Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a Moonsilver Artifact Weapon that could increase in size so that it could be properly wielded by a Warstrider or Giant Lunar be an appropriate Evocation?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
      Would a Moonsilver Artifact Weapon that could increase in size so that it could be properly wielded by a Warstrider or Giant Lunar be an appropriate Evocation?
      Sure, but with the caveat that you wouldn't need one for the Lunar size-shifting Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Have you considered how you might handle Crimson Banner Executioner's armor in this edition? Or do you intend to wait for Sidereals?

Comment

• If exalted are the only ones that can really 'use' a martial art style, in the sense of getting charms, then how are the techniques known about? Can mortals pull off any of the effects? Or are there enough dragon-blooded practitioners for the styles 'true nature' to be known?

Semi-related topic, will there be new Sidereal martial arts?

Comment

• After watching Extra Credits' episode on names and worldbuilding I got to thinking that most of the sobriquets used in Exalted are fairly self explanatory, but there are some I suppose I don't have the cultural context to parse. Jurgen being called 'The Bull of the North' is obvious. He's from the north and has bull-like qualities. What's the significance of Tepet Ejava being called 'Roseblack'?

Comment

• Does Leaping Tiger Attack allow you to flash across gaps or uneven levels in the terrain to strike your opponent, Shadow of Mordor/War style? If not, would it be kosher to create an Evocation that permits this sort of stunt?

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• The previous edition made a point of stating that Icemind identifies as female, but Ledaal Kes and Ragara Szaya both were stated to refer to Icemind as "it" as their way of denying personhood to Icemind.

​(The books themselves also did this.)

Can we safely assume this bit is getting dropped in this edition?
                Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 01-17-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post
                  After watching Extra Credits' episode on names and worldbuilding I got to thinking that most of the sobriquets used in Exalted are fairly self explanatory, but there are some I suppose I don't have the cultural context to parse. Jurgen being called 'The Bull of the North' is obvious. He's from the north and has bull-like qualities. What's the significance of Tepet Ejava being called 'Roseblack'?
                  It's a nickname bestowed by her primary school classmates for inadvertently killing the dominie's rosebushes with her anima flux. (Out-of-setting, I'm guessing that the creative team came up with the sobriquet first, then found a justification for the sobriquet afterwards.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    The previous edition made a point of stating that Icemind identifies as female, but Ledaal Kes and Ragara Szaya both were stated to refer to Icemind as "it" as their way of denying personhood to Icemind.

​(The books themselves also did this.)

Can we safely assume this bit is getting dropped in this edition?
                    I don't think it's likely to come up in the text one way or the other.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• So the optional exalts don't have castes but do they have caste marks or some analogous forehead glowy symbol? If so can you share what they look like?

Comment

• Related to the above comment regarding Ice-Mind, do you find it difficult to adapt older content that has aged poorly for 3E? I expect there’s a fine line between faithfully representing a diverse and complicated world on the edge of ruin, and diving into the murk of edginess for the sake of shock-value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                          Related to the above comment regarding Ice-Mind, do you find it difficult to adapt older content that has aged poorly for 3E? I expect there’s a fine line between faithfully representing a diverse and complicated world on the edge of ruin, and diving into the murk of edginess for the sake of shock-value.
                          It's something that takes care and thought, and there are some things that are just best left in the past.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkuwa View Post
                            So the optional exalts don't have castes but do they have caste marks or some analogous forehead glowy symbol? If so can you share what they look like?
                            Too early to get into that kind of detail.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post
                              Does Leaping Tiger Attack allow you to flash across gaps or uneven levels in the terrain to strike your opponent, Shadow of Mordor/War style?
                              I don't think it's intended to enable movement you wouldn't normally be able to take.

If not, would it be kosher to create an Evocation that permits this sort of stunt?
                              Sure, although I wouldn't make that the sole benefit of the Evocation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabirius View Post
                                If exalted are the only ones that can really 'use' a martial art style, in the sense of getting charms, then how are the techniques known about? Can mortals pull off any of the effects? Or are there enough dragon-blooded practitioners for the styles 'true nature' to be known?
                                It's a mistake to equate "using Martial Arts Charms" with "using Martial Arts." A mortal is never going to be able to use a Snake style Charm, but her mastery of Snake style is still going to be made up of all the techniques and maneuvers that make up the style.

Semi-related topic, will there be new Sidereal martial arts?
                                Yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X