X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are no written rules for climbing. Monkey Leap Technique and Perfect Climbing Attitude suggest that you need to succeed on an Athletics roll to climb a wall or a tree, though no mention is made of ladders or walls with steps and handholds built in, as far as determining the minimum level of difficulty. Like, is there any sort of ascent that you can make without a Charm and without a roll?

Does Monkey Leap Technique allow you to cross (context-appropriate forms of) difficult terrain with one action? Does it allow you to ignore difficulty terrain penalties when performing a Rush or Disengage action with a leap?

Does climbing a wall or tree, on top of requiring an Athletics roll, count as difficult terrain? Or can you Rush or Disengage without penalty as long as you beat the Athletics roll?

Would Verdant Dragon's Footprints help with climbing a tree or other plantlife in a manner similar to how Perfect Climbing Attitude works with stone?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Meghan is the final authority, but checking her spreadsheet, I think they are animals.
      Yep! They are animals.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
      Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

• As it's the Lunar New Year today and the Lunar KS next week, I was wondering if we could get a bit of a taste of chargen.

Could you share/confirm with us how many Caste/Favored Attributes Lunars get and how many Attribute, Ability, and Merit dots they get?

Comment

• How does the Fortuitous Meeting Charm (from the Plentymon's Ladybug in Hundred Devils Night Parade) work when learned as an Eclipse Charm? Does it just allow the Eclipse to gain the effect upon spending some motes, or does it allow them to bite people to grant it to them?

Sorcerer of the Scarlet Throne & Unbound Lunar Demiurge.

Comment

• Is there any fiction you would specifically recommend to help grok the difference in scope and wonderment between a First Age manse and a manse capped in the Age of Sorrows?

Comment

• I have a few questions.

1) Does centipede style have form weapons? If so, what are they?

2) The YouTube video sent to backers mentioned the eventual release of a "how to play the Game of Thrones in Exalted" style book Called Of Crown and Sword. Is that still in the works?

Thank you.

Comment

• So I have a question about artifacts and free evocations. With a lot of artifacts the first evocation is free which makes sense because that is sort of the gateway power that sets what kind of artifact it is in a mechanical sense. For example Fist of the Titan’s evocation Chambered fist Charge.

However other artifacts have one or more additional free charms that awakens for free provided you meet some requirement. Heck some artifacts give tons of free charms out! Going back to Fist of the Titan’s if you defeat a significant foe Unstoppable Hammer’s blow awakens for free.

When we are writing our own evocation charms what balances should we keep in mind for charms given through certain events vs though experience? What guidelines do you use when determining if a charm can be awakened without experience or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
                  When we are writing our own evocation charms what balances should we keep in mind for charms given through certain events vs though experience? What guidelines do you use when determining if a charm can be awakened without experience or not?
                  Evocations that can't be awakened with experience are typically as a way to create...call it "story architecture." A set of incentives that'll push the player to lean into that artifact's mythos in a way that produces fun narrative or drama.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Deranged Goblin View Post
                    1) Does centipede style have form weapons?
                    Yes.

If so, what are they?
                    This close to the Kickstarter previews, I don't wanna tip too much.

2) The YouTube video sent to backers mentioned the eventual release of a "how to play the Game of Thrones in Exalted" style book Called Of Crown and Sword. Is that still in the works
                    That must have been something planned by the previous devs; it's not on our current schedule. I have no idea what its contents would've actually been, so I can't really say whether any of the books we have planned will cover the same topics.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by senresk View Post
                      How does the Fortuitous Meeting Charm (from the Plentymon's Ladybug in Hundred Devils Night Parade) work when learned as an Eclipse Charm? Does it just allow the Eclipse to gain the effect upon spending some motes, or does it allow them to bite people to grant it to them?
                      Meghan might step in and correct me, but I believe it works the same way for Eclipse Castes as it does for the ladybugs (although they might be able to substitute a touch for a bite).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BestCaseSurvival View Post
                        Is there any fiction you would specifically recommend to help grok the difference in scope and wonderment between a First Age manse and a manse capped in the Age of Sorrows?
                        I think the defining difference between First Age geomancy and modern manses are that the First Age Exalted where able to create vast miraculous infrastructure consisting of multiple manses linked together, such as the Sword of Creation/Realm Defense Grid — or, on a slightly lesser scale, the geomantic relays needed to keep starspires in orbit. No particular fiction comes to mind.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will Fangs at the Gate include any 5-dot Moonsilver Warstriders? Karvura is really cool, but you can't actually buy it for a character.

My characters:
                          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Canonically, how dangerous should an Akuma be to a Solar - let's stipulate here that the Akuma is quite experienced human as a baseline. What if the Akuma was dragon-blooded?

On a separate topic, given the sheer number and variety of threats to humans, and the paucity of dragonblooded able to devote time to protecting mortals, how do mortals defend themselves? How difficult is it for mortals to gain enough power to take on say, a 1st Circle Demon? Since its possible for animals to gain charms, is it possible for mortals?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deranged Goblin View Post
                              I have a few questions.

1) Does centipede style have form weapons? If so, what are they?

2) The YouTube video sent to backers mentioned the eventual release of a "how to play the Game of Thrones in Exalted" style book Called Of Crown and Sword. Is that still in the works?

Thank you.
                              Wait wait, what video? I'm a deeb backer why did i not know of this?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                I think the defining difference between First Age geomancy and modern manses are that the First Age Exalted where able to create vast miraculous infrastructure consisting of multiple manses linked together, such as the Sword of Creation/Realm Defense Grid — or, on a slightly lesser scale, the geomantic relays needed to keep starspires in orbit. No particular fiction comes to mind.
                                ... Wait, am I missing something? What the hell's a starspire?

... Is that something new? It sounds really frecking cool! ^^ if it's what i think it is I'm already going a little crazy at the prospect

Comment

Working...
                                X