This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    Are there countries besides Harborhead that are predominately African in cultural motifs (and in the physical appearance of their populace)? I don't think Harborhead is unsalvagable, but it is seriously problematic when it comes off as representative.
    Gem (and the surrounding regions named in its write-up); Ember; and some other places that we're in the initial design phases of for future setting books.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
      What is the effect of a 10 when you roll to recover experience with Mind Flowing Prana?

Do you roll for the total experience you commited or just the one you commited in the story?
      If i commit 10 exp in a story, recover 4 and in the next story i commit 5. Do i roll 5 dice or 11?

If the student becomes forever irrelevant for the campaing(he dies, or i abandon him and escape to the West), do i recover the commited XP?
      Part of this has been answered in this thread already. You roll every non-recovered committed exp until you recover it.

Second part wasn't asked. But since you can eventually recover that exp, and the complications of LSC, I would say that it doesn't matter if the student is irrelevant. The known way to recover the committed exp is insurance enough for it to not matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
        What is the effect of a 10 when you roll to recover experience with Mind Flowing Prana?
        Two successes, like normal.

Do you roll for the total experience you commited or just the one you commited in the story?
        If i commit 10 exp in a story, recover 4 and in the next story i commit 5. Do i roll 5 dice or 11?
        You roll for the total, so in your example, 11.

If the student becomes forever irrelevant for the campaing(he dies, or i abandon him and escape to the West), do i recover the commited XP?
        You roll to recover it normally, although a forgiving ST might give you the refund up front.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SoulGambit View Post
          Out of curiosity, what guidelines or design principles for Sidereal Martial Arts might you be willing to let slip, if any? Are they just Martial Arts that begin and/or end at a higher Essence requirement with esoteric technobabble-OK tags (and, if so, how does the scope of Essence 4-5 Martial Arts charms compare to Essence 4-5 Solar Charms)? I'd like things to chew on for some homebrew.

On a completely selfish note a Sidereal Martial Art would make for an excellent blog post, though I fully understand that it would distract from the products Onyx Path is currently trying to sell, so it's unlikely.
          I've been sketching out some ideas for what I think the mechanics of Sidereal Martial Arts will look like, but it's far too early to reveal them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeea View Post
            This sounds like a stupid question, but it's just a bit of curiosity for a possible "not quite worst case, but still rough" scenario. If I wanted to be a bit gonzo and pit a party of Solars against a Realm legion, with a chance for the Solars to actually win, how many battle groups would the regular troops be divided into and what size would they be? I'd guess the Dragon-Blooded officers would form another high Might battle group by themselves, with the leader and maybe a couple others being treated as individuals?

(I'm assuming this battle group wasn't specifically expecting to fight a circle of Solars and thus doesn't have a bunch of unusual forces along.)
            As the battle group section notes, Dragon-Blooded are essentially never fielded in large enough numbers to form battle groups in the Second Age - they should always be distinct characters.

A standard Imperial Legion has up to 5000 rank-and-file soldiers, which could be represented as one to five Size 5 battle groups, depending on the exact numbers, the level of challenge you wish to present and your willingness to keep track of multiple battle groups.

EDIT: Quoth Minton:

"A basic legion all in one place would probably be two or three Size 5 battle groups of line troops and two or three Size 5 battle groups of skirmishers. In the field this would also include an indeterminate number of auxiliaries — typically cavalry, but various sorts of foot troops are also possible."
            Last edited by Robert Vance; 07-07-2017, 05:14 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Which of the fictional animals native to the Exalted setting do you feel tastes best?

Comment

• Can you tell us what distinguishes Dragon-Blooded Melee Charms from Brawl, Thrown, and Archery Charms, now that each of these Abilities can have Charms of all five elemental Aspects?

The previous developers spoke about how Solar Brawl focused on gathering Initiative as quickly as possible but had terrible defense, while Solar Melee had excellent defense but a harder time generating Initiative, and Thrown was more about powerful alpha strikes at the beginning of fights or while attacking from stealth when it wasn't performing all sorts of situation-changing gambits.

Can you tell us if these strategies are the same for the Dragon-Blooded Charms, or what any differences might be?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                  Can you tell us what distinguishes Dragon-Blooded Melee Charms from Brawl, Thrown, and Archery Charms, now that each of these Abilities can have Charms of all five elemental Aspects?

The previous developers spoke about how Solar Brawl focused on gathering Initiative as quickly as possible but had terrible defense, while Solar Melee had excellent defense but a harder time generating Initiative, and Thrown was more about powerful alpha strikes at the beginning of fights or while attacking from stealth when it wasn't performing all sorts of situation-changing gambits.

Can you tell us if these strategies are the same for the Dragon-Blooded Charms, or what any differences might be?
                  I think of them as variations on the theme introduced in the Solar Charmset. In general, the roles they play are similar, but the tactical decision-making introduced by the Elemental Aura mechanic creates interesting differences.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do you still see Mnemon being high essence, or do you imagine she's likely to have capped at Essence 5 this edition, since she's mostly concerned with accumulating political power, not refining her essence?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      Do you still see Mnemon being high essence, or do you imagine she's likely to have capped at Essence 5 this edition, since she's mostly concerned with accumulating political power, not refining her essence?
                      I don't believe that there are currently any Essence 6+ Dragon-Blooded in the setting.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        Which of the fictional animals native to the Exalted setting do you feel tastes best?
                        Angler lizards.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          Angler lizards.
                          Can you remind me what kind of dinosaurs those are supposed to be?

Also, how easily can Dragon-Blooded raise up walls and bridges of earth and stone? Will Ramparts of Obedient Earth still be a War Charm rather than a Craft Charm?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                            Can you remind me what kind of dinosaurs those are supposed to be?
                            Tanystropheus

Also, how easily can Dragon-Blooded raise up walls and bridges of earth and stone? Will Ramparts of Obedient Earth still be a War Charm rather than a Craft Charm?
                            It's Earth's Signature War Charm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does a Nephwrack or the Doppelganger have to be materialized to use Nemissary's Ride on a corpse?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Wouldn't that defeat the point?

(technically a question!)

Comment

Working...
                                X