This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Korax View Post
    Can we ask what the form weapons will be for Mantis Style?
    Currently: Unarmed "mantis hook" strikes, batons, knives, sickles, staffs, seven-section staffs, and war fans.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim View Post

Would it be alright for me to also ask what form weapons Golden Janissary style has/will have? =)
      Currently: Unarmed, polearms, spears, and staffs.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Always great to see knife-fighting and staff-fighting in MA. There really wasn't enough in 2nd ed.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

Will it be compatible with Righteous Devil, using a bayonet with your firewand?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Is more overlap between style weapons a concern as you go forward? In core, I think there's only one weapon that works with more than one style. I've assumed it was to give unarmed martial arts an edge.

Comment

• Well, there's a few more than that, if you count steel devil styles "anything as long as you're holding two of them".

Comment

• If you use Perfect Strike Discipline with Iron Whirlwind Attack, does the Excellency generated by that Charm apply to every attack made by IWA like other Supplemental Charms do or does it only apply to one attack?

Comment

• My question isn't a mechanical one.

Please correct if any of the following are wrong:
                  1. Not every god in Yu-Shan has a position in the Celestial Bureaucracy.
                  2. Most of the positions in the Celestial Bureaucracy are filled by gods.
                  3. Some elementals hold office in the Celestial Bureaucracy.
                  4. It would be unthinkable/abhorent for something other than a spirit to hold a position in the Celestial Bureaucracy.
                  5. A ghost, such as that of an honored ancestor, could not hold office in the Celestial Bureaucracy.

Comment

• 1. Not every god in Yu-Shan has a position in the Celestial Bureaucracy.
                    Correct. Slums full of unemployed gods and such.

2. Most of the positions in the Celestial Bureaucracy are filled by gods.
                    Yep.

3. Some elementals hold office in the Celestial Bureaucracy.
                    Yep, like Fakharu.

4. It would be unthinkable/abhorent for something other than a spirit to hold a position in the Celestial Bureaucracy.
                    It's definitely an anomaly, but I don't know that it'd be unthinkable—for instance, in Chinese mythology, defeated enemies of the gods like Sun Wukong were often appointed positions in the celestial bureaucracy to reform them. I don't want to close off the possibility of that completely.

5. A ghost, such as that of an honored ancestor, could not hold office in the Celestial Bureaucracy.
                    Not without some weird stuff going on, but see above.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Morty View Post
                      Is more overlap between style weapons a concern as you go forward? In core, I think there's only one weapon that works with more than one style. I've assumed it was to give unarmed martial arts an edge.
                      It's a consideration you have to factor in, but not one that concerns me.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Note that in regard to whether non-spirits can be part of the Celestial Bureaucracy, the Sidereals belong to the Bureau of Destiny.
                        Last edited by Eric Minton; 05-15-2017, 04:24 PM.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• If I want to grant a power to a bloodline, would this up the Ambition or Level of a working?
                          Like, all memembers of this blood line can now turn into giant wolfs at night, should they wish.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Nice. I'd personally add some kind of swords to it at my own table, just to allow it to round out the Four Great Weapons thing. Mostly since it's replacing Five-Dragon Style.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• Would it be possible to make an artifact weapon that has the ability to transform into different form weapons depending on the martial art you are employing.

Asking because the talk of martial arts form weapons and someone asking the question of whether RD artifact gun equipped with bayonet would be able to be used with golden janissary, (since the rd form says that the weapon would count as being a spear) made me think of the transforming weapon that pyhhra nikos wields in rwby which has the ability to change from a rifle to a sword to a spear.

Comment

It's a specific capacity that might be possessed by demons, ghosts, etc. There's not a one-size-fits-all possession effect.
                                Nine Specters Ban causes that if a immaterial spirit wants to attack me, it has to pay an extra WP. Is this also for that specific spirit that has a charm that allows it to attack from immaterial?

And while we are with spirits and occult.

Im i getting right that Spirit-Repelling Diagram doesnt help if you are being attacked by material spirits?
                                The effect of Immortal Soul Vigil is that, when someone meets the spirit i can automatically astral project to the location of the target, no matter where i am.
                                Can the exalted, or at least some of them, be able to become patrons of elementals or demons, and have the ability to rez them?

Comment

Working...
                                X