This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
    Stone Fist Strike specifies “unarmed” attacks, when other brawl charms don’t seem to, does this imply attacks without brawl weapons? In other words is it designed to augment only truely barehanded attacks, or can it be used with smash fists?
    It means unarmed. Smashfists and such aren't unarmed.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      It means unarmed. Smashfists and such aren't unarmed.
      Thanks!

/10chars

Comment

• So what are we getting, exactly, in Heirs to the Shogunate? I don't remember how much we did/didn't unlock, and if in development it's grown or changed in any way.

Comment

• Do you think if the Lunar Kickstarter does well enough, y'all might be able to grace 3e Lunars with the Caste Books 1e never gave them?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            Do you think if the Lunar Kickstarter does well enough, y'all might be able to grace 3e Lunars with the Caste Books 1e never gave them?
            We don't currently have any plans for that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
              So what are we getting, exactly, in Heirs to the Shogunate? I don't remember how much we did/didn't unlock, and if in development it's grown or changed in any way.
              The stretch goals achieved were:
              • CHARMS EXPANSION - new Charms
              • LOOKSHY EXPANSION - Additional setting detail and mechanics for Lookshy, including stats and Evocations for their fabled gunzosha armor
              • LOOKSHY EXPANSION #2 - Additional setting detail and mechanics for Lookshy, elaborating on military forces and redoubts
              • LOOKSHY EXPANSION #3 - A section on the gentes and individual Lookshyans of note
              • FOREST WITCHES EXPANSION– Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Forest Witches, including mechanics for the dead of Atsiluth Eternal
              • FOREST WITCHES EXPANSION #2– Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Forest Witches, including stats for numina of the mists
              • FOREST WITCHES EXPANSION #3 - Forest Witch factions such as the Company of Thrones and the Table of Fiends, and individual Forest Witches of note
              • OUTCASTE EXPANSION - Additional setting detail and mechanics for outcaste groups
              • OUTCASTE EXPANSION #2- Additional setting detail and mechanics for more outcaste groups
              • OUTCASTES EXPANSION #3 - more outcaste groups and individual outcastes of note
              • CADET HOUSE EXPANSION – Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Scarlet Dynasty’s cadet houses
              • CADET HOUSE EXPANSION #2 - additional cadet houses and noteworthy cadet house members
              • PRASAD EXPANSION – Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Empire of Prasad
              • PRASAD EXPANSION #2 - the Dragon Clans and noteworthy Prasadi characters
              • REALM EXPANSION #1: War in the West – A section dealing with the impending war between House Peleps and House V’neef
              • REALM EXPANSION #2: Secondary Schools - materials to run games set in the secondary schools
              • REALM EXPANSION #3: Realm Civil War - a section discussing the run-up to open war between the Great Houses of the Realm
              • REALM EXPANSION #4: War in the West Part 2 - noteworthy factions and characters involved in the War in the West
              • QC EXPANSION #1 – Quick Character write-ups for Tepet Arada, Ragara, Karal Linwei, Peleps Deled, and V’neef
              • QC EXPANSION #2 - Quick Character write-ups for Sesus Eshuvar, Kingfisher Swift, Left Hand Chalima, Righteous River, and Yushoto Mathar
              • CHAPTER FICTION - a short fiction piece illuminating the world of the Dragon-Blooded will be added to the beginning of each chapter
              • PLAYER HANDOUTS - 2-page player handouts for the five Dragon-Blooded background options (The Realm, Lookshy, Prasad, the Forest Witches, and Outcastes)
              • ART UPGRADE - interior illustrations for the Dragon-Blooded Companion will be upgraded to full-color
              In addition, it'll include material added through special backer reward tiers, including custom Charms, custom heirloom artifacts, and Quick Character write-ups for canonical characters selected by backers.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The stretch goals achieved were...
                So I have a question. How much of this is actually written up before the kickstarter? Which to clarify I assume since half of writing is editing that there was a lot of stuff left over that couldn't be fit into the core DB book. I heard that a lot of the monsters and antagonists being published online now were originally supposed to be in the core book. Which I think is great actually so creative work isn't wasted. I am just a little interested in taking a little sneak peak back stage so to speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
                  So I have a question. How much of this is actually written up before the kickstarter?
                  None. We didn't overwrite for What Fire Has Wrought; everything in Heirs to the Shogunate is new material.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• If I’m a solar martial arts supernal, could I learn SMAs at chargen?

