween and April Fools/Misrule more than anything else.
                  I thought it was a callback to the Mayan calendar - is this not the case?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                    Calibration seems to be an analog for Halloween and April Fools/Misrule more than anything else. Is there a widely celebrated Winter Solstice/Day of Charity anywhere in Creation?
                    Not a single predominant one, although I'm share various cultures have theirs.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      I thought it was a callback to the Mayan calendar - is this not the case?
                      While Calibration definitely draws from the five-day Wayeb' period that the Maya Haab' calendar uses (and maybe also the intercalary periods of the Egyptian calendar?), the way it's celebrated in the Realm and elsewhere strongly evokes inversion festivals like Halloween or April Fool's.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• A small frustration - while discussing Divine Paramour Embrace in the Lunar preview, it came up that you need specifically to persuade "to seduce" a target, and that Seduction has a fairly explicitly sexual sidebar on page 222 in the Exalted Core alongside the Red Rule; the idea of persuading-to-seduce is also present in Charms text with explicit sexual contexts. If the Charm is meant to encompass non-sexual scenarios such as leaning together watching a sunrise or decorating someone's hair with prayer-strips for safety in battle, is there any chance the language could be changed to be a little more neutral, to avoid confusion? Or even to support non-physical intimacy without the upgrade so long as it still takes a scene - the Lunar a prisoner (probably of her own temporary choice), for instance, whispering across the aisle to a fellow inmate to steel their resolve.

The timing came up too, that you need to activate the Charm prior to the scene and maybe couldn't use it spontaneously. Since the initial roll needs to be unresisted and is automatically successful under that condition, maybe the whole thing could be activated at the END of a scene instead, without necessarily needing a roll at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingdom of One View Post
                          A small frustration - while discussing Divine Paramour Embrace in the Lunar preview, it came up that you need specifically to persuade "to seduce" a target, and that Seduction has a fairly explicitly sexual sidebar on page 222 in the Exalted Core alongside the Red Rule; the idea of persuading-to-seduce is also present in Charms text with explicit sexual contexts. If the Charm is meant to encompass non-sexual scenarios such as leaning together watching a sunrise or decorating someone's hair with prayer-strips for safety in battle, is there any chance the language could be changed to be a little more neutral, to avoid confusion? Or even to support non-physical intimacy without the upgrade so long as it still takes a scene - the Lunar a prisoner (probably of her own temporary choice), for instance, whispering across the aisle to a fellow inmate to steel their resolve.

The timing came up too, that you need to activate the Charm prior to the scene and maybe couldn't use it spontaneously. Since the initial roll needs to be unresisted and is automatically successful under that condition, maybe the whole thing could be activated at the END of a scene instead, without necessarily needing a roll at all?
                          While it's deliberate that seduction is involved — it is, after all, the Divine Paramour Embrace — the wording's being tweaked some, and I've written a sidebar discussing what "physical intimacy" means, exactly.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can Selfsame Master Instruction be used to teach Solar Charms to non-Solars? It’s rather vaguely written, my rough assumption is that it’s martial arts, Sorcery, and boosting other PCs, but a good chunk of my playgroup disagrees and thinks it can teach any Charm the Solars know to anyone he wants.

Comment

• I suppose the question is really "Does 'so long as the character qualifies for that spell or Charm.' include being the right sort of being?"

I've always assumed it did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                                I suppose the question is really "Does 'so long as the character qualifies for that spell or Charm.' include being the right sort of being?"

I've always assumed it did.
                                That's correct; being a Solar is as much a prerequisite for learning Solar Charms as the Ability and Essence minimums.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X