Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presumably a lot of dynasts would feel some connection to their Father's house, right? It feels like that might be part of the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
      Sorry, I probably shouldn't be answering questions before lunchtime.
      What's for lunch today?

Comment

• If the belief that leftover children have a weaker bloodline is baseless, then what are they basing it on?

And if it's not baseless, then how does it work? Does a leftover child that remains mortal have barely any progenitive Essence, but it starts growing to their bloodline's full potential if they Exalt? Does the progenitive Essence they inherit only affect personal chance of Exaltation, but the mortal's bloodline is as good as if they inherited a full share of Essence?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• We have reopened discussion of progenitive Essence backstage to see whether and what further changes may need to take place during errata. We won't be in a position to provide answers on the topic in the interim.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
            We have reopened discussion of progenitive Essence backstage to see whether and what further changes may need to take place during errata. We won't be in a position to provide answers on the topic in the interim.
            Thank you for providing this information.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• I understand why whips were classified as Light weapons, because they are lightweight.

However, considering how awkward they are to use and how much damage they can inflict when striking at their optimal range, would it make more sense to model them as Heavy?

Similarly for weighted chain weapons.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• I'll post this again since I think it may have been missed (and I came up with yet another couple of questions ...).

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                You can't exempt allied creatures of darkness.
                To be clear, the damage dice affects all creatures of darkness in range, but the effects of Paralyzing Combustion Imbuement only get applied to enemy creatures of darkness, as the text indicates? I just want to make sure there wasn't an error there.

If all references to "enemies" in the Charm's effect should be read as "all creatures of darkness, enemy or ally or neutral", does a character get to choose not to attack some of her potential targets or do they attack everything indiscriminately?

If a Zenith were to incapacitate a creature of darkness with Lone Spark Lights the Conflagration and then use their anima power that lets them not reset their initiative after the hit, would they be allowed to use the Mastery effect or is the resetting to base Initiative part of the necessary activation conditions for that effect? I suppose this question would also apply to any other hypothetical Initiative-resetting-prevention-after-decisive-attack effects there might be in the future.

Also, after resetting to base Initiative after LSLtC's series of decisive attacks, do you receive 1 extra base Initiative per decisive attack hit from Golden Janissary Form, or 1 base Initiative total?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mynorin View Post
                  To be clear, the damage dice affects all creatures of darkness in range, but the effects of Paralyzing Combustion Imbuement only get applied to enemy creatures of darkness, as the text indicates? I just want to make sure there wasn't an error there.

If all references to "enemies" in the Charm's effect should be read as "all creatures of darkness, enemy or ally or neutral", does a character get to choose not to attack some of her potential targets or do they attack everything indiscriminately?
                  The Paralyzing Combustion Imbuement should apply indiscriminately; I'll tweak that in the errata implementation. You aren't forced to attack allies, though.

If a Zenith were to incapacitate a creature of darkness with Lone Spark Lights the Conflagration and then use their anima power that lets them not reset their initiative after the hit, would they be allowed to use the Mastery effect or is the resetting to base Initiative part of the necessary activation conditions for that effect? I suppose this question would also apply to any other hypothetical Initiative-resetting-prevention-after-decisive-attack effects there might be in the future.
                  You can still use it; that language is just to clarify how the sequence plays out normally.

Also, after resetting to base Initiative after LSLtC's series of decisive attacks, do you receive 1 extra base Initiative per decisive attack hit from Golden Janissary Form, or 1 base Initiative total?
                  Just one total.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    I understand why whips were classified as Light weapons, because they are lightweight.

However, considering how awkward they are to use and how much damage they can inflict when striking at their optimal range, would it make more sense to model them as Heavy?

Similarly for weighted chain weapons.
                    I have a hard time seeing them as heavy weapons.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Speaking of whips, have either of you watched Netflix's run of Castlevania? I'm wondering whether to get into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        Speaking of whips, have either of you watched Netflix's run of Castlevania? I'm wondering whether to get into it.
                        I enjoyed it, but it's also very distinctly written by Warren Ellis, if you're not a fan of him.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I'm curious about the interaction between groups that have distinctive Shogunate-descended identities. Has House Tepet and the gentes of Lookshy for example ever had any historical relationships based on respect or enmity between them, beyond that which would be normal for any other Dragon-Blooded factions?

Comment

• Is it possible that Cthonic Survival for a caste other than midnight is a possibility?
                            It's fine if you can't answer. Just curious

Comment

• Wavecleaver Daiklaives didn't make the jump to 3E unlike some of the other daiklaive variants. How would you think one should be statted?

(My personal thought is a taking the short daiklaive and swapping Balanced for Chopping.)

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                                Is it possible that Cthonic Survival for a caste other than midnight is a possibility?
                                It's fine if you can't answer. Just curious
                                Right now, the plan is that Abyssal and Infernal Caste Ability spreads won't be identical to those of their Solar counterparts'.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X