X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
    So using the good ole' soup metaphor.
    How do the martial artists from WFHW and Fangs consume their soup?
    The Immaculate Dragon styles team up to eat one giant bowl of soup, each using their own different techniques.

Golden Janissary style seeks out the most wicked soups and imprisons it within their belly.

Mantis style forces its soup into a joint lock and breaks its arm. Then it drinks it.

White Veil style has a pleasant conversation with a stranger drinking soup. By the time they leave, the stranger's bowl is inexplicably empty.

Centipede style is either unpleasant or adorable to watch eating soup, depending on how well you tolerate centipedes.

Falcon style gets up on the top floor of the restaurant and then jumps down onto the soup.

Laughing Monster pulls an imp out of its soup, then tosses it into someone else's bowl.

Swaying Grass Dance makes you think it's dancing, but really? It's eating soup.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can you poison a battle group? For example of if you attack with spring razor or the wood elemental bolt. I didn't see anything in the rules saying you can't, however I also find it weird me hitting one baddie with a poison sword/energy bolt poisons 20 other guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        You can use Monkey Leap Technique to jump straight down, but because falls from one range band don't normally inflict damage, it's not really that much safer. Your Storyteller might let you automatically land on your feet instead of having to roll for it?
        I thought the "one range band" on the Falling chart was "within your one range band" as opposed to "entering a new range band". I guess that's why SCL says it negates TWO bands of damage and recommends it be used every THREE range bands.

So I can hop down from a wall one range band high, and suffer no falling damage, though I might need to make an Athletics roll to land properly, and a botch could break my ankle.

But wait, then why does Thunderbolt Attack Prana (the Shoryuken Charm) specify that you land safely, when you only rose one range band into the air?
        Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 02-08-2019, 02:23 PM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
          Can you poison a battle group? For example of if you attack with spring razor or the wood elemental bolt. I didn't see anything in the rules saying you can't, however I also find it weird me hitting one baddie with a poison sword/energy bolt poisons 20 other guys.
          I think the "Elected Targets" sidebar in the core is applicable to this.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I think the "Elected Targets" sidebar in the core is applicable to this.
            Well that solves that, I didn't know that sidebar even existed. Thank you.

Comment

• Will we be seeing new latent and magical abilities for animals in the up coming Lunars book?

Comment

Will we be seeing new latent and magical abilities for animals in the up coming Lunars book?
                You'll be seeing new animals, so yeah.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Oh shoot, I should probably have been more clear. I mean more of the generic type such as the ones on pages 555 & 556 of the core book.

Comment

The Immaculate Dragon styles team up to eat one giant bowl of soup, each using their own different techniques.

Golden Janissary style seeks out the most wicked soups and imprisons it within their belly.

Mantis style forces its soup into a joint lock and breaks its arm. Then it drinks it.

White Veil style has a pleasant conversation with a stranger drinking soup. By the time they leave, the stranger's bowl is inexplicably empty.

Centipede style is either unpleasant or adorable to watch eating soup, depending on how well you tolerate centipedes.

Falcon style gets up on the top floor of the restaurant and then jumps down onto the soup.

Laughing Monster pulls an imp out of its soup, then tosses it into someone else's bowl.

Swaying Grass Dance makes you think it's dancing, but really? It's eating soup.
                    Thanks Vance. You're a gem

Comment

Oh shoot, I should probably have been more clear. I mean more of the generic type such as the ones on pages 555 & 556 of the core book.
                      Not generic ones, although some can be repurposed for other animals.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Can you give us any hints about which ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Can you give us any hints about which ones?
                          Some predictable, some totally unexpected. All good spirit shapes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Laughing Monster!?!? Was this already revealed or is this new info on Fangs?

Join the Strife

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                              Laughing Monster!?!? Was this already revealed or is this new info on Fangs?
                              Already revealed.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Are there stats for any insects or other tiny animals? Spiders, rats, small fish, etc.
                                I sometimes wondered what the best way to do stats for things like that is.
                                Obviously, you'd never need stats to fight PCs with, but it matters for Lunars.

Also, Laughing Monster style; are there any similarities to the 2nd ed Shaping style at all?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Working...
                                X