X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also- I assume Strength is going to be a big-deal Attribute to Lunars, as is Dexterity and Stamina. Would the Charm-set for Strength allow me to make an Exalted that could punch/kick to do Lethal Damage? Enough to shatter rocks, maybe? Are Lunars the ones to look at for a One-Punch type of Exalted?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      I don't believe anything specifies what the Ambition and Finesse has to be, which means Storyteller call is the default. I'd go with Ambition 1 and Finesse 3 (the "middle of the road" Finesse in terms of player control) for most situations, and maybe make things easier as a reward for cool stuff players do in support of the project.

You do have to pay the XP costs.
      Thank you, I had assumed as much for the XP and Finesse but had been thinking Ambition 3 as well. It is nice to have confirmation!

Comment

• Question about shapeshifting.

It says that shifting requires 4 motes, which are committed. Is it safe to assume that the Lunar can just keep those Motes committed if they swap to a different shape? Like swapping between two MA Form Charms that have the same cost.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• So I was reading book of the Wyrm, and found the Hearteaters there. Or something with the same name. I s arched and no one asked—is there any connection between the oldest Wyrm spawn and the fallen heroes?(feels oddly relevant given Lunars origins)

Storyteller Vault Productions:
          The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol. 2
          Patreon, with my own games, here:
          https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
          My folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
            So I was reading book of the Wyrm, and found the Hearteaters there. Or something with the same name. I s arched and no one asked—is there any connection between the oldest Wyrm spawn and the fallen heroes?(feels oddly relevant given Lunars origins)
            It's possible the previous development team got it from there, but I'm unfamiliar with Werewolf lore.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
              Question about shapeshifting.

It says that shifting requires 4 motes, which are committed. Is it safe to assume that the Lunar can just keep those Motes committed if they swap to a different shape? Like swapping between two MA Form Charms that have the same cost.
              No, you've got to spend it anew each time.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SpectacularTentacular View Post
                Also- I assume Strength is going to be a big-deal Attribute to Lunars, as is Dexterity and Stamina. Would the Charm-set for Strength allow me to make an Exalted that could punch/kick to do Lethal Damage? Enough to shatter rocks, maybe?
                Yep.

Are Lunars the ones to look at for a One-Punch type of Exalted?
                Saitama really isn't a character who fits well into Exalted. Try Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine. ^_^

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SpectacularTentacular View Post
                  Can Lunars transform into a swarm of insects? What about a humanoid-shaped walking pile of insects? Can said swarm fly? Are there any Martial Arts that would take advantage of this?
                  They have Charms for swarm shapeshifting. I have a feeling you might be seeing them soon.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Shapeshifting preview question:

When she takes an action the animal has a listed dice pool for, she may use its dice pool. Any dice over her own base (Attribute + Ability) pool count as Charm dice and are subject to her dice cap (p. XX), potentially preventing her from using a form’s full dice pool.
                    She may use the animal’s natural weapons, including their listed dice pool and damage value. (Note that she uses the same pool for withering and decisive attacks). Any dice over her own base (Dexterity + Brawl) count as Charm dice, but damage doesn’t count against the amount she may add with the Strength Excellency.
                    Are natural weapon pools similarly limited by dice cap? So you'd need Dex 5, Brawl 3 (or Dex 4/Brawl 5) to benefit from all of a great cat's 13-die claw attack dice pool, yeah? (And couldn't benefit from its +3 dice from Ambush hunter unless your Attr+Ability was 3 higher.)

Or can you use the 13 dice attack pool but cannot add any additional dice (including, presumably, Ambush Hunter) because you're at the cap?

I attack people with giant insects both on and off the court.

Comment

• Tayan Silver-Crowned isn't one of the characters who had a QC added with stretch goals. Does she have one in either book, already?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Will the Dominions in the Lunar's book and/or the nations in At8D have explicitly called out Customs, like in a sidebar or something, or will we just need to infer them from the writeups?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                          Will the Dominions in the Lunar's book and/or the nations in At8D have explicitly called out Customs, like in a sidebar or something, or will we just need to infer them from the writeups?
                          No, that's gonna be integrated organically into their write-ups.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                            Tayan Silver-Crowned isn't one of the characters who had a QC added with stretch goals. Does she have one in either book, already?
                            No, but there might be a Shadow Fang Vanguard stretch goal...

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Five Eyes View Post
                              Shapeshifting preview question:

Are natural weapon pools similarly limited by dice cap? So you'd need Dex 5, Brawl 3 (or Dex 4/Brawl 5) to benefit from all of a great cat's 13-die claw attack dice pool, yeah? (And couldn't benefit from its +3 dice from Ambush hunter unless your Attr+Ability was 3 higher.)

Or can you use the 13 dice attack pool but cannot add any additional dice (including, presumably, Ambush Hunter) because you're at the cap?
                              An animal shape's attack rolls are limited by your dice cap (which is Attribute + Attribute for Lunars, not Attribute + Ability). If there's any dice over the cap, you don't get them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I've been reading and loving the previews for Lunars, and it occurred that with the charms that grant bonuses based on the cultural symbolism of an animal, and the upcoming release of Across the Eight Directions - would it be possible to get a blurb/sidebar for the various countries and civilizations with a few example animals and cultural values that they represent for each in there? Or possibly in Many-Faced Strangers? The flavor and thematic text are amazing, and the charms are great from what we've seen so far, but little details like that that help ground a character concept more firmly in the world are always cool to me and it seems we have some upcoming supplements they would fit into well and without requiring a lot of word count.

Comment

Working...
                                X