Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the three optional Exalts have any investment in the whole Usurpation/Realm vs Silver Pact conflict? For example, even Getimians are at least largely poised to antagonize Sidereals.

I’v been thinking about putting together a DB game on the Caul and was curious how I might bring in new Exalts as more than just a one-scene wonder.

Comment

• Question got lost in the shuffle. Does Searing Edge Attack in fire dragon have any effect on legendary size and crashing? E.G. I get 7 post soak dice (below the 10 minimum normally), roll 4 successes, drop the thing to 1, does the essence bonus initiative damage crash it? Does this damage also strip magnitude from battle groups? Thanks.

Comment

• Could I inquire about the changes to Breath-Seizing Technique in the latest version? I get that the previous version was very confusing to use, but this new one seems way too weak. Even in the best case scenario, that being crashing an opponent, you only gain 3 damage dice since you pay 2i as part of the cost. But crashing anyone with this effect is extremely unlikely. Air Dragon Style can only use unarmed attacks and chakrams, so the best Overwhelming you can get is 3 with an artifact chakram. If used against an opponent at base initiative this has a less than 15% chance of crashing them. If you don't have an artifact or want to combine Air Dragon Style with any other martial art at all then you're stuck with an Overwhelming of 1 which has a 60% chance of failure even against an opponent at initiative 1.
        Am I failing to see something here? Just how are you supposed to use this charm?

Comment

• I know it was said that yozis cant use exigence, but can a corrupt god working for them steal a shard of exigence and use their power to create an exalt based on their power?

Comment

• With the hypothetical Storyteller Guide that might be in the works, might we see some of the newer changed things in the writeups? Like, the old KS preview of the Infernals is almost completely incorrect now with how they'll be run moving forward, and we've had previews of some of the new caste names (Azimuth, Nadir, Penumbra). That and especially Getimians which we can't really extrapolate out from older content is stuff I know my group would really like to see more of, even if their books are a ways off by necessity.

Comment

• Originally posted by OpMegs View Post
              With the hypothetical Storyteller Guide that might be in the works, might we see some of the newer changed things in the writeups? Like, the old KS preview of the Infernals is almost completely incorrect now with how they'll be run moving forward, and we've had previews of some of the new caste names (Azimuth, Nadir, Penumbra). That and especially Getimians which we can't really extrapolate out from older content is stuff I know my group would really like to see more of, even if their books are a ways off by necessity.
              The plan for the Storyteller's Guide is to include prestige spreads and QC writeups for Infernals, Getimians, and Alchemicals.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Daeth View Post
                I know it was said that yozis cant use exigence, but can a corrupt god working for them steal a shard of exigence and use their power to create an exalt based on their power?
                A god twisted and empowered by the Yozi could create an Exigent, but it'd be an Exigent of that god rather than the Yozi.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                  Question got lost in the shuffle. Does Searing Edge Attack in fire dragon have any effect on legendary size and crashing? E.G. I get 7 post soak dice (below the 10 minimum normally), roll 4 successes, drop the thing to 1, does the essence bonus initiative damage crash it?
                  It doesn't count towards your post-soak damage dice.

Does this damage also strip magnitude from battle groups? Thanks.
                  Yeah, that makes the most sense.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by reseru View Post
                    Do the three optional Exalts have any investment in the whole Usurpation/Realm vs Silver Pact conflict? For example, even Getimians are at least largely poised to antagonize Sidereals.

I’v been thinking about putting together a DB game on the Caul and was curious how I might bring in new Exalts as more than just a one-scene wonder.
                    Individuals might.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      The plan for the Storyteller's Guide is to include prestige spreads and QC writeups for Infernals, Getimians, and Alchemicals.
                      Some QC writeups would be useful. Can I ask when the Storyteller's Guide is scheduled? After Across the Eight Directions?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        It doesn't count towards your post-soak damage dice.
                        I figured, but always good to check. Similar vein, I'm getting into a game where I have a tiny Solar who has the sole job of choke-slamming Krakens. (they have more jobs but that's their big focus) Does the part of thunderclap rush attack where you strip initiative bypass the damage restriction? or do they stay uncrashed and the solar just gets some extra initiative to beat on them with?
                        Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        Yeah, that makes the most sense.
                        Same question but does the charm damage battle groups the same way? I figure no but never hurts to ask.

Also Ox Stunning blow only lets a target soak with stamina, if the solar also uses Fist of Iron and say they ignore 5 soak. If the target has stamina 5 or less do they just not get soak then? (and since QC creatures don't have a listed stamina, does Ox Stunning Blow just not work on them or should the ST reasonably assign a stamina based on the creature in question?)

finally the caveat of the damage to -1s to dice pools til onslaught wears off, does that factor in Falling Hammer Strike?
                        E.G.
                        Butch Deadlift hits Dragon Dave for 8 withering and rolls 4 successes thus hitting Dave with a -2 dice penalty from ox stunning blow. Butch also used falling hammer strike to keep the onslaught he inflicted next round
                        Round ends and Dave's turn comes back up and he\ refreshes to normal lets say 5, but at 4 against Butch for falling hammer. Does the -2 dice penalty stay until he sheds that? Or does Dave ignore the falling hammer.

Thanks gain. Also Happy New Year! (should have led with that)

Comment

• A previous post said that the KS stuff about infernals is now outdated. I dont remember/find anything new about infernals that may invaledate it, what is he talking about?

Comment

• So for Ascendant Battle Visage + Fire-Eating Fists, ABV says it lets you use FEF to store damage from any attack you clash, rather than just energy attacks. Now normaly when used against an energy attack FEF also stores an attack bonus the same size as the damage bonus (equal to the attackers Essence), is this supposed to mean that when used with ABV against a non-energy attack, it works differently and only stores damage?

Edit: Another question on all the 'Fist' charms, do they actually require you to use your hands or can you kick someone with Adamantine Fists of Battle or Fists of Iron Technique?
                            Last edited by limaxophobiac; 01-02-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Also after searching for ways dump anima for Supremacy of War Meditation, I notice what seems to be a pretty broken combo with the Luminous Soul Warden evocation of Brilliant Sentinel, which lets you reflexively vent and restore your anima from dim to iconic. Am I misreading something or is the no-shenanigans rule the only thing standing between me never-ending 3-mote full brawl excellencies?
                              Last edited by limaxophobiac; 01-01-2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Some QC writeups would be useful. Can I ask when the Storyteller's Guide is scheduled? After Across the Eight Directions?
                                It'll definitely come after Across the Eight Directions, which is already in first drafts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X