Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the -3 penalty to making a social action against multiple targets apply specifically to multiple characters and multiple unique NPCs or do you also apply it to a social action targeting a generic group like a mob or battlegroup of bandits?

Comment

• Originally posted by Electro View Post
      One Weapon, Two Blows lets you make an attack with Melee after making an attack that knocks someone below you in Initiative. Does the first attack also have to be with Melee?
      Using the thread search gives this question being asked here. Scrolling down from there yields this answer.

So yes, it has to be in Melee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        I suggest using it exactly as written in the core, including that it counts towards dice caps.
        Can I double-like this?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

In my own game, I let the Eclipse do this once, and then decided that letting Living Shadow Preparedness break dice caps on Join Battle is, uh, bad. I highly recommend treating it as a bonus from Charms, as it's written.
          This is basically the same problem as the combination of Soul-Bracing Momentous Power and Memory-Reweaving Discipline. Using other charm like "Respect-Commanding Attitude" and "Impassioned Orator Technique" further extend the power of the combo, apart from the "fate-shifting solar earring".

The complete combination guarantees more than 15 successes, which is the maximum I can apply for mental defense. Adding the fact that the combination extends the effect by essence days.

Or I am forced to put effect to immunize the NPC and let the scene roll, which will frustrate the player or he will simple finalize everything in a speech.

Should this combination really be allowed? Soul-Bracing Can Momentous Power really magnify the power of Memory-Reweaving Discipline by keeping the target for the essence days without being able to break the effet of memory-reweaving?

Comment

• Originally posted by SpruceStripedGoose View Post
            Does the -3 penalty to making a social action against multiple targets apply specifically to multiple characters and multiple unique NPCs or do you also apply it to a social action targeting a generic group like a mob or battlegroup of bandits?
            The former. If you try to persuade a mob to stop with a role against a "group" Resolve, no penalty. If you're trying to persuade both the mob and the Solar who riled them up, you'd take the penalty.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Hey Vance end I've got two quick ones. Firstly is the only way to activate crane style reflexively to have an enemy at the same initiative as you fail a decisive against you? It seems very difficult compared to some of the others but also Crane style doesn't suffer as much from using its first action to activate the form.

Also when a crane form counterattack happens does it resolve before your enemy's damage or after?

Comment

I suggest using it exactly as written in the core, including that it counts towards dice caps.
                So does the Backer Charm Stalking Shadow Spirit Grant charm or Non Charm Dice to stealth rolls?

Comment

• Not sure whether to ask Robert Vance or Eric Minton this question, but why don't Sidereals have a Totemic/Iconic Anima Banner? I know that this is a holdover from previous editions and was in place long before either of you worked for the line, but why keep it?

Comment

Just because something isn't thaumaturgy doesn't mean it's entirely bullshit.

On the other hand, Ex3 thaumaturgy is much more conducive to a setting where fakers and charlatans ply their trade.
                    Is mortal Astrology just a thing you can do as an Occult roll and potentially get useful results from or is it a form of Thaumaturgy that you need the special birth to be able to learn?

Placeholder

Comment

The self-crash penalty doesn't apply if you're already in crash, yeah.

So does that mean you can use Disengage while in Crash? Whether that is the case is somewhat ambiguous in the core, and it's been discussed around here a few times without a definitive answer.

Edit: just to be clear, I understand that your answer wasn't directly referencing Disengage happening in crash, but that was the initialy provided example and it wasn't corrected.
                      Last edited by MoroseMorgan; 05-15-2017, 01:12 AM.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Can we ask what the form weapons will be for Mantis Style?

Comment

• With the Charms Glorious Solar Saber, Glorious Solar Plate and Immaculate Golden Bow note that for additional purchases you can add custom evocations to them. Since it says additional purchases it seems you have to spend non-Solar XP on these Evocations, but do you think anything would break if I allowed people to use solar xp to purchase evocations for them at the normal 10xp?

Comment

• Originally posted by Korax View Post
                            Can we ask what the form weapons will be for Mantis Style?

Would it be alright for me to also ask what form weapons Golden Janissary style has/will have? =)

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post

So does that mean you can use Disengage while in Crash? Whether that is the case is somewhat ambiguous in the core, and it's been discussed around here a few times without a definitive answer.

Edit: just to be clear, I understand that your answer wasn't directly referencing Disengage happening in crash, but that was the initialy provided example and it wasn't corrected.
                              Yes, you can disengage in crash. It causes you to lose Initiative, but doesn't have an Initiative cost.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronze Tiger View Post
                                With the Charms Glorious Solar Saber, Glorious Solar Plate and Immaculate Golden Bow note that for additional purchases you can add custom evocations to them. Since it says additional purchases it seems you have to spend non-Solar XP on these Evocations, but do you think anything would break if I allowed people to use solar xp to purchase evocations for them at the normal 10xp?
                                Using Solar XP to buy Evocations for Glorious Solar Saber et al is fine.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X