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
                    Many Limbed Manual
                    Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                    San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
                    My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                      If I’m a solar martial arts supernal, could I learn SMAs at chargen?
                      While we haven't finalized the details of it, my current thinking is no. It spares Sidereal and Getimian players in mixed circles the feel-bad of someone else getting to use their signature thing before they do, and it gives us some room to pack more power into SMA, a la sorcery.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

We don't currently have any plans for that.
                        Do you guys like the Castebook format from 1e? Are short books like that still economical, so that you could do them if you wanted to do so, without them necessarily having to be KS stretch goals?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Do you guys like the Castebook format from 1e? Are short books like that still economical, so that you could do them if you wanted to do so, without them necessarily having to be KS stretch goals?
                          I don't know the exact wordcount of the Caste Books, so I can't compare them to the stuff we've got planned.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

While we haven't finalized the details of it, my current thinking is no. It spares Sidereal and Getimian players in mixed circles the feel-bad of someone else getting to use their signature thing before they do, and it gives us some room to pack more power into SMA, a la sorcery.
                            Makes sense. So Sidereal’s and getmetians will gain them later on as well? I’ve been reading the fluff on some and was wondering when I might -gestures at the Charcoal Spider- do that

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
                            Many Limbed Manual
                            Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
                            My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Erm... if that's already been decided, how is Heirs of the Shogunate structured chapter wise? It's been something I wondered about since the Kickstarter hit the chapter fiction goal: I figure it's not 'one chapter per expansion', but where are the divisions gonna be?

Comment

The stretch goals achieved were:
                                • CHARMS EXPANSION - new Charms
                                • LOOKSHY EXPANSION - Additional setting detail and mechanics for Lookshy, including stats and Evocations for their fabled gunzosha armor
                                • LOOKSHY EXPANSION #2 - Additional setting detail and mechanics for Lookshy, elaborating on military forces and redoubts
                                • LOOKSHY EXPANSION #3 - A section on the gentes and individual Lookshyans of note
                                • FOREST WITCHES EXPANSION– Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Forest Witches, including mechanics for the dead of Atsiluth Eternal
                                • FOREST WITCHES EXPANSION #2– Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Forest Witches, including stats for numina of the mists
                                • FOREST WITCHES EXPANSION #3 - Forest Witch factions such as the Company of Thrones and the Table of Fiends, and individual Forest Witches of note
                                • OUTCASTE EXPANSION - Additional setting detail and mechanics for outcaste groups
                                • OUTCASTE EXPANSION #2- Additional setting detail and mechanics for more outcaste groups
                                • OUTCASTES EXPANSION #3 - more outcaste groups and individual outcastes of note
                                • CADET HOUSE EXPANSION – Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Scarlet Dynasty’s cadet houses
                                • CADET HOUSE EXPANSION #2 - additional cadet houses and noteworthy cadet house members
                                • PRASAD EXPANSION – Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Empire of Prasad
                                • PRASAD EXPANSION #2 - the Dragon Clans and noteworthy Prasadi characters
                                • REALM EXPANSION #1: War in the West – A section dealing with the impending war between House Peleps and House V’neef
                                • REALM EXPANSION #2: Secondary Schools - materials to run games set in the secondary schools
                                • REALM EXPANSION #3: Realm Civil War - a section discussing the run-up to open war between the Great Houses of the Realm
                                • REALM EXPANSION #4: War in the West Part 2 - noteworthy factions and characters involved in the War in the West
                                • QC EXPANSION #1 – Quick Character write-ups for Tepet Arada, Ragara, Karal Linwei, Peleps Deled, and V’neef
                                • QC EXPANSION #2 - Quick Character write-ups for Sesus Eshuvar, Kingfisher Swift, Left Hand Chalima, Righteous River, and Yushoto Mathar
                                • CHAPTER FICTION - a short fiction piece illuminating the world of the Dragon-Blooded will be added to the beginning of each chapter
                                • PLAYER HANDOUTS - 2-page player handouts for the five Dragon-Blooded background options (The Realm, Lookshy, Prasad, the Forest Witches, and Outcastes)
                                • ART UPGRADE - interior illustrations for the Dragon-Blooded Companion will be upgraded to full-color
                                In addition, it'll include material added through special backer reward tiers, including custom Charms, custom heirloom artifacts, and Quick Character write-ups for canonical characters selected by backers.
                                Ah... no chance of seeing Ledaal Kebok Coren then i guess?

Comment

Working...
                                X