This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    While it's deliberate that seduction is involved — it is, after all, the Divine Paramour Embrace — the wording's being tweaked some, and I've written a sidebar discussing what "physical intimacy" means, exactly.
    Why couldn’t it just be a Simple or Reflexive Charm that triggers off the scene of physical intimacy? That’s clearly the important part of the Charm, as far as I can tell the only thing keying it off a persuade action accomplishes is not letting you use it if the Solar’s the one who asks to make out or a good old spontaneous make-out session happens (I seem to recall your saying at some point that it could be used to induce someone into not applying Resolve, but “I can not-Will-Bolstering Method you if you say yes” isn’t an offer/argument that you need not-Will-Bolstering Method to tell you you can make).

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Today, I'll say it's my plans for updating Sidereal Charm mechanics.
    Does “Please, do go on” count as a question?

Comment

• Question about Sparks Fly Together, an Evocation for Courante and Galliard from Arms of the Chosen.
      The Evocation has two Resonant effects, marked with Resonant (Orichalcum) and Resonant (Moonsilver).
      Do these resonant effects only apply if you are wielding the right weapon (so Orichalcum with Courante and Moonsilver for Galliard) or can you get both resonant effects if you qualify for both?

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
        Question about Sparks Fly Together, an Evocation for Courante and Galliard from Arms of the Chosen.
        The Evocation has two Resonant effects, marked with Resonant (Orichalcum) and Resonant (Moonsilver).
        Do these resonant effects only apply if you are wielding the right weapon (so Orichalcum with Courante and Moonsilver for Galliard) or can you get both resonant effects if you qualify for both?
        The former.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

We simply don't know. The Realm is in art direction now, after which it goes into layout and proofing. We're finishing up development on Lunars in preparation for the Kickstarter, but we don't know exactly when it'll show up in the Onyx Path Kickstarter schedule. So there are too many variables for us to know when either book will be released.
          That makes sense. Thanks.

My characters:
          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
          Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• If you use the various means in the game to create a new God, do they automatically gain a position in the Heavenly Bureaucracy? If not, is the lack of a position/portfolio likely to cause problems for said God?

Comment

• How difficult is it for a Lunar to turn someone into an animal/give them mutations? Is that something they can do at chargen if they grab the right charms or do they need higher essence? Is it a thing they can just do with a finger snap or does it take a bit of work?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                If you use the various means in the game to create a new God, do they automatically gain a position in the Heavenly Bureaucracy?
                Would it even be a bureaucracy if it worked efficiently and automatically? :P

If not, is the lack of a position/portfolio likely to cause problems for said God?
                Same as not having a job would for any other god.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                  How difficult is it for a Lunar to turn someone into an animal/give them mutations? Is that something they can do at chargen if they grab the right charms or do they need higher essence? Is it a thing they can just do with a finger snap or does it take a bit of work?
                  Turning people into animals isn't something you do effortlessly, and is a higher-Essence power.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Ephemeral Induction Technique allows for the creation of a spirit into the world. The Solar gets to have some control over what goes into this spirit via Occult charms and their surroundings, and can even make a fair folk spirit. But are there any limitations on what the Solar can make? Seems appropriate that they can't make a Demon as those are specifically descended from the spirits of the Yozis, but can the Solar make an Undead creature? Can they make a God or an Elemental? Or is it always a unique and unclassified "spirit"?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                      Ephemeral Induction Technique allows for the creation of a spirit into the world. The Solar gets to have some control over what goes into this spirit via Occult charms and their surroundings, and can even make a fair folk spirit. But are there any limitations on what the Solar can make? Seems appropriate that they can't make a Demon as those are specifically descended from the spirits of the Yozis, but can the Solar make an Undead creature? Can they make a God or an Elemental? Or is it always a unique and unclassified "spirit"?
                      The specifics of what labels you apply to the spirit aren't super important. You can definitely make elementals and gods. Making demons would be weird for the reason you point out, but maybe they can do it in a weird way. Making ghosts without any preceding alive person feels kind of nonsensical, but maybe you can make some other kind of undead spirit.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The specifics of what labels you apply to the spirit aren't super important. You can definitely make elementals and gods. Making demons would be weird for the reason you point out, but maybe they can do it in a weird way. Making ghosts without any preceding alive person feels kind of nonsensical, but maybe you can make some other kind of undead spirit.
                        Would you say a solar descended from a powerful demon might be justification enough for Ephemeral induction making a demon?

Comment

I suppose making a spirit from power cannibalized from Demons via Occult charms seems like a reasonably legit way to make new demons. And for undead, yeah i was thinking other weird spirits like nephwracks (though not that powerful necessarily). Anyways thanks for the reply!

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• If you have two spirit-tied pet familiars, do you have to (and can you?) re-purchase Saga Beast Virtue for the second one, and if so do you also have to re-purchase Hide-Hardening Practice and Life of the Aurochs for your second familiar first or can you go straight for Saga Beast Virtue?

Can you have both your familiars in Saga Beast Virtue form at once?

Comment

• I'm curious why of all charms Owl Clutches at the Night doesn't have the mute tag, especially since all of White Veil Style is mute save this and ​Tickling the Dragon’s Throat

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                                Would you say a solar descended from a powerful demon might be justification enough for Ephemeral induction making a demon?
                                What I say here matters a lot less than what the Storyteller says.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X