X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Dragon-Blooded potentially learn a Charm (Maybe Occult) to learn Eclipse Charms, or are they (at least as intended) locked off from them barring things like a God-Blooded heritage? If it was possible, what Essence prerequisite could make sense for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
      Wavecleaver Daiklaives didn't make the jump to 3E unlike some of the other daiklaive variants. How would you think one should be statted?

(My personal thought is a taking the short daiklaive and swapping Balanced for Chopping.)
      I'd probably just use the same stats as reaver daiklaves.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
        Could Dragon-Blooded potentially learn a Charm (Maybe Occult) to learn Eclipse Charms, or are they (at least as intended) locked off from them barring things like a God-Blooded heritage? If it was possible, what Essence prerequisite could make sense for it?
        I don't think universal access to Eclipse Charms is a thing Dragon-Blooded can get.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If a Twilight (or, presumably, Daybreak) binds a spirit familiar, and then that spirit familiar dies, how long does it take them to reform? Do they have to perform any particular rituals?

But sexually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ellis View Post
            If a Twilight (or, presumably, Daybreak) binds a spirit familiar, and then that spirit familiar dies, how long does it take them to reform? Do they have to perform any particular rituals?
            Spirit familiars reform along the lines as usual for that type of spirit. If I'm a Storyteller and a player wants to do some cool rituals to help that process along, I'd definitely want to give them some kind of incentive for that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What are you most excited to talk about that you haven't had a chance to talk about yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                What are you most excited to talk about that you haven't had a chance to talk about yet?
                Today, I'll say it's my plans for updating Sidereal Charm mechanics.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Today, I'll say it's my plans for updating Sidereal Charm mechanics.
                  So me taking a mile. Do you have some thoughts on astrology?
                  I always found it odd that you couldnt do the secret blessing for your illegitimate son as described in the book because you need to have the papers signed by a god. And the sidebar about keeping things simple made me cry, because a convoluted plan was what the chosen of secrets are supposed to do but the system didnt support that.

Comment

• What’s the least enjoyable part of your job as a developer not related to the fandom?

Craft rewrite.
                    Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

• Do you intend on changing the previously-canon notion that becoming an Abyssal is inherently damning? I could care less, save that it gets a little annoying to hear certain folks argue that Abyssals are such wretched people for willingly agreeing to end the world, even if they only hold that willingness for a single moment, et cetera.

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post

So me taking a mile. Do you have some thoughts on astrology?
                        I always found it odd that you couldnt do the secret blessing for your illegitimate son as described in the book because you need to have the papers signed by a god. And the sidebar about keeping things simple made me cry, because a convoluted plan was what the chosen of secrets are supposed to do but the system didnt support that.
                        I'm thinking it'll be done a little differently this time.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post
                          What’s the least enjoyable part of your job as a developer not related to the fandom?
                          Realizing I haven't done something I needed to do. x_x

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                            Do you intend on changing the previously-canon notion that becoming an Abyssal is inherently damning? I could care less, save that it gets a little annoying to hear certain folks argue that Abyssals are such wretched people for willingly agreeing to end the world, even if they only hold that willingness for a single moment, et cetera.
                            I personally have trouble grasping the concept of "inherent damnation." What's it even mean?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I think the bit where, in 2nd ed, to be an Abyssal you had to honestly go "Yes, I am willing to destroy the world." It couldn't be like "I take your deal Mask of Winters, so I can get revenge on my murderer (but I won't help him destroy the world)" and then the Mask manouevres you into helping his greater plot, or "I will slay those who desecrate the corpses of my ancestors" or "I'll be a bridge between the living and the dead". You had to actually, willingly, be up for destroying the world, even if just for a couple of really angry minutes.

My characters:
                              Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                              Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• I thought it was more "Do you want to live?"

Comment

Working...
                                X