This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Croakamancer View Post

... Wait, am I missing something? What the hell's a starspire?

... Is that something new? It sounds really frecking cool! ^^ if it's what i think it is I'm already going a little crazy at the prospect
    One is mentioned offhandedly in the backstory of Ascendant Nova Phoenix.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabirius View Post
      Canonically, how dangerous should an Akuma be to a Solar - let's stipulate here that the Akuma is quite experienced human as a baseline. What if the Akuma was dragon-blooded?
      "Akuma" isn't a single, unified mechanical template in 3rd Edition.

On a separate topic, given the sheer number and variety of threats to humans, and the paucity of dragonblooded able to devote time to protecting mortals, how do mortals defend themselves?
      With weapons, probably. And sometimes diplomacy.

How difficult is it for mortals to gain enough power to take on say, a 1st Circle Demon?
      A lone mortal's never going to be an even match for a combat-oriented First Circle Demon, although numbers and circumstances can tip the odds.

It's worth nothing that the vast majority of threats to humans in Creation will come from other humans and animals. You might be fucked if a storm-god decides to burn down your village, but you're also fucked if your own kingdom's army hasn't been paid in months and decides to make up for it by pillaging your town.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        Will Fangs at the Gate include any 5-dot Moonsilver Warstriders? Karvura is really cool, but you can't actually buy it for a character.
        It will not.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post

Wait wait, what video? I'm a deeb backer why did i not know of this?!
          It was for the 3e core KS, by the previous devs.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

It was for the 3e core KS, by the previous devs.
            Oh.... rip me...

Comment

• So is it possible for say a moonsilver spear that causes unhealing wounds to shapeshift with a lunar and apply it's artifact traits onto said forms natural weapons?
              Like say a pestletails hammer tail, a scorpions stinger or a wolves teeth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                "Akuma" isn't a single, unified mechanical template in 3rd Edition.
                On the first question, I wasn't so much asking about mechanics as story, but the point is taken that there are many types of Akuma that might have different abilities both in their base form, and what they were granted. However, I was trying to ask if say a Terrestrial Exalted Akuma focused on combat would be a threat to a combat-focused solar as a matter of story?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabirius View Post

On the first question, I wasn't so much asking about mechanics as story, but the point is taken that there are many types of Akuma that might have different abilities both in their base form, and what they were granted. However, I was trying to ask if say a Terrestrial Exalted Akuma focused on combat would be a threat to a combat-focused solar as a matter of story?
                  As Vance says, in 3e "Akuma" isn't a mechanical template that you paste onto an Exalt. It's an umbrella term for someone who's been granted infernal power. The term "Terrestrial Exalted Akuma," by itself, provides no meaningful information on the particulars of the infernal powers that a Dragon-Blood may have received. So the answer is that whether any given akuma is a challenge to your PCs is up to whatever traits your Storyteller decided to assign to that akuma.

(This seems like something we might want to provide guidance for in a future book. But it's not something that we have the wherewithal to address at this time.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Hmm... Akuma side question, since it's being talked about. Could an Abyssal become an Akuma?

Comment

• Does EX3 still have rules for playing beastmen or Wyld mutants?

The Teller of Tales, and the Weaver of Dreams

Behold! My 2e characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post
                        Does EX3 still have rules for playing beastmen or Wyld mutants?
                        Yep, the core includes a selection of mutations for that purpose.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Croakamancer View Post
                          Hmm... Akuma side question, since it's being talked about. Could an Abyssal become an Akuma?
                          An Abyssal can certainly pact with the baleful forces of Hell for power.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            Yep, the core includes a selection of mutations for that purpose.
                            I guess this holds somewhat true for God-Bloods (more specifically, God-Bloods that have Exalted) as well?

(also my god it's been almost two years since I last posted on this forum)

The Teller of Tales, and the Weaver of Dreams

Behold! My 2e characters.

Comment

• Are all inhabitants of Zen-Mu inimical to the Creation-born, such as Karvara and the baleful gods, or are there gradations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post

I guess this holds somewhat true for God-Bloods (more specifically, God-Bloods that have Exalted) as well?

(also my god it's been almost two years since I last posted on this forum)
                                God-blooded Exalted will be discussed in Heirs to the Shogunate — a bit earlier than we'd expected, but between Ledaal Kebok Coren and Clan Akatha, we just had to.

We're planning to address god-blooded more generally in future books.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X