Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Was the Sand mentioned in the backstory for the Golden Hounds in Arms of the Chosen the Sand who was in Caste Book: Eclipse?
    That's up to you!


    Developer for Exalted.

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Comment


    • How exactly does Steel Storm Descending work? All it says is "To use this Charm, the Solar must win Join Battle and make a decisive attack." Does that decisive attack have to be the first action you take after Joining Battle? Does it have to be on your first turn? How does it interact with Swarm-Culling Instinct?

      Does Joining Battle mid-combat (via Charm, initiative shift, etc.) count as winning Join Battle (since no one else rolled)?

      Is Cascade of Cutting Terror meant to create an attack or enhance one?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
        How exactly does Steel Storm Descending work? All it says is "To use this Charm, the Solar must win Join Battle and make a decisive attack." Does that decisive attack have to be the first action you take after Joining Battle? Does it have to be on your first turn? How does it interact with Swarm-Culling Instinct?
        It doesn't give you a free attack—it applies to the first attack you make that first round. If you've got Swarm-Culling Instinct, that's the first decisive attack you make with it. If not, you need to use your turn.

        Does Joining Battle mid-combat (via Charm, initiative shift, etc.) count as winning Join Battle (since no one else rolled)?
        No.

        Is Cascade of Cutting Terror meant to create an attack or enhance one?
        I believe it enhances one, although I see why you ask.


        Developer for Exalted

        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

        Robert Vance's Patreon

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
          Does the soak from armor stack with the soak of the second skin of bronze that forms on top of you when you use the spell?

          Answered here.


          Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          It stacks with armor. The "counts as medium armor" is for purposes of things that aren't compatible with armor, like Diamond-Body Prana.

          Comment


          • What's the proper pronunciation of Wanasaan? Also, I know the errata is already closed, but on pg. 313 when it says "Enemies with no body moisture whatsoever, such as fire elementals or bonesiders" should that be bonestriders?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mmooney View Post
              What's the proper pronunciation of Wanasaan? Also, I know the errata is already closed, but on pg. 313 when it says "Enemies with no body moisture whatsoever, such as fire elementals or bonesiders" should that be bonestriders?
              Not a dev, but Bonesiders are the reanimated skeletons of people killed by the Puppeteer's Plague. It's one of the examples given of supernatural diseases, but I don't remember if the creeper's stats made it onto the final version of the book.

              Comment


              • If you aren't asking a question or a DEVELOPER/WRITER answering questions then don't post. This is not a discussion thread and off topic posts will be deleted. Darksider
                Last edited by Darksider; 01-26-2019, 04:26 AM.


                .

                Comment


                • What level of Mentor would Lilith be for an Outcaste DB?

                  Comment


                  • So how big are the Realm Legions now? Back in 2nd ed and I think in 1st they were each about 5k. But reading the New DragonBlooded book they seem to be bigger over all, like each legion is composed of multiple groups of 5k perhaps?

                    Am I misinterpreting this. If they are only 5k per legion then it doesn’t seem like they have the forces to “defend” all the Satrapies and man the Realms military HQs.

                    Like right now at present setting the Legions got reshuffled and taken under the wing of the Houses. Before only I think Cathak, Sesus, and Tepet were allowed to raise full on Armies for their houseswhile the Imperial Service controlled the Realm Legions under the Empresses banner, and the other houses had small paramilitary and security forces. In older books they mention the current military is middling compared to the past, or on the lower end but growing as Civil War Brews. And the Realm has the Capacity to grow to over 100 Legions in times of very specific War and Strye, using drafts to press the vast population of the Blessed Isle into an unstoppable force. With say the current army is around 40ish.

                    They also seem to emphasize that full on Legions are expensive to support, or raise up from scratch. In 2nd ed it seemed almost trivial to do so, but now each legion has a lot of weight and 3 mishandled Tepet Legions could sink their Great house. It takes more then just A resource 5 expenditure to Raise up an Army, Train then, and fully equip and furnish them.


                    It is a time for great deeds!

                    Comment


                    • How many Dragon-Blooded fall under the Yatani's Children banner?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                        So how big are the Realm Legions now? Back in 2nd ed and I think in 1st they were each about 5k. But reading the New DragonBlooded book they seem to be bigger over all, like each legion is composed of multiple groups of 5k perhaps?
                        A legion has 5,000 legionnaires, roughly 2,000-3,000 skirmishers, and a small assortment of officers and specialists. Auxiliary forces attached to legions in the field vary widely in size and composition.

                        Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                        Am I misinterpreting this. If they are only 5k per legion then it doesn’t seem like they have the forces to “defend” all the Satrapies and man the Realms military HQs.
                        What you're missing here is that satrapial garrisons aren't composed of legionary forces. The garrisons have always been supplied by the Great Houses, even before the Imperial legions were divvied up among the houses after the Empress' disappearance. They are a completely different set of troops.


                        Developer for Exalted.

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Monghani View Post
                          How many Dragon-Blooded fall under the Yatani's Children banner?
                          There's not a canonical number, so however many you like.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Monghani View Post
                            What level of Mentor would Lilith be for an Outcaste DB?
                            Definitely three-dot, assuming your Storyteller allows it.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Little quirk I just noticed about how Heaven Thunder Hammer’s written: is sending someone soaring across a field so they leave a long trough in the dirt good for the dealing the fall damage or should there always be a convenient tree or boulder for them to hit?

                              Comment


                              • Will Fangs happen to have Spiders in their animal list? Or at least something close one can use to make a spider stat block?


                                .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X