This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
    Does the part of thunderclap rush attack where you strip initiative bypass the damage restriction?
    It (and anything else that isn't a withering attack but still subtracts Initiative) bypasses the protection of Legendary Size.

Same question but does the charm damage battle groups the same way? I figure no but never hurts to ask.
    Yeah, that makes sense. The only reason I don't just universally say "any Initiative loss inflicted on battle groups is converted to Magnitude loss" is that there's a handful of things that I personally don't think it makes sense for, like certain Dodge Charms, although individual Storytellers should feel free to disagree.

Also Ox Stunning blow only lets a target soak with stamina, if the solar also uses Fist of Iron and say they ignore 5 soak. If the target has stamina 5 or less do they just not get soak then?
    Yup. Sucks to be them.

(and since QC creatures don't have a listed stamina, does Ox Stunning Blow just not work on them or should the ST reasonably assign a stamina based on the creature in question?)
    The Storyteller should pick a reasonable Stamina rating between 1 and 5.

finally the caveat of the damage to -1s to dice pools til onslaught wears off, does that factor in Falling Hammer Strike?
    I think the intent is yes, that they combo the way you'd want them to.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
      A previous post said that the KS stuff about infernals is now outdated. I dont remember/find anything new about infernals that may invaledate it, what is he talking about?
      You'll see in the Storyteller's Guide!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
        So for Ascendant Battle Visage + Fire-Eating Fists, ABV says it lets you use FEF to store damage from any attack you clash, rather than just energy attacks. Now normaly when used against an energy attack FEF also stores an attack bonus the same size as the damage bonus (equal to the attackers Essence), is this supposed to mean that when used with ABV against a non-energy attack, it works differently and only stores damage?
        I'm not sure that Ascendant Battle Visage's intent was to create that distinction - it may have just been using "store damage" as shorthand for "do the normal thing that Fire-Eating Fist does."

Edit: Another question on all the 'Fist' charms, do they actually require you to use your hands or can you kick someone with Adamantine Fists of Battle or Fists of Iron Technique?
        Kicks are fine.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
          Also after searching for ways dump anima for Supremacy of War Meditation, I notice what seems to be a pretty broken combo with the Luminous Soul Warden evocation of Brilliant Sentinel, which lets you reflexively vent and restore your anima from dim to iconic. Am I misreading something or is the no-shenanigans rule the only thing standing between me never-ending 3-mote full brawl excellencies?
          As written, yeah, it works the way you think it does.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will lunars have a merit that changes their legs and makes them inherently faster than normal?
            Like giving them the feet of a cheetah or something

Comment

• Do Seven Shadow Evasion, Rumor of Form, and Vaporous Division function against Undodgable Attacks?

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                Will lunars have a merit that changes their legs and makes them inherently faster than normal?
                Like giving them the feet of a cheetah or something
                There's plenty of mutations to use in building your hybrid form.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                  Do Seven Shadow Evasion, Rumor of Form, and Vaporous Division function against Undodgable Attacks?
                  Seven Shadow Evasion, yes. Rumor of Form and Vaporous Division, I'm iffy on—while they don't explicitly specify that you have to have asserted your Evasion against the attack, I suspect that was the intent.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Hopping Firecracker Evasion lets you move when an attack against you fails by 2 or more.

Does this let you move away from an enemy at close range, without the need for a disengage action/roll? If so, can we assume this applies to similar charms?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Seven Shadow Evasion, yes. Rumor of Form and Vaporous Division, I'm iffy on—while they don't explicitly specify that you have to have asserted your Evasion against the attack, I suspect that was the intent.
                      Does the current lack of a Solar Dodge Charm that negates undogeable without using SSE impact your feeling on intention? Charms like Rumor of Form and Vaporous Division, if taken as written, are the only other way to help mitigate undodgeable attacks for Dodge Solars while SSE is recharging (if they can even get it to recharge that scene).

Comment

• Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
                        Hopping Firecracker Evasion lets you move when an attack against you fails by 2 or more.

Does this let you move away from an enemy at close range, without the need for a disengage action/roll? If so, can we assume this applies to similar charms?
                        Yes. The need to disengage only applies to the standard "reflexive movement" action you can take on your turn, not reflexive movement created by Charms like Hopping Firecracker Evasion or Leaping Dodge Method.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

Does the current lack of a Solar Dodge Charm that negates undogeable without using SSE impact your feeling on intention? Charms like Rumor of Form and Vaporous Division, if taken as written, are the only other way to help mitigate undodgeable attacks for Dodge Solars while SSE is recharging (if they can even get it to recharge that scene).
                          No. I'm just trying to interpret the language of the Charms in the way that I think makes the most sense and best fits the original intention so that people have a reference point to go off of.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How infallible is the Infallible Messenger? Could a Dragon-Blooded sorcerer use it as a Lunar check by casting it in a soundproofed room (in order to circumvent eavesdropping via supernatural senses) and then asking the suspected Lunar what the contents of the message were (because the messenger only talks to its intended target, which the Lunar isn't)? What if the original target is dead?

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
                            Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

• What, exactly, is the mechanical benefit of Unsurpassed Sight Discipline? Besides "Ignore a -3 penalty for zero light conditions" and "Mote discount (That the other Unsurpassed (Sense) Disciplines also get)", the rest seems to be prose. If there is nothing beyond that, what do you think would be a good ruling for some manner of mechanics that brings it up to par with the other Unsurpassed (Sense) Disciplines?

Comment

• Any chance that out of the many beasties in Fangs, the good ole monkey will be one?

Comment

Working...
                                X