Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
    Are all inhabitants of Zen-Mu inimical to the Creation-born, such as Karvara and the baleful gods, or are there gradations?
    Many of them are dangerous in some way or another, but Karvara's unique.


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Will Sand Worms be in Fangs or some other supplement?


      .

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        God-blooded Exalted will be discussed in Heirs to the Shogunate — a bit earlier than we'd expected, but between Ledaal Kebok Coren and Clan Akatha, we just had to.

        We're planning to address god-blooded more generally in future books.

        Sorry if this is a silly question, but when should I be able to buy both WFHB and "Heirs to the Shogunate"? Will both be purchaseable at the same time?

        Comment


        • Will The Realm have a timeline?

          Does it talk much about the Shogunate? How about Immaculate theology (as opposed to praxis)?

          How much of the book is about Satrapies?

          Finally, is the Immaculate version of history in Chapter 1 of 1st edition Exalted still representative of what Realm commoners believe?


          "Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            Will The Realm have a timeline?
            Yes, along the lines of the ones found in First Edition books like Exalted: the Dragon-Blooded and Scavenger Sons.

            Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            Does it talk much about the Shogunate?
            Occasionally mentioned in passing where relevant, but it receives no dedicated coverage.

            Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            How about Immaculate theology (as opposed to praxis)?
            Discussed in the Immaculate Order chapter.

            Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            How much of the book is about Satrapies?
            There's a full chapter on satrapies, including both general discussion of the satrapial system and individual write-ups of several satrapies.

            Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            Finally, is the Immaculate version of history in Chapter 1 of 1st edition Exalted still representative of what Realm commoners believe?
            Page 32, "The Realm Historian Speaks," largely carries over in its broad strokes, though it's worth noting that it's explicitly presented as a systematized compilation from various sources rather than a universal historical orthodoxy. (One noteworthy change is that Sidereals are no longer considered Anathema by default in 3e.)


            Developer for Exalted.

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
              . (One noteworthy change is that Sidereals are no longer considered Anathema by default in 3e.)
              A question about this. When it comes to the assumption of 'always Anathema', would it be reasonable to assume that they just very clearly notate the signs of Solars and Lunars and their caste marks then...I guess just go 'any other Exalted may not be as blessed as the Dragon-Blooded, but like gods have a part to play in our world'?

              Just trying to guess kind of how if a young peasant child went up to an Immaculate monk after seeing anything from a Chosen of Battle to an Exigent in service of a local river god asking questions would be answered.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Alpharius View Post

                A question about this. When it comes to the assumption of 'always Anathema', would it be reasonable to assume that they just very clearly notate the signs of Solars and Lunars and their caste marks then...I guess just go 'any other Exalted may not be as blessed as the Dragon-Blooded, but like gods have a part to play in our world'?

                Just trying to guess kind of how if a young peasant child went up to an Immaculate monk after seeing anything from a Chosen of Battle to an Exigent in service of a local river god asking questions would be answered.
                The world is full of supernatural entities whose presence and activities aren't sanctioned by the Immaculate Philosophy, but which aren't necessarily so troublesome to the Perfected Hierarchy as to warrant extermination. An Exigent or other unidentified Exalt should be reported to a monk, but only those who bear the signs of Lunar or Solar Exaltation are innately considered to be,Anathema.

                Basically, by default Exigents (like god-blooded) and other non-Dragon-Blooded Exalted are seen by the Immaculates as the result of inappropriate congress between gods and mortals, but can atone for their inauspicious creation through noble service. But they have no innate role in the well-being of creation; they can easily go astray, and those whose evil deeds draw sufficient condemnation may be dubbed Anathema on an individual basis.


                Developer for Exalted.

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Comment


                • At Stealth 5, Perfect Shadow Stillness refunds its Willpower cost if you "succeed" on a stealth attempt with it. What does that mean? Beat all enemies around, beat all characters around, beat some?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Electro View Post
                    At Stealth 5, Perfect Shadow Stillness refunds its Willpower cost if you "succeed" on a stealth attempt with it. What does that mean? Beat all enemies around, beat all characters around, beat some?
                    I think "beating at least one enemy" is probably the best way to interpret that.


                    Developer for Exalted

                    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                    Robert Vance's Patreon

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                      The world is full of supernatural entities whose presence and activities aren't sanctioned by the Immaculate Philosophy, but which aren't necessarily so troublesome to the Perfected Hierarchy as to warrant extermination. An Exigent or other unidentified Exalt should be reported to a monk, but only those who bear the signs of Lunar or Solar Exaltation are innately considered to be,Anathema.

                      Basically, by default Exigents (like god-blooded) and other non-Dragon-Blooded Exalted are seen by the Immaculates as the result of inappropriate congress between gods and mortals, but can atone for their inauspicious creation through noble service. But they have no innate role in the well-being of creation; they can easily go astray, and those whose evil deeds draw sufficient condemnation may be dubbed Anathema on an individual basis.
                      I assume Abyssals didn’t require any special consideration because of the shape of their Caste marks? They were labeled Anathema and lumped in with Solars?


                      Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                      Comment


                      • As the Lunars KS approaches (HOORAY!) and lucky backers start getting bits of the manuscript, is there anything from The Realm that we should know before reading Lunars, or anything Lunars spoils of The Realm?

                        Comment


                        • Can you use Monkey Leap Technique to safely descend one range band without an Athletics check or anything to climb down, or do you need to spring for Soaring Crane Leap for that?


                          Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

                          My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

                          Comment


                          • So using the good ole' soup metaphor.
                            How do the martial artists from WFHW and Fangs consume their soup?


                            .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                              As the Lunars KS approaches (HOORAY!) and lucky backers start getting bits of the manuscript, is there anything from The Realm that we should know before reading Lunars, or anything Lunars spoils of The Realm?
                              There are some things that both books touch on, but I don't think they're really spoilers or anything.


                              Developer for Exalted

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Robert Vance's Patreon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                                Can you use Monkey Leap Technique to safely descend one range band without an Athletics check or anything to climb down, or do you need to spring for Soaring Crane Leap for that?
                                You can use Monkey Leap Technique to jump straight down, but because falls from one range band don't normally inflict damage, it's not really that much safer. Your Storyteller might let you automatically land on your feet instead of having to roll for it?


                                Developer for Exalted

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Robert Vance's Patreon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X