X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For animal forms with Berserker, obviously the extra dice count as from charms, but does the negation of wound penalties also count, or does the Lunar get that for free?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      An animal shape's attack rolls are limited by your dice cap (which is Attribute + Attribute for Lunars, not Attribute + Ability). If there's any dice over the cap, you don't get them.
      How does this work in actual numbers.

Say Great Cat has 13 dice to attack with claw.

Shifter Lunar has 3 Dex and he pulls in another Attribute, say 2 Wits, and he has 3 Brawl.

So his base Dice Pool Would be 6 (Dex + Brawl) his Dicepool with his Dex Excellency would be 9 (Dex + Dex + Brawl) and his stunted dice pool with his Wits and Dex would be 11 (Wits + Dex + Dex + Brawl)

So by my understanding, when Shifting Lunar becomes a Big Cat he could use a max dice pool of 11, and not the 13 the actual cat attacks with?

1. Is this correct or am I off my rocker?
      2. What if the stunt in Strength which is 5, would the get the full 13 dice pool then?

Many thanks for the clarification.
      Last edited by prototype00; 02-19-2019, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• If it turns out it will be awhile until we get abyssals have you considered introducing necromancy in a supplement then using Abyssals to add more spells and initiations? I don't remember the order we were given most recently but in another topic someone told me they are behind Exigents, Sidereal, and the Getimian in the production order so optimistically thats about a 3 year wait. Thats a long time for us to not get official stuff on the 4th thing exalted can use to reach outside their natural charm set and theme.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• Chimera question, just how non literal can the combinations get? I'm thinking a bear totem that's gained an association with carrion birds. Would a mix of the two have to be bear with wings, or could I go more Spiritualist with it, a half black half white bear with one vicious eye and exaggerated fangs on that side?

Comment

• Originally posted by Croakamancer View Post
            Chimera question, just how non literal can the combinations get? I'm thinking a bear totem that's gained an association with carrion birds. Would a mix of the two have to be bear with wings, or could I go more Spiritualist with it, a half black half white bear with one vicious eye and exaggerated fangs on that side?
            You get to pick what the mutations that make up the mix are.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can you include 0-dot Merits, such as Hideous, in mutation packages from Charms like Chima-Soul Expression or Perfected Hybrid Interaction?

Comment

• Originally posted by The MG View Post
                Can you include 0-dot Merits, such as Hideous, in mutation packages from Charms like Chima-Soul Expression or Perfected Hybrid Interaction?
                Yep! 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Scottsman View Post
                  For animal forms with Berserker, obviously the extra dice count as from charms, but does the negation of wound penalties also count, or does the Lunar get that for free?
                  Negating penalties doesn't count as Charm dice.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizu View Post
                    If it turns out it will be awhile until we get abyssals have you considered introducing necromancy in a supplement then using Abyssals to add more spells and initiations? I don't remember the order we were given most recently but in another topic someone told me they are behind Exigents, Sidereal, and the Getimian in the production order so optimistically thats about a 3 year wait. Thats a long time for us to not get official stuff on the 4th thing exalted can use to reach outside their natural charm set and theme.
                    It's possible, but there are some complications that make doing it less attractive.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post

How does this work in actual numbers.

Say Great Cat has 13 dice to attack with claw.

Shifter Lunar has 3 Dex and he pulls in another Attribute, say 2 Wits, and he has 3 Brawl.

So his base Dice Pool Would be 6 (Dex + Brawl) his Dicepool with his Dex Excellency would be 9 (Dex + Dex + Brawl) and his stunted dice pool with his Wits and Dex would be 11 (Wits + Dex + Dex + Brawl)

So by my understanding, when Shifting Lunar becomes a Big Cat he could use a max dice pool of 11, and not the 13 the actual cat attacks with?

1. Is this correct or am I off my rocker?
                      2. What if the stunt in Strength which is 5, would the get the full 13 dice pool then?

Many thanks for the clarification.
                      Anything over his 6 base dice would count towards his cap. If his cap is adding 5 dice, he won't be able to go above 11. If he raises his cap to 8, then he'd enjoy the great cat's full pool, and could add one more die on top of it with Excellencies.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• To change the subject from Lunars for a moment, I know the schedule of splat books, but is there a schedule more generally?

Dragonblood: What Fire Has Wrought I assume is next.

And I assume after that it's the Realm? Or Heirs to the Shogunate? One, then the other?

And then... Across the Eight Directions? Or is that scheduled after Lunars?

Or are splatbooks and non-splatbooks on completely different schedules? So that all you can say is Across the Eight Directions is scheduled after the Realm, but it has no relation to Lunars?

My characters:
                        Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                        Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          Anything over his 6 base dice would count towards his cap. If his cap is adding 5 dice, he won't be able to go above 11. If he raises his cap to 8, then he'd enjoy the great cat's full pool, and could add one more die on top of it with Excellencies.
                          Can the Lunar in this case decides which Attribute he wants in his (Attribute + Attribute) cap? In the example I gave, Wits is a bad choice but Strength is much better, can the Lunar (or the player) just decide to make the cap whichever pair of Attribute he wants? (The caveat being one of the Attributes has to be the one in the original dice pool)?

Comment

• Do Casteless Lunars pick any favoured attributes? I assumed they didn't, but the text concerning getting your tattoos in play makes me suspect I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                              To change the subject from Lunars for a moment, I know the schedule of splat books, but is there a schedule more generally?

Dragonblood: What Fire Has Wrought I assume is next.

And I assume after that it's the Realm? Or Heirs to the Shogunate? One, then the other?

And then... Across the Eight Directions? Or is that scheduled after Lunars?

Or are splatbooks and non-splatbooks on completely different schedules? So that all you can say is Across the Eight Directions is scheduled after the Realm, but it has no relation to Lunars?
                              Barring unforeseen circumstances, I expect actual publication order (based on the order we're developing them in) to be Dragon-Blooded, The Realm, Lunars, Heirs to the Shogunate, Across the Eight Directions.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Edit: nm, it's addressed in the text later on
                                Last edited by armyofwhispers; 02-19-2019, 12:21 PM.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

Working...
                                X