Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, is the Ebon Dragon going to wind up being Satan-wearing-a-dragon-suit again like he was in 2e or will TED be more like the 1e version, who was more a lover of all things dying, damned, and doomed?

Comment

• Would you advise against the creation of spells that do withering attacks. Is this a Design Decision made or is the lack of one in the main book just a lack of space.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunAndSpring View Post
        So, is the Ebon Dragon going to wind up being Satan-wearing-a-dragon-suit again like he was in 2e or will TED be more like the 1e version, who was more a lover of all things dying, damned, and doomed?
        More like the 1e version.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Can I use Fate Shifting Solar Arete to modify the End of Story Roll created by Flowing Mind Prana to gain back more exp?

Comment

• Questions about Clash attacks for Robert Vance:
            • Does the -2 penalty to defence for losing a clash stack with or override the traditional -1 onslaught penalty?
            • Does the Clash portion of Over-and-Under method apply onslaught and/or a -2 penalty as normal, or does the whole thing just count as a single attack?
            • Does the +2 bonus to clash attacks granted by dual wielding stack with +2 clash bonus granted by the Two-Handed weapon tag?
            • Tangentially, Buck-Ogres have a merit that allows them to dual wield heavy weapons, how many dots would this be worth if it were available to players?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              To emphasize that restoring a wonder of the First Age is a legendary undertaking.
              So it's nothing to do with balance (by which I mean a character who chooses to spent their time repairing a 3-dot first age weapon won't potentially have an advantage over one who spends their time crafting a 3-dot daiklave that justifies the XP costs)?

My concern is for situations like Lookshy where you have a specific class of people (sorcerer-engineers) who regularly work on First Age artifacts. A character who wanted to play a sorcerer-engineer in a Lookshy centric game would be looking at a fairly high XP tax from just doing what they do on a regular basis. This is admittedly, a fairly narrow circumstance for me to be concerned about. It seems like a prime candidate for the Golden and Oricalcum rules to come into play. Maybe it would be appropriate for the ST to just refund the XP spent on sorcerous workings for first age artifact repair jobs the sorcerer-engineer did that lack any sort of narrative importance as though the working was negated?

My Exalted Character Creation Tool may be downloaded here. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.
              I have a rewrite of the craft system which can be downloaded here.

I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

• So it's nothing to do with balance (by which I mean a character who chooses to spent their time repairing a 3-dot first age weapon won't potentially have an advantage over one who spends their time crafting a 3-dot daiklave that justifies the XP costs)?
                No, it is in fact everything to do with balance.

My concern is for situations like Lookshy where you have a specific class of people (sorcerer-engineers) who regularly work on First Age artifacts. A character who wanted to play a sorcerer-engineer in a Lookshy centric game would be looking at a fairly high XP tax from just doing what they do on a regular basis. This is admittedly, a fairly narrow circumstance for me to be concerned about.
                That's why I wrote a lot of the tasks that your typical sorcerer-engineer is going to be performing, like field maintenance or repairs on a warstrider, don't require a working.

Maybe it would be appropriate for the ST to just refund the XP spent on sorcerous workings for first age artifact repair jobs the sorcerer-engineer did that lack any sort of narrative importance as though the working was negated?
                It is always appropriate to refund the XP cost of a working once it ceases to be relevant in the narrative.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• [*]Does the -2 penalty to defence for losing a clash stack with or override the traditional -1 onslaught penalty?
                  It stacks.

[*]Does the Clash portion of Over-and-Under method apply onslaught and/or a -2 penalty as normal, or does the whole thing just count as a single attack?
                  The clash still imposes the usual penalties before you make the counterattack.

[*]Does the +2 bonus to clash attacks granted by dual wielding stack with +2 clash bonus granted by the Two-Handed weapon tag?
                  So, this could only occur in a situation where you're somehow getting away the restrictions of the Two-Handed tag (with magic, a feat of strength, whatever). In that case, it would no longer be appropriate to get the clash bonus from the tag.

Note that a Charm written to let an Exalt dual wield two-handed weapons might modify how that worked, potentially letting them stack.

[*]Tangentially, Buck-Ogres have a merit that allows them to dual wield heavy weapons, how many dots would this be worth if it were available to players?
                  Off the top of my head, I'd make it a four-dot Merit that requires either Strength 5 or Giant.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Im planing to make a stealth supernatural night, and i plan to overuse Shadow replacement technique,so i want to be clear on some uses that im planning for the charm.

1- Can the Solar live indefinitly inside someones shadow, or would they starve to death if the try it?

2- Can I use it to hide inside someone shoadow without controling the target and without them knowing? (Making the grapple when he is sleeping, or unconscious)

3- When you roll to force someone to perform an action that goes against their intimacies, is it because you are talking him into doing it with a social action or something like "demon possession" where host and solar figth over the hand holding the knife?

4- Can you communicate with the target you are possesing?

5- Does the effect breaks if the Solar sleeps in the shadow?

6- If i use it together with Dark Sentinel Way, can i go in and out of the shadow to defend the posssesed target?

7-If i figth, do i use the stats of the solar or the host? And can i use charms?

Comment

• [Edit to addressing later on] Ah, so it did. Taking it over there then
                      Last edited by Meianno Yuurei; 05-10-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        Off the top of my head, I'd make it a four-dot Merit that requires either Strength 5 or Giant.
                        Re: The Buck Ogre Thing and your answer to it.

Wait... Dual Wielding and wielding two-handed weapons both give exactly the same bonus (+2 on Clash). What would dual-wielding two-handed weapons do for you?

By the rules as I read them, that wouldn't do anything.

Comment

• If a Charm says I double Successes. Does that mean the dice that are successes are doubles meaning If I had 10 10s I would get 10 more 10s to use for dice tricks or would that mean I would just multiply the results by 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

Re: The Buck Ogre Thing and your answer to it.

Wait... Dual Wielding and wielding two-handed weapons both give exactly the same bonus (+2 on Clash). What would dual-wielding two-handed weapons do for you?

By the rules as I read them, that wouldn't do anything.
                            If someone's dual wielding two-handed weapons, I'd give them a +2 bonus (not +4).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                              If a Charm says I double Successes. Does that mean the dice that are successes are doubles meaning If I had 10 10s I would get 10 more 10s to use for dice tricks or would that mean I would just multiply the results by 2
                              The latter.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                                1- Can the Solar live indefinitly inside someones shadow, or would they starve to death if the try it?
                                I'm gonna leave that one as a call for individual Storytellers to make.

2- Can I use it to hide inside someone shoadow without controling the target and without them knowing? (Making the grapple when he is sleeping, or unconscious)
                                You can use it on a sleeping character. You can't hide in someone's shadow without taking control, although nothing stops you from just choosing not to exert it.

3- When you roll to force someone to perform an action that goes against their intimacies, is it because you are talking him into doing it with a social action or something like "demon possession" where host and solar figth over the hand holding the knife?
                                Both sound like valid stunts.

4- Can you communicate with the target you are possesing?
                                Not directly, although you could do things like taking control of a hand to write out a message to them.

5- Does the effect breaks if the Solar sleeps in the shadow?
                                No.

6- If i use it together with Dark Sentinel Way, can i go in and out of the shadow to defend the posssesed target?
                                You're not able to take defend other actions to protect your target from inside his shadow, so it's not compatible with Dark Sentinel's Way.

7-If i figth, do i use the stats of the solar or the host? And can i use charms?
                                The host uses his own stats to fight. You can't use your Charms to enhance his actions directly, although Charms that can buff other characters still work as normal.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X