This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
    Does Nimble Reaving Wind, in Miracles of the Solar Exalted, consume the Solar's movement action for his turn?

Can the Solar still use a Rush, Disengage, or Take Cover action in a flurry with NRW's attack, with only the reflexive Move action being excluded?
    Yes, it counts as your reflexive move action for the turn. It's compatible (in a flurry) with other movement actions that can be used with your reflexive movement, so yes to rushes, but no to disengaging or taking cover.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by mizzlfoshizzl View Post
      Candent Carbuncle has two Evocations. Is it intended for its Hearthstone rating to limit unlocking more, or can I homebrew up some more firey, fisty, hadokeny goodness?
      Hearthstone Evocation cascades are self-contained, and can't be expanded, unlike those of artifacts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
        What is the dot level of the manse created by Manse-Raising Method ?
        I believe the reference to an "exceptional manse" refers to a five-dot manse, which is described as "raised atop an exceptionally powerful demesne."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          You have to declare Charms before making the roll unless they say otherwise, even if they're Reflexive.
          Specific to Perfect Shadow Stillness, doesn't the willpower cost and spirit (if not letter) of the charm indicate that you can see your first result before activating the charm?

Otherwise you're just paying a Willpower for what could easily be a worse roll on fewer dice.

Comment

• Originally posted by mizzlfoshizzl View Post

Specific to Perfect Shadow Stillness, doesn't the willpower cost and spirit (if not letter) of the charm indicate that you can see your first result before activating the charm?

Otherwise you're just paying a Willpower for what could easily be a worse roll on fewer dice.
            The wording "allows a reroll of any Stealth-based action," along with its Reflexive type, suggests to me that Perfect Shadow Stillness is used after the roll, not before. I guess that's a caveat to my broader statement.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yes, it counts as your reflexive move action for the turn. It's compatible (in a flurry) with other movement actions that can be used with your reflexive movement, so yes to rushes, but no to disengaging or taking cover.
              Then shouldn't this also apply to Thunderclap Rush Technique?

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              Because activating Thunderclap Rush Attack is what lets you act out of Initiative, I don't think it'd make sense to be able to take your movement action before you've used it (unless you're activating it on your own turn). It'd be reasonable to let the attack be flurried with a rush before you close in, or to let it be flurried with a disengage after you've closed in.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Do God-Blooded begin play at Essence 1? Does their Essence score remain static or can they raise it?

For their mote pool, would it be Essence x 10? Or more like ([Essence x 5] + 11) maybe? Was there a rhyme or reason for the Essence pools the various Exalted got?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• First off, wanted to thank you guys for such a rad thread. Exalted is a very dense (rich!) game with lots of mechanics interacting at once.

Couple brief questions about a couple Presence Charms for my Eclipse.

1. When enhancing another Solar party member with Empowering Shout or Favor-Conferring Prana, do the increased Attribute/Ability allow additional excellency dice, or do they actually count as dice added by a charm and count against the dice cap for Solar excellencies.

2. Underling-Promoting Touch has a cost of 7m, 1 wp and a duration of indefinite, granting a servant a handful of benefits. The charm does not, however, use the "commit" phrasing anywhere in it - do you have to commit 7m 1 wp for as long as you want the servant to be promoted?

3. Interacting with the above, Prophet-Uplifting Evocation states "... - granting [the prophet] a personal Essence pool of four motes plus up to five more, provided by the Solar upon using this Charm." While the 4m, 1wp, 2xp cost of this charm shouldn't be committed, are the additional (up to 5) motes granted at the prophet's creation?

I'm suspecting the answer to 2 and 3 are "Yes" but the wording isn't super clear to me, an Exalted newbie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    Then shouldn't this also apply to Thunderclap Rush Technique?
                    Thunderclap Rush gives you a free move that explicitly doesn't count as your movement action. Nimble Reaving Wind lets you use your reflexive move without being subject to requirements for disengaging. Two different effects.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Black-Forest View Post
                      1. When enhancing another Solar party member with Empowering Shout or Favor-Conferring Prana, do the increased Attribute/Ability allow additional excellency dice, or do they actually count as dice added by a charm and count against the dice cap for Solar excellencies.
                      Empowering Shout and Favor-Conferring Prana doesn't count towards the dice limit because it specifies it's a non-Charm bonus, but the bonus dots granted by them (or any other magic) don't raise dice caps.

2. Underling-Promoting Touch has a cost of 7m, 1 wp and a duration of indefinite, granting a servant a handful of benefits. The charm does not, however, use the "commit" phrasing anywhere in it - do you have to commit 7m 1 wp for as long as you want the servant to be promoted?
                      Yep. The mote cost of any Charm is is always committed for its duration (unless it has an Instant or Permanent duration).

3. Interacting with the above, Prophet-Uplifting Evocation states "... - granting [the prophet] a personal Essence pool of four motes plus up to five more, provided by the Solar upon using this Charm." While the 4m, 1wp, 2xp cost of this charm shouldn't be committed, are the additional (up to 5) motes granted at the prophet's creation?
                      Nope!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                        Do God-Blooded begin play at Essence 1?
                        Starting at Essence 1 is a good assumption for almost everyone, albeit not a universal one.

Does their Essence score remain static or can they raise it?
                        The rare God-Blooded that have mote pools (including player characters) almost certainly will.

For their mote pool, would it be Essence x 10? Or more like ([Essence x 5] + 11) maybe?
                        Undetermined.

Was there a rhyme or reason for the Essence pools the various Exalted got?
                        I believe it was based on their Essence calculations in past editions, assuming optimal Virtue ratings and whatnot.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Thunderclap Rush gives you a free move that explicitly doesn't count as your movement action. Nimble Reaving Wind lets you use your reflexive move without being subject to requirements for disengaging. Two different effects.
                          Thanks!

(ten count)

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                            Was there a rhyme or reason for the Essence pools the various Exalted got?
                            Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            I believe it was based on their Essence calculations in past editions, assuming optimal Virtue ratings and whatnot.
                            To clarify, I believe the intent was that if you wanted to convert your 1e/2e character over to 3e, your Essence pools would remain the same size (assuming optimal &etc. as noted above).

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Yep. The mote cost of any Charm is is always committed for its duration (unless it has an Instant or Permanent duration).

Nope!
                              I'm sorry, I phrased that poorly! Just to confirm, the additional (up to 5 motes of essence) are committed by the Solar when the charm is used, and thereafter available to the prophet as long as the solar holds those motes committed? It just seemed odd it didn't specifically mention committing those additional motes, since the charm duration is instant.

Comment

Working...
                              X