X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Getimians and Liminals currently slated to get hardbacks or softbacks?

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post
      Are Getimians and Liminals currently slated to get hardbacks or softbacks?
      We're thinking softbacks, although this is subject to change.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• I love what I'm seeing in Lunars so far. I never got into them in 2E but I'm really excited by what I'm seeing now.

Unrelated to that, however:
        1) Does a DB with Root-And-Hand Merging and paired weapons get to use it twice for +2 parry?

Alternately, must they use it twice to ensure that both weapons receive the +2 difficulty to disarming them? Or is it more abstract, and a single use of the charm is intended to cover whatever is in her hands at the time?

2) If a solar uses Flawless Diagnosis Technique on an Abyssal, what might they be able to deduce about the Abyssal's condition? Suppose the Abyssal in question is healthy aside from whatever their fundamental nature is, and isn't hiding anything about their day-to-day life but isn't talking about the events that led to their becoming a deathknight?

Comment

• Are Lunar Universal charms Favoured or Unfavoured?

I guess RAW it doesn't say they're Favoured anywhere, presumably making them Unavoured, but I wanted to check.

My characters:
          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• If your character starts at essence 2, do you just count as having the amount of xp needed to be essence 2?

Comment

• Another question, do the venomous merit poisons work outside of combat.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                Are Lunar Universal charms Favoured or Unfavoured?

I guess RAW it doesn't say they're Favoured anywhere, presumably making them Unavoured, but I wanted to check.
                Favored. I'll make sure it's clarified somewhere.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                  If your character starts at essence 2, do you just count as having the amount of xp needed to be essence 2?
                  No, you start with 0 XP. The XP requirements to advance are adjusted downward correspondingly.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                    Another question, do the venomous merit poisons work outside of combat.
                    Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Yes. 10char
                      How long does that usually last? Like if you paralyze someone how long is it? Also, what counts as a magical animal versus a mutated one?

Comment

• I asked a while back about how Ebon Shadow's Seven Points of Weakness Strike interacts with the fact that most QC's don't break down their soak values into armored/unarmored rates. Your response at the time was:

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        As nalak mentions, "armored soak" refers solely to soak added by wearing literal armor.
                        I was wondering if the fact that you're adding the carapace/shell mutation to make 'armored' soak values not provided by literal armor means you'd still give the same answer with regard to Seven Points of Weakness Strike and animal QC's like Armored Terrors and Pestletails?
                        Last edited by serGregness; 02-19-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• I know you didn’t write it, but do you have an opinion on what Cup Boils Over is actually... good for? The length of time it would take to destroy every intimacy makes it seem pretty useless to me as a means of assassination.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Can you combine your caste fixing tattoos with an artifact tattoo, either when your caste is fixed or later on?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                              Can you combine your caste fixing tattoos with an artifact tattoo, either when your caste is fixed or later on?
                              When it comes to defining how you want your character to look—which is really the only impact I see this having?—we like to give players a very free hand.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                                I know you didn’t write it, but do you have an opinion on what Cup Boils Over is actually... good for? The length of time it would take to destroy every intimacy makes it seem pretty useless to me as a means of assassination.
                                Cup Boils Over is what folks who play Magic: the Gathering would call a "Johnny" effect. Its whole purpose is to challenge you to find a way to use it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X