X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

That's up to you!
    Do you plan on including them in heirs?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Question for Eric:

How big can First Circle Demons be? Is there room to ever have any that are Legendary Size?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

Do you plan on including them in heirs?
        The Golden Hounds (and other unique artifacts in Arms of the Chosen) are highly unlikely to reappear elsewhere; that would undercut the flexibility of providing artifacts for your PC to wield. Admiral Sand is not appearing in Heirs of the Shogunate.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          Question for Eric:

How big can First Circle Demons be? Is there room to ever have any that are Legendary Size?
          There's no inherent rule against it, but the combat advantages of Legendary Size are significant; you'll want to be careful not to make a Legendary Size demon of the First Circle into the optimal combat summons.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

There's no inherent rule against it, but the combat advantages of Legendary Size are significant; you'll want to be careful not to make a Legendary Size demon of the First Circle into the optimal combat summons.
            Mostly I just think that armies of hell ought to have some lumbering hills in their ranks, and that alien vistas look particularly good if there's a decent range in shape and size of the inhabitants.

Especially if that's stuff the Fair Folk get.

I would not be inclined to make them very different from animals. Like, some basic sapient intelligence, some kinds of power, but not in the interest of making them combat power houses (of which I have none).

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

The Golden Hounds (and other unique artifacts in Arms of the Chosen) are highly unlikely to reappear elsewhere; that would undercut the flexibility of providing artifacts for your PC to wield. Admiral Sand is not appearing in Heirs of the Shogunate.
              Curse my tired brain I meant to quote about Yatani...will the Children be featured as an outcaste group in Heirs?
              Last edited by Epee102; 01-28-2019, 04:51 PM. Reason: Time zones not great for spelling

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                Curse my tired brain I meant to quote about Yatani...will the Children be featured as an outcaste group in Heirs?
                They aren't included — out of all the outcaste groups, I think they benefit the most from some blank space.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do you all know what's up after Lunars? Is there a rough timeline for what order to release splats in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabirius View Post
                    Do you all know what's up after Lunars? Is there a rough timeline for what order to release splats in?
                    The next splat after Lunars is Exigents. Sidereals will be after that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

So, load them down with various drawbacks that make them hazardous to keep around, or that specialize their size towards pursuits other than combat.

Like, maybe they need to eat so much that they destroy the vegetation and wildlife around them, or they exhale toxic fumes, or emit destructive levels of heat or radiation.

Or maybe they're giant turtles that make for good transports, but they're very cowardly and retreat into their shells when they don't simply retreat.

Or maybe giving them some kind of fatal vulnerability which makes them easier to kill than their Legendary Size would normally make them.

There's a whole forum for musing on this, keep the thread on track please.
                      Last edited by Lioness; 01-30-2019, 11:38 AM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Does commanding a Battle Group give bonuses to both its attack roll and its damage roll? The text says: "An order action both determines what the targeted battle group will do on its next turn and adds its successes to the battle group’s dice pools for all actions taken during that turn." Damage rolls are definitely dice pools, and they are arguably "for actions."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandersnatch View Post
                          Does commanding a Battle Group give bonuses to both its attack roll and its damage roll? The text says: "An order action both determines what the targeted battle group will do on its next turn and adds its successes to the battle group’s dice pools for all actions taken during that turn." Damage rolls are definitely dice pools, and they are arguably "for actions."
                          I think the intent is just the attack roll. A damage roll is a dice roll, but it's not an (Attribute + Ability) dice pool.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Previously I've asked questions about grappling enemies in a tiny form as a lunar and the general consensus is that you lack leverage to grapple said bigger dudes.
                            Is it logically within the realm of say, strength charms for lunars, to make a custom charm that allows this? Sorta like how solars can use dragon coil technique to grapple larger foes

Comment

• Hey guys, questions about airships:
                              Are they capable of evocations?
                              The process of repairing them is the same one as a warstrider?
                              How many hearthstones could they hold?
                              Last edited by Lerinome; 01-29-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerinome View Post
                                Hey guys, questions about airships:
                                Are they capable of evocations?
                                Any artifact rated three dots or higher is theoretically capable of developing Evocations,

Originally posted by Lerinome View Post
                                The process of repairing them is the same one as a warstrider?
                                How many hearthstones could they hold?
                                For both of these questions, it depends on the nature of the specific airship. A two-dot hot air balloon whose sole magic is a self-healing canopy will have very different mechanics from a five-dot blue jade aerial cruiser with integrated lightning ballistae.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X