This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    Are there stats for any insects or other tiny animals? Spiders, rats, small fish, etc.
    Yes.

Also, Laughing Monster style; are there any similarities to the 2nd ed Shaping style at all?
    I'd call it loosely inspired.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What sort of stuff did you watch or read for inspiration when writing Lunars?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        What sort of stuff did you watch or read for inspiration when writing Lunars?
        The manuscript preview that goes live on Tuesday will have a list of Recommended Media. ^_^

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What happens with charms like Armor-Penetrating Fang Strike or other charms that remove Armored Soak when you use them on CQs who do not have listed soaks? Or things that don't really wear armor but would logically or do have have large amounts of soak like a Celestial Lion or Octavian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
            What happens with charms like Armor-Penetrating Fang Strike or other charms that remove Armored Soak when you use them on CQs who do not have listed soaks? Or things that don't really wear armor but would logically or do have have large amounts of soak like a Celestial Lion or Octavian.
            I'd approximate a value from 1-5 for that character's Stamina/natural soak, and run from there.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Dragon-Blooded who aren't part of one of the great Terrestrial cultures of this edition don't feel unduly weaker or really screwed over. I recall in 2e that being a ronin Sidereal was extremely harsh, not just limiting resources but your powers and skills too out the gate. Will Sidereals outside the Bureau of Destiny in 3e be similarly well served? Not expecting whole culture things because that's not their deal, but actually not painfully behind their 'base' peers?

I realize this is two gamelines ahead and you can't speak to mechanics, just asking about thoughts on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
                Dragon-Blooded who aren't part of one of the great Terrestrial cultures of this edition don't feel unduly weaker or really screwed over. I recall in 2e that being a ronin Sidereal was extremely harsh, not just limiting resources but your powers and skills too out the gate. Will Sidereals outside the Bureau of Destiny in 3e be similarly well served? Not expecting whole culture things because that's not their deal, but actually not painfully behind their 'base' peers?

I realize this is two gamelines ahead and you can't speak to mechanics, just asking about thoughts on it.
                We don't want to make ronin Sidereals undesirable to play.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So ready for the fields of new questions that'll probably start cropping up after next week?

Comment

• Are people who have been dream-eaten by the raksha totally beyond saving? They're not technically dead, so I'm not sure if the "no resurrection" rule applies.

If some Exalt manages to get hold of the raksha who ravaged the victim and wring the glamour out of them, can the patient be restored somehow?

Comment

• Do pterosaurs (other than the flying Dragon Kings) exist in Creation?

The Teller of Tales, and the Weaver of Dreams

Behold! My 2e characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post
                        Do pterosaurs (other than the flying Dragon Kings) exist in Creation?
                        Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                          Are people who have been dream-eaten by the raksha totally beyond saving? They're not technically dead, so I'm not sure if the "no resurrection" rule applies.

If some Exalt manages to get hold of the raksha who ravaged the victim and wring the glamour out of them, can the patient be restored somehow?
                          I think Soul Projection Method explicitly calls out that it could be used to heal the dream-eaten.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            Yeah. 10char
                            Do they have a canonical name?

Comment

• Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post

Do they have a canonical name?
                              Not yet, although I'd be surprised if we don't get to them eventually.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                Not yet, although I'd be surprised if we don't get to them eventually.
                                Okay, thanks! My friend and I are currently using "sail lizard" as a placeholder name.

Comment

Working...
                                X