Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the area east of Fortitude still Kunlun?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
      If I want to grant a power to a bloodline, would this up the Ambition or Level of a working?
      Like, all memembers of this blood line can now turn into giant wolfs at night, should they wish.

I had this same doubt plus some.
      How do i up the level of a working if i try to increase the scale of the working or i create a system?
      If instead of granting a mutation, i create a lake that mutates people who submerge in it into a Deep One, or if i want to grant supernatural powers to your close followers (and when you become power mad, to your army), and the one i had more discussions, if i want to create a fountain inside a dark cave, and people who manage to pass the deadly test to reach it, can drink from it and gain power over darkness and shadow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
        I had this same doubt plus some.
        How do i up the level of a working if i try to increase the scale of the working or i create a system?
        If instead of granting a mutation, i create a lake that mutates people who submerge in it into a Deep One, or if i want to grant supernatural powers to your close followers (and when you become power mad, to your army), and the one i had more discussions, if i want to create a fountain inside a dark cave, and people who manage to pass the deadly test to reach it, can drink from it and gain power over darkness and shadow.
        There's no generic way to do scale increases. It's of course going to be higher than the base effect, but ultimately it's a conversation to have with your Storyteller.

Creating a mystic lake that mutates those who bathe it (i.e. grants supernatural merits) strikes me as an Ambition 2-3 Celestial Working, depending on the specifics. Granting magical powers on a mass scale, like the wolf-shifter bloodline or the trial that grants shadow-power, is probably an Ambition 1 Solar Working.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          There's no generic way to do scale increases. It's of course going to be higher than the base effect, but ultimately it's a conversation to have with your Storyteller.

Creating a mystic lake that mutates those who bathe it (i.e. grants supernatural merits) strikes me as an Ambition 2-3 Celestial Working, depending on the specifics. Granting magical powers on a mass scale, like the wolf-shifter bloodline or the trial that grants shadow-power, is probably an Ambition 1 Solar Working.

Now im kind of using you to break a tie in the group.
          A man eating forest that spawns demons. Celestial 3 or Solar 1? (The idea for Celestial 3 is that the forest is something like a 2CD thats dedicated to creating other demons)
          Dissolving a part of creation to create a pocket of Chaos so that the solar can use wyld shaping. We move between Celestial 2 to Solar 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
            A man eating forest that spawns demons. Celestial 3 or Solar 1? (The idea for Celestial 3 is that the forest is something like a 2CD thats dedicated to creating other demons)
            Solar 1. There aren't many Second Circle Demons with geographic manifestations.

Dissolving a part of creation to create a pocket of Chaos so that the solar can use wyld shaping. We move between Celestial 2 to Solar 1.
            An Ambition 3 Celestial Working can open a gateway into other realms of existence, so that sounds about right for creating a small Wyld zone. Certainly there's no way that could possibly go wrong!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can I use a celestial or solar working to make someone who is a normal Human into a essence user? If so what would their essence pool be like Mist the Eternal Revolutionary essence x10 personal motes? Can I make a familiar animal with a essence pool? If so what level working would that be?

Edit: What essence do the being you make with a celestial/Solar working start at?
              Last edited by WalkingEye; 05-18-2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• What Level do you feel an artifact would need to be to give it some influence over a Solar's Anima Effects?

Like Can I make a Item that allows a night castes circle to be able to recognize her when she is full anima. Or a Sword that was able to allow a zenith to use his ability to purify corpses at mass and allowing you to use the intimacies of the deceased as fuel for evocations that are to be used against the one who caused the deceased to suffer?

Would this be a chain of evocations that flow after a solar charm Or are such concentrated Artifacts that only effect a specific caste of solar not really in fold with how you guys view artifacts?

Comment

• First really liking the idea of the aura charms. It seemed a little disappointing in 2nd how DBs had an anima banner that was inherantly a weapon, but nothing ever came from it aside from needing special gear to prevent killing their horse or the like. This seems like an excellent idea as a sort outgrowth of the elemental connection and trying to rein in the more dangerous and destructive aspects of the banner. I mean I'm likely reading the wrong stuff into it, but still it is a nice idea and it feels like something unique to DBs.

I do have one question I'm a little curious on. Why does Mela's Hungry Jaw end if victim spots the DB? Like is there an in universe explanation for it yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                    Can I use a celestial or solar working to make someone who is a normal Human into a essence user? If so what would their essence pool be like Mist the Eternal Revolutionary essence x10 personal motes? Can I make a familiar animal with a essence pool? If so what level working would that be?
                    You can't turn humans or animals into generic Essence users, because there isn't any such thing.

If you want to confer supernatural powers on someone or transform them into a magical entity, and you and your Storyteller decide that Charms and a mote pool is a good way to represent that power, that's totally fine.

Edit: What essence do the being you make with a celestial/Solar working start at?
                    No Essence requirement. A mortal sorcerer can attempt a Solar Circle working.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thanks for the Answers

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        Solar 1. There aren't many Second Circle Demons with geographic manifestations.
                        A Demon Spawning Demon, who isnt a geographic manifestations would still be inside the Celestial 3?

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        An Ambition 3 Celestial Working can open a gateway into other realms of existence, so that sounds about right for creating a small Wyld zone. Certainly there's no way that could possibly go wrong!
                        Out of curiosity, what would be the higher phase that you could do with that size? We are aiming to 4, to be able to make MM.

Comment

• One of my players has this question to ask.

At what level is it not within the spirit of the game to treat something as a familiar for the purpose of survival charms? He basically wants to know if it is against the scope of when the charms was written for them to be affecting something like Proto Puma Prime? And if so is creating something Like Proto Puma Prime within the reach of Solar level Sorcery?

Comment

• Can sentient animals be familars? Sorcerer here looking to endow his ape buddy with full intellect, and have player trying to get his godblooded familar to be a god.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Ooh, asking about familiars has reminded me of something.

If you are a Twilight, and you wack a spirit with being a Familiar, does that give them an intimacy?
                              The reason I ask mainly, is if a Twilight does this to a bound demon who's been ordered to attack them, is it going to stop the demon because their new intimacy conflicts with the binding intimacy? Or not?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• I hope we're not overwhelming you with all these questions Vance!

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Working...
                                X