Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    It's not a deliberate change — "undead" is nebulous enough of a concept in Exalted's cosmology that it's tricky to draw precise lines. The Abyssal Exalted haven't died yet, but they're suffused with the Essence of death itself. Saying "creature of death" over and over burns wordcount, and it isn't any more precise, so "undead Exalted" it is. That doesn't change any of the specifics of what playing an Abyssal will be like.
    The Only Mostly Dead Exalted just doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

    Is the Solar-Lunar bond universal among Solars? I know it isn't for Lunars but is the reverse also true?

    Comment


    • So one of my players has decided to take a concept based on having an incredible amount of strength. The idea being that they could among other things lift and throw heavy objects at their opponents in combat.

      Is it alright for me to have them succeed at a feat of strength then let the player have a heavy throwing weapon ready or should this count as creating a hazard?

      And does that make sense as is or would this be better expressed as a custom charm.

      Comment


      • So if a Lunar sacred hunts a person who people worship (cult background) and the worshippers haven't learend of the death, does the lunar get their cult? or does the prayer not go to the lunar? Or is it a only while in that form deal?

        And this is more a fluff question. How knowledgeable are the thresholds of anathema? Like are there places where a lunar goes totem and the locals don't think "Oh its an Ogre" and instead go ".... welp better work with this new god"?

        Comment


        • Is it possible for a homunculus that is sufficiently human in design to somehow accidentally draw in a human soul and be therefore valid for exaltation?
          For a... character I'm thinking of making...


          .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            I am imagining a soldier running at full sprint to tackle an indigenous wild goat before it can reach the nearby stream, and receiving a hearty congratulations from his brothers-in-arms after he succeeds in scaring the long-bearded beast away. Later, they all die horribly of shitting themselves to death.
            Is this ever going to make it into the fiction?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
              Is it possible for a homunculus that is sufficiently human in design to somehow accidentally draw in a human soul and be therefore valid for exaltation?
              For a... character I'm thinking of making...
              Do you mean besides Alchemicals or Liminals?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Exthalion View Post

                Do you mean besides Alchemicals or Liminals?
                Those aren't really Homunculi. Those are human souls in weird exalted bodies. I'm talking creations of life in a human form but physically isn't human. There's one in adversaries i believe


                .

                Comment


                • Hmm, actually I have a question about that. Do the Liminals in fact have human souls? I don't recall seeing any indication of that, but I also seem to recall a statement that the exalted are all some form of human.

                  Addendum: It's been talked about that the Liminals require a connection to a mortal in order to maintain their mental or spiritual state. It occurs to me that *this* link might provide the human-aspect they require, and that without it the exaltation itself begins to corrupt and decay within them. Is that anywhere near the mark?
                  Last edited by Maltry; 01-12-2019, 02:26 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Peanut-007 View Post
                    Is the Solar-Lunar bond universal among Solars? I know it isn't for Lunars but is the reverse also true?
                    That's up to the Storyteller.


                    Developer for Exalted

                    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                    Robert Vance's Patreon

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                      So if a Lunar sacred hunts a person who people worship (cult background) and the worshippers haven't learend of the death, does the lunar get their cult? or does the prayer not go to the lunar? Or is it a only while in that form deal?
                      Just taking their shape probably isn't going to be enough; you'd need to then do something to get those people worshipping you, not just the abstract idea of that person. It's the same as if some rando killed that person and then disguised themself as him—the disguise itself wouldn't secure them the worship, they'd have to use it to impersonate him.

                      And this is more a fluff question. How knowledgeable are the thresholds of anathema? Like are there places where a lunar goes totem and the locals don't think "Oh its an Ogre" and instead go ".... welp better work with this new god"?
                      The Threshold's extremely large, so it's gonna be highly variable. The average person who sees someone that's clearly supernatural is going to assume it's a god.


                      Developer for Exalted

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Robert Vance's Patreon

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                        Is it possible for a homunculus that is sufficiently human in design to somehow accidentally draw in a human soul and be therefore valid for exaltation?
                        For a... character I'm thinking of making...
                        Those aren't really Homunculi. Those are human souls in weird exalted bodies. I'm talking creations of life in a human form but physically isn't human. There's one in adversaries i believe
                        Exalting requires you to be human, not just have a human soul jammed in you.


                        Developer for Exalted

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Robert Vance's Patreon

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Maltry View Post
                          Hmm, actually I have a question about that. Do the Liminals in fact have human souls? I don't recall seeing any indication of that, but I also seem to recall a statement that the exalted are all some form of human.
                          They're human, and I guess they have souls, so they have human souls.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

                            Exalting requires you to be human, not just have a human soul jammed in you.
                            Weren't the Spoken supposed to be non-human exalted? I got the impression that it's less that all exalted have to be human and more that all exaltations are configured to work with a specific species, and that's human for all the ones that are still around. Except perhaps liminals which require a human corpse.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Elfive View Post

                              Weren't the Spoken supposed to be non-human exalted? I got the impression that it's less that all exalted have to be human and more that all exaltations are configured to work with a specific species, and that's human for all the ones that are still around. Except perhaps liminals which require a human corpse.
                              The Spoken are a weirdo exception — they aren't human, and a human could never Exalt as one of the Spoken. But for all the classic Exalt types, Exigents, the other new types introduced this edition, and the optional canon Exalted, you gotta be human.


                              Developer for Exalted

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Robert Vance's Patreon

                              Comment


                              • You could use exigent rules to make a spoken-like non human exalt type though, right?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X