This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryoki View Post
    Under the effects of Acient Tongue Understanding (p. 356) the character can understand Old Realm. Does this also mean he/she can write and read it as well as any other spirit language he/she may encounter?
    Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      Where is Cherak supposed to be?
      On the north coast of the Inland Sea, between Pneuma and Medo.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        Are there any plans for mechanics for the non-Exalted superhumans of Volivat who can apparently hold their own against the Dragon-Blooded of Prasad and sorcerers of Ysyr?
        We hope to fit a Dreaming Sea setting book onto the schedule at some point, and such a book would cover those mechanics.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minty View Post
          Will there be any Spirit Charms with the Eclipse keyword in What Fire Hath Wrought?
          We don't have any spirit Charms in Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• That makes me wonder something.
            In the previous editions, Cherak was often alluded to, (for example, there's the section about House Ferem, and Scroll of Kings says they have a Shogun), but it never got a proper write-up.
            So, I wondered, while I assume you're not going to do write-ups for places like Whitewall or Gethemene (I have two editions of almost-identical write-ups on them, frankly I'm unlikely to buy a third one), will you do a Cherak write-up (eventually)?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              That makes me wonder something.
              In the previous editions, Cherak was often alluded to, (for example, there's the section about House Ferem, and Scroll of Kings says they have a Shogun), but it never got a proper write-up.
              So, I wondered, while I assume you're not going to do write-ups for places like Whitewall or Gethemene (I have two editions of almost-identical write-ups on them, frankly I'm unlikely to buy a third one), will you do a Cherak write-up (eventually)?
              There will be a one-page Cherak write-up in The Realm.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Do you imagine the Caul getting its own sourcebook, or would that be fit into the Lunars book?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                    Do you imagine the Caul getting its own sourcebook, or would that be fit into the Lunars book?
                    Caul material will be going into other books, rather than getting its own sourcebook.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Will the material on Stygia and the Dual Monarchs be revamped? I ask because I just reread the Ex2 Underworld book and saw a lot of missed opportunity there.

Craft rewrite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post
                        Will the material on Stygia and the Dual Monarchs be revamped? I ask because I just reread the Ex2 Underworld book and saw a lot of missed opportunity there.
                        3e coverage of Stygia and the Dual Monarchy is a long way off, but we have discussed them a little. They're definitely still around, but there will be some changes from prior presentations. We haven't yet developed anything to the extent that we can comfortably discuss it here, though.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• If a Solar using Hammer on Iron Technique has less initiative than the maximum number of attacks they're allowed to make (eg, someone with the upgrade charm trying to make the full six attacks while at base initiative), can they start some number of attacks with one initiative each and the rest with zero then have HoI raise the zero initiative attacks to one each with its equalising thing, or are they capped at making as many attacks as they have initiative? And if you can use it to make more attacks than you have initiative, can you do the same with other flurry charms that don't have the initiative equalising clause and thus make some number of zero initiative attacks (presumably intending to boost the damage of those attacks with other charms)?

Infernals - To Rule in Hell (complete first draft)
                          3e Dragon Kings (complete)
                          My martial arts (includes Eye of Heaven, White Veil, Obsidian Shards and more)

Comment

• Hi devs! First off, I know it's been a while now, but I wanted to join the choir of congratulations for your new positions.

Secondly, lately I'm re-reading some of the things Holden & Morke had in mind for this edition's setting, and I'm wondering: will you try to stick to them or do you have a different vision? Should I still assume that things are gonna be very different from 2nd Edition, that they will follow mostly Holden & Morke's thoughts, or do you have your own direction for the flavour and substance of Creation?

If the latter, did you ever make statements about it, and where can I read them?

And finally, just curious: do you guys envision Infernals still being chosen from those who fail spectactularly, or do you have something else in mind?

Sorry to bother you and thanks for your time, that is all! Thanks again!

Comment

• And thanks again for answering!

I'd second Lanaya's question. The combos possible with Hammer on Iron Technique on low initiative are extremely strong.

And then there would be an occult related question; There is the charm Dark-Minder’s Observances that allows you to learn thaumaturgic rituals without paying xp. But the book only has 5 rituals and I'm having real trouble to come up with rituals that are balanced with Thaumaturgy.

Do you have any tipps for creating these rituals? Fluff and mechanic wise?

Also more on a sidenote since my ST already made a decision about that, but does Dark-Minder’s Observances also remove the need for a teacher for these rituals?
                              Last edited by Ryoki; 07-14-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanaya View Post
                                If a Solar using Hammer on Iron Technique has less initiative than the maximum number of attacks they're allowed to make (eg, someone with the upgrade charm trying to make the full six attacks while at base initiative), can they start some number of attacks with one initiative each and the rest with zero then have HoI raise the zero initiative attacks to one each with its equalising thing, or are they capped at making as many attacks as they have initiative? And if you can use it to make more attacks than you have initiative, can you do the same with other flurry charms that don't have the initiative equalising clause and thus make some number of zero initiative attacks (presumably intending to boost the damage of those attacks with other charms)?
                                You can't make a 0 Initiative decisive attack.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X