Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are the lower souls of the yozis dependent on the existence of their higher souls for their existence or would say a second circle demon be capable of continuing to exist after either their yozi or 3rd circle progenitor ceases to exist

if the answer to that is no, then would it be possible for a lower soul be able to discover a way to unbind themselves from their masters, especially in a situation where they start to form their own opinions in ways that directly contradict their masters. potential example being through the binding of thier soul to the soul of another being?

Comment

• also do you imagine it being possible to reset the yozis and remake them as primordials, but in a place outside of creation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Nope. Redirecting a withering attack back on the character who made it ends up not doing anything to anyone's Initiative.
        Not doing anything? Shouldn't they get the 1i for hitting with a withering attack?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
        Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
        Some Lintha QCs
        A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

Yep. 10char.
          Isn't it kinda lame to have to devote two whole turns of combat to "getting mad" to activate bloodthirsty sword-dancer spirit? I feel like being a character fueled by rage is kinda thematically hindered by standing around. If I wanted to make sword dancer an upgrade charm or give it a special reflexive activation how should I go about doing that? Even the wording of the charm reads like it would be an upgrade if it was in any other tree.

Comment

• When making magical materials with Wyld Shaping Technique, does 'and so on' for the results of phase five and on mean that it doubles every phase or adds one talent every phase?

Comment

• Will arms of the Chosen cover artifacts that have no attunment allowing mortals to use them? In older editions some artifacts allowed for the commitment of a willpower point or just spending a willpower to activate the object for a day. Will similar objects be in Arms or if not how do you handle artifacts that normal people can use.

Also under your current evocation guidelines that will be available Arms cover how first age artiface artifacts work/their power scale?

Comment

• Originally posted by norraba View Post
                also do you imagine it being possible to reset the yozis and remake them as primordials, but in a place outside of creation?
                Nope. What's done is done.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So when you imagine Dragon Kings for Third Edition, will they retain Paths as the structure of their powers, or will they go with a new structure. If they keep Paths, do you have any thoughts on how you might update them to suit Third Edition's approach to things? Could there be more Paths?

Are Playable Dragon Kings still going to be Essence 2 and up, or will they start at E1 and go E1-E5? I noticed they were E2-E6 basically before, and it seems like a simple thing to change that.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Nope. What's done is done.
                    Would this same limitation be placed on the neverborn? Or are they capable of being revived?

And if not revived is it possible to completely unmake the yozis and the neverborn in the wyld, allowing them to return to their pre-primordial selves?

Comment

• Also the scroll of glorious divinity 2 hints at the fact that the solars might have spared the yozis from a final fate due to the fear that by killing them they would also be killing the principles that shape the world itself and prevent it from drifting into chaos.

What do you imagine would happen if all of the yozis were to perish?

Comment

• Do bonus dice added by things which aren't charms like Merits or stuff like the Honored Ancestor's Voice of the Oracle count against your dice cap?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

I'm not convinced that A is a valid expression of Solar prowess—it sounds more like sorcery's wheelhouse.

B is also a bit of a stretch—there's a big difference between being able to summon a daiklave from out of nowhere, and being able to summon a frigate out of nowhere—but I think Essence 4 would be a bit high for such an effect if it existed.

Do you have any suggestion for what Essence 4 or 5 Solar Sail Charms might look like? Or any other Ability whose Charms currently cap at Essence 3?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Since this might pop up in my campaign sooner or later: what happens if a sorcerer tries to send an Infallible Messenger to someone who's dead?

Chains of Silver and Blood, my current Ex3 campaign.
                            I do maps for your games!
                            Images 1, Images 2, Landscapes 1, Landscapes 2 and Musics from Creation.

Comment

• Hello again, we had another gaming session and more questions, this time less rule heavy

1. Is it possible to use sorcery in the underworld?

2. Is it possible to bring items that were created in the underworld (crops, wood, etc.) into creation, or would these fade away in the sunlight?

3. Is there anything hindering a daring merchant to bring goods (like clothing), in greater quantities into the underworld, where garments normally fetch a much higher price? (besides the undead themselves)

4. Can mortals sustain themselves with crops/fruits/water from the underworld? What about a tyrant lizard, is there enough game to hunt?

5. How much does the Immaculate Order know about the Underworld, or more precisely, a mortal priest/monk without a specialized background?

Comment

• Originally posted by norraba View Post
                                are the lower souls of the yozis dependent on the existence of their higher souls for their existence or would say a second circle demon be capable of continuing to exist after either their yozi or 3rd circle progenitor ceases to exist

if the answer to that is no, then would it be possible for a lower soul be able to discover a way to unbind themselves from their masters, especially in a situation where they start to form their own opinions in ways that directly contradict their masters. potential example being through the binding of thier soul to the soul of another being?
                                In past editions, there have been ways for demons to disentangle themselves from the soul hierarchies of the Yozis by various means - spiritual warping in the Wyld, Granalkin's entrancement and friendship with Luna that led him to break free of Mardukth and aid in slaying him, the sealed Astrological Charms of the Sidereal Exalted. While I can't say if any of these particular means will end up reappearing in Ex3, I like the narratives they leave open.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X