This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    A player asked me, and I couldn't recall finding it in the book, so I figured I'd ask here...

Are the children of slaves in the Realm likewise slaves?
    Reposting. I told the player that I suspect the answer is "Yes," but I just wanted to be sure.

Comment

• So I'm a bit confused by one charm from the backer charms book- specifically, Faster Than Self Technique, which says that the user is treated as being a Size 2 battle group, but then the charm later says use the character's regular pools. Do the size bonuses apply to attack/damage/soak? Or is it just to give you the chance at another magnitude track and make it feel bigger?

Comment

• Repeating my admonition from earlier, this is an "Ask the devs thread", if you aren't a developer or writer for the line please refrain from answering questions. Darksider
        Last edited by Darksider; 05-11-2017, 07:13 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Monkey Leap Technique lets you jump a full range band with your reflexive movement action, without needing a roll or anything. It doesn't change basic rules of movement like needing to disengage to use that reflexive movement action.

Wait, wouldn't that mean that Leaping Dodge Method also requires you to disengage?

Current project: Stranger Creations, unofficial settings and NPCs for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin_Fredericks View Post

Wait, wouldn't that mean that Leaping Dodge Method also requires you to disengage?
            Monkey Leap Technique enhances your basic move action for the turn, which is subject to the disengage requirement. Leaping Dodge Method doesn't, and isn't.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              Monkey Leap Technique enhances your basic move action for the turn, which is subject to the disengage requirement. Leaping Dodge Method doesn't, and isn't.
              Can this be extrapolated to other Charms? As in "other Charms that don't consume, or work like your basic, move action", hypothetical as they may be (none come immediately to mind)?

Comment

• I need help settling a bet. Can the Neoma use Seductive shapechange to change into any kind of human form, foregoing the +2 to appareance and other effects, since it isnt being directed to a single person, and using it to pass as a human? (Or to steal someone identity)
                Last edited by Shaddar; 05-11-2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                  I need help settling a bet. Can the Neoma use Seductive shapechange to change into any kind of human form, foregoing the +2 to appareance and other effects, since it isnt being directed to a single person, and using it to pass as a human? (Or to steal someone identity)
                  As per the text, "Its demonic nature remains recognizable"; it can alter its appearance to match another character's desires, but it will still look like a neomah.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

....still look like a neomah.
                    Bald, purple and androgynous ? That doesn't sound very hot.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen View Post
                      Bald, purple and androgynous ? That doesn't sound very hot......
                      Hairless and violet, yes; androgynous, no. Like the text says, the neomah can change their sexual characteristics, which isn't just a matter of genital-having.
                      Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 05-12-2017, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• At some point in the future I want my players to encounter one of the still "living" primordials. So, how do I portray such a strange entity in 3E? I know they are huge and should have several world changing powers that fit to the scope of their being, but nothing more really.

Comment

• In Ex3, every Martial Art is based around a theme. Snake wants to be at (or transfer to) a higher Initiative, Ebon Shadow wants to attack from surprise, Black Claw wants to create/manipulate/leverage intimacies, etc.

You've said you wanted to use Mantis in the DB book, which excites me! But I remember Mantis being one of the more boring examples of "a collection of broadly applicable abilities" in MAs, with very few defining traits. What do YOU see as Mantis' "thing" in your design? What is a Mantis practitioner trying to do mechanically, expressed throughout the style?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• In a previous question about the Calendar of Setesh remaining in 3e, you hinted the Underworld is due for some canonical changes. Reading the setting info in 3e, the Underworld seems to be more reminiscent of the Labyrinth than the Underworld of 2e in that it is a realm of nightmares and 'underworlds' for particular cultures. Is this my misreading, or is this something to look forward to ?

Comment

• Good afternoon everybody. For Silver-Voiced Nightingale, can Voice of the Night Bird be used to flurry dance-based performance actions? It seems like it would be but I am not sure if it is restricted to using the kiai as the social influence medium.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                                In Ex3, every Martial Art is based around a theme. Snake wants to be at (or transfer to) a higher Initiative, Ebon Shadow wants to attack from surprise, Black Claw wants to create/manipulate/leverage intimacies, etc.

You've said you wanted to use Mantis in the DB book, which excites me! But I remember Mantis being one of the more boring examples of "a collection of broadly applicable abilities" in MAs, with very few defining traits. What do YOU see as Mantis' "thing" in your design? What is a Mantis practitioner trying to do mechanically, expressed throughout the style?
                                Ex3 Mantis style draws on the same general theme as the Ex1 style, but I'm grounding it in a combination of real-life Northern Praying Mantis and Silat. It's focused on grappling, joint locks, and using defense to set up your offense.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X