Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Factory Cathedrals back in Arms of the Chosen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      My current outline of the Lunar Charm set, for example, only has two proprietary keywords.
      Are either one of them "Gift"?

Can you talk a little about Deadly Beastman Transformation?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Mata-Yadh is a bit more powerful than a Second Circle Demon. Probably a Solar working with Ambition 2-3.

And the sorcery created, summoneable army?
        We are not sure how to balance size and the power of the unit. We have 2 axis, from size 1 to size 5, and power equivalent to a regular soldier to power equivalent to a blood ape.
        We dont know if size 1 regular soldier to size 5 blood ape is all inside celestial.

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
          Are Factory Cathedrals back in Arms of the Chosen?
          Follow-up... Even if they're not literal automated factories that can produce a Warstrider on its own, what about just the NAME for any major First Age Workshop? Because even if you don't agree with the assembly line or automated crafting in Exalted... Factory Cathedral's a freaking badass name.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Are the Yellow and the Yanaze Rivers the same thing?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              Are either one of them "Gift"?
              Nah.

Can you talk a little about Deadly Beastman Transformation?
              It's pretty damn cool.

(I know, I know. Anything in specific you're curious about?)

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                And the sorcery created, summoneable army?
                We are not sure how to balance size and the power of the unit. We have 2 axis, from size 1 to size 5, and power equivalent to a regular soldier to power equivalent to a blood ape.
                We dont know if size 1 regular soldier to size 5 blood ape is all inside celestial.
                Creating an army of mortal soldiers isn't something I'd let sorcery do. You'll want to use social influence to recruit, and War to train.

Creating supernatural monsters comparable to a First Circle Demon en masse? Call that a Storyteller call between an Ambition 3 Celestial working and an Ambition 1 Solar working.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Anything in specific you're curious about?)
                  ​Is Deadly Beastman Transformation liable to take the form of modelling the transformation by assigning a bunch of supernatural Merits?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  ​https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                    Are the Yellow and the Yanaze Rivers the same thing?
                    The Yellow River and the Gray River join at Nexus to form the Yanaze.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Nah.
                      Cool.

It's pretty damn cool.
                      Nice to hear.

I assume a Wolf Totem warform will be mechanically distinct from the stolen body of a mortal wolf-type beastman... but will the difference be visually obvious in the way that a daiklave is clearly not a normal sword?

More importantly, is there any drawback to DBT that would leave me with a reason to fight in the form of lions, bears, and crocodiles (anything smaller than Legendary Size)? The War Form can at least *hold* a daiklave, whereas generally only ape forms could employ Evocations. Excepting suits of Moonsilver armor that shift to cover animal forms, or telekinetically-wielded swords like in Okami.
                      Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 06-25-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Creating an army of mortal soldiers isn't something I'd let sorcery do. You'll want to use social influence to recruit, and War to train.

Creating supernatural monsters comparable to a First Circle Demon en masse? Call that a Storyteller call between an Ambition 3 Celestial working and an Ambition 1 Solar working.
                        Its not so much as creating an army of mortal soldiers than it is to slap their stats into something else, eg. puppets, living shadow, ink warriors, etc.

Is the power level between the different types of spirits equivalent? Can i use the Storm Mother and Garda Bird as examples to create demons and Fail Folk?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                          More importantly, is there any drawback to DBT that would leave me with a reason to fight in the form of lions, bears, and crocodiles (anything smaller than Legendary Size)? The War Form can at least *hold* a daiklave, whereas generally only ape forms could employ Evocations. Excepting suits of Moonsilver armor that shift to cover animal forms, or telekinetically-wielded swords like in Okami.
                          Yes. Creating a diverse variety of combat options is a very important design goal for Lunars.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

It's pretty damn cool.

Will there be an elaborate subsystem for making the hybrid form, or is it going to be simpler than in past editions?

Comment

Yes. Creating a diverse variety of combat options is a very important design goal for Lunars.
                              I am glad to hear that.

Would you rather remain silent on what the drawbacks of DBT are, compared to animal forms, or do you feel comfortable hinting at them?

Comment

• This has probably been noticed and answered before by somebody smarter than me, but how will DB dice adders interact with Solar charms like Hundred Shadow Ways? Will they count as "excellencies" for the purposes of charms that care? Im not sure if even Solars should be able to lock down charms that represent the most intrinsic powers of a exalt, which seems likely the reason that clause was added for excellencies in the fitst place.

Comment

Working...
                                X