This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    I think the bit where, in 2nd ed, to be an Abyssal you had to honestly go "Yes, I am willing to destroy the world." It couldn't be like "I take your deal Mask of Winters, so I can get revenge on my murderer (but I won't help him destroy the world)" and then the Mask manouevres you into helping his greater plot, or "I will slay those who desecrate the corpses of my ancestors" or "I'll be a bridge between the living and the dead". You had to actually, willingly, be up for destroying the world, even if just for a couple of really angry minutes.
    And that damns you forever? What even is damnation, etc. etc.

At the end of the day, I think Exalted's treatment of morality shouldn't be less nuanced than that of The Good Place.
    Last edited by Robert Vance; 01-11-2019, 12:30 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So... looking at the Monday Meeting Notes, it seems that the Lunars Kickstarter is getting ever closer.
      Is there something you look forward to showing to the community most of all?

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
        So... looking at the Monday Meeting Notes, it seems that the Lunars Kickstarter is getting ever closer.
        Is there something you look forward to showing to the community most of all?
        It's a whole package sort of deal.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do the Lunars currently have riddle themed charms, or should I set money aside for the custom charm reward tier?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Insert sid symbols here
            Last edited by GenericMaleNPC01; 01-11-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              Do the Lunars currently have riddle themed charms, or should I set money aside for the custom charm reward tier?
              Nothing specifically riddle-themed.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

At the end of the day, I think Exalted's treatment of morality shouldn't be less nuanced than that of The Good Place.
                Hey, man, that's great. Thanks.

Comment

• How is Lunars going? Proceeding apace or are you concentrating on DB corrections now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

I assume you mean the morality operating in-universe, not the show’s statement on morality?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                      How is Lunars going? Proceeding apace or are you concentrating on DB corrections now?
                      Right now I'm focused on getting the revised Dragon-Blooded files back to the layout team, because that's pretty quick work (and I imagine folks don't want to be waiting very long on it). This weekend, back to Lunars dev.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                        How is Lunars going? Proceeding apace or are you concentrating on DB corrections now?
                        I'm focused on redlining Across the Eight Directions while Vance is revising Dragon-Blooded. Once DBs are off the table, we'll trade off Eight Directions and Lunars material.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• DBs and Solars, for instance, are more "social" with Circles and Hearths. Liminals aren't really into being together. What about the three auxiliary Exalted types?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                            DBs and Solars, for instance, are more "social" with Circles and Hearths. Liminals aren't really into being together. What about the three auxiliary Exalted types?
                            Like Exigents (and Liminals, for that matter), they're more likely to slot into mixed Circles if they show up as PCs.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• The 3e corebook says "[t]hough they are death’s champions, the Abyssals yet live," which is how it was in previous editions. What Fire Has Wrought refers to Abyssals as "undead Exalted" (under Eternal Death-Banishing Blossom, p. 233). (There's also at least one other Charm that mentions "undead Exalted" without naming Abyssals specifically.)

Is this a deliberate change, i.e. are Abyssal Exalted actually undead now? Or should those Charm descriptions say something more like "Exalted who are creatures of death?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                                The 3e corebook says "[t]hough they are death’s champions, the Abyssals yet live," which is how it was in previous editions. What Fire Has Wrought refers to Abyssals as "undead Exalted" (under Eternal Death-Banishing Blossom, p. 233). (There's also at least one other Charm that mentions "undead Exalted" without naming Abyssals specifically.)

Is this a deliberate change, i.e. are Abyssal Exalted actually undead now? Or should those Charm descriptions say something more like "Exalted who are creatures of death?"
                                It's not a deliberate change — "undead" is nebulous enough of a concept in Exalted's cosmology that it's tricky to draw precise lines. The Abyssal Exalted haven't died yet, but they're suffused with the Essence of death itself. Saying "creature of death" over and over burns wordcount, and it isn't any more precise, so "undead Exalted" it is. That doesn't change any of the specifics of what playing an Abyssal will be like.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X