• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Where does Yozi venom come from?
    Yozis, one assumes.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is there currently any thought to providing Charm guidelines for the optional Exalt types in Exigents? Given that it's only an appendix, I'd guess we're not getting anything remotely like a full Charm set for them, but maybe some sort of idea for what is appropriate to build ourselves?

Comment

• Originally posted by memeala View Post
        Is there currently any thought to providing Charm guidelines for the optional Exalt types in Exigents? Given that it's only an appendix, I'd guess we're not getting anything remotely like a full Charm set for them, but maybe some sort of idea for what is appropriate to build ourselves?
        The plan is to provide some inspiration for folks who want to homebrew them more extensively.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Yozis, one assumes.
          I mean, yeah, but when an assassin slips a dose of Yozi venom into a tyrant's wine-bottle, where did he get it from? How easily is it obtained? Can a sorcerer ask a blood ape to fetch him some, or will it take a Second or Third Circle demon to acquire it?

My assumption would be that it's something harvested from the titanic bodies of the Yozis via secret techniques known only to certain demons, who even then harvest it only carefully. Does that sound about right?

​(In my old game, Makarios sold Barbus a draught of venom that'd been distilled to let him dose himself with the stuff every day for two weeks, and if the poison didn't kill him outright, he would develop the Toxin Resistance Merit. I used the stats for Yozi venom, but I figured Makarios was influential enough to have some.)
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-26-2019, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Are there a pair of God Kicking Boots in the Artifact chapter of Fangs at the Gate?

Comment

• There are a number of Charms that have to be used on your first turn or immediately after Joining Battle. Yet there are also times, most commonly involving stealth, that Join Battle is rolled yet a fight hasn’t actually broken out yet. How reasonable would it be to rule that, for example, you can use Step Between Seconds on your first turn after breaking stealth/being spotted despite it technically being your fifth turn by then, and does the answer to that question change depending on whether you’ve had Stalking Wolf Attitude active?

Comment

• Is there a guideline for what happens when a player activates a Perilous charm with a duration longer than Instant, and is crashed before the duration ends? I've been assuming that for scene-length charms, the charm only ends if it says a crash ends it, but that the player doesn't get the benefits of the charm until they come out of crash again; I'm less sure about denying the benefits of tick-long or "until next turn" defenses if the player is crashed after they are activated. Is that correct?

And then there are a handful of specific oddities:

Aura of Invulnerability (WFHW pg. 245) grants additional temporary health levels and soak for a scene. I'm assuming that the player loses the soak while in crash, but what happens with the health levels? Do they fade, dumping the damage into the normal damage track as if the charm ended? Are they just unavailable until the character comes out of crash, retaining any damage they had already taken? Or unaffected by being in crash?

Unbinding the Inner Flame (WFHW pg. 222) grants a number of benefits including one mote and one initiative every turn, but notes that the initiative is not gained when in crash. Does that mean that all the other benefits besides the initiative are retained in crash?

Karvara's Final Fury Rampage (AotC pg. 173) presumably loses the +2 initiative per turn while in crash, but does it retain the ability to act without being attuned, or does crashing it end it's rampage?

Thanks!

Comment

• What are the form weapons for laughing monster?

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                    What are the form weapons for laughing monster?
                    You'll see any minute now...

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Wandering View Post
                      Is there a guideline for what happens when a player activates a Perilous charm with a duration longer than Instant, and is crashed before the duration ends? I've been assuming that for scene-length charms, the charm only ends if it says a crash ends it, but that the player doesn't get the benefits of the charm until they come out of crash again; I'm less sure about denying the benefits of tick-long or "until next turn" defenses if the player is crashed after they are activated. Is that correct?
                      Unless a Perilous Charm specifies, it doesn't end or stop providing any of its benefits while you're crashed — you just can't activate it while in crash.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                        Are there a pair of God Kicking Boots in the Artifact chapter of Fangs at the Gate?
                        No, although there is a trait line for iron boots.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Cryptic Insights (••): Once per story, the sorcerer may confer with Mishiko when she rolls to introduce a fact, adding (higher of Essence or 3) non-Charm successes and waiving the need for an applicable Lore background, drawing instead on the ghost’s poem-prophecies.

Am I missing something or has All-Knowing Enlightened Sovereign been made available as a 2 dot merit?

Comment

• Bonus dice from Charms count as Charm dice, right? I am a bit confused because some Charms say "add (Whatever) bonus die" and other just "add (Whatever) die" and wanted to know if there is a difference.

I hadn´t noticed this before Lunars... XD

Comment

• With today's manuscript release we add Centipede Style to the lineup, and I'm loving its flavor. Which begs the most important question, when are we getting Scorpion, Toad, and Lizard to finish out the mob?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
                                Bonus dice from Charms count as Charm dice, right? I am a bit confused because some Charms say "add (Whatever) bonus die" and other just "add (Whatever) die" and wanted to know if there is a difference.

I hadn´t noticed this before Lunars... XD
                                Yes. We've gone from "(Whatever) bonus dice" to "(Whatever) dice" in situations where it reads cleanly to save wordcount.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X