Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the lesser elemental dragons still the pinnacle of elemental evolution or will there be cooler steps they can take that's doesn't turn them into the embodiment of elements rage?

Personally I'd like to see higher essence elemental with a ecology, sociology, society of their own instead of the auto smite of elemental of essence 5+

Craft rewrite.

Comment

• I the castebooks there were characters that were granted immortality by the Deathlords, is that SOlar Sorcery or a Deathlord special power?

Comment

• A Solar can be Persuaded to leave the Bloodthirsty Sword-Dance Spirit and cease fighting, or at least cease attempting to kill her opposition. Possibly she could be Threatened (such as the life of a loved one) or bargained (such as offered the name of the one who kidnapped a loved one) into abandoning her lust for death.

Could a Solar be pushed out of that state of mind through an Inspire action that seeks to provoke an opposing passion, such as Serenity?

Given that Battle-Fury Focus also says that it works through the Solar entering an enraged mindset, would it also be canceled by such a Passion?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Do charms that trigger on a crash have to be a crash caused by that ability if it doesnt specify? The specific example here would be Heaven Fury Smite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clownpiece View Post
            Do charms that trigger on a crash have to be a crash caused by that ability if it doesnt specify? The specific example here would be Heaven Fury Smite.
            For things like Heaven Fury Smite, where it's your own attack that has to crash them, yes, unless they explicitly specifies otherwise. Stuff like Finishing Snipe, which triggers when an enemy's crashed for any reason, isn't so limited.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              A Solar can be Persuaded to leave the Bloodthirsty Sword-Dance Spirit and cease fighting, or at least cease attempting to kill her opposition. Possibly she could be Threatened (such as the life of a loved one) or bargained (such as offered the name of the one who kidnapped a loved one) into abandoning her lust for death.
              Yeah.

Could a Solar be pushed out of that state of mind through an Inspire action that seeks to provoke an opposing passion, such as Serenity?
              If the Solar's player decides that's an appropriation response to the inspired passion (and is willing to eat the Initiative Crash).

Given that Battle-Fury Focus also says that it works through the Solar entering an enraged mindset, would it also be canceled by such a Passion?
              Nah—as above, the Solar's player might decide that's an appropriate response to the passion, but it doesn't do a straight-up dispel magic sort of thing.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                I the castebooks there were characters that were granted immortality by the Deathlords, is that SOlar Sorcery or a Deathlord special power?
                In Ex3, it could probably be either. I don't recall those specific characters from the Caste Books, so the specifics might change in translation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Blackheart from Caste Book: Zenith was given immortality by the Silver Prince, who surgically opened up his chest and sewed his shadow inside; Ocean Pearl managed to kill him when she Exalted.

Comment

• Will Arms address concepts for how a new Solar PC can have come into possession of their Artifact(s)? I know there's always the old standbuy of "you were drawn to the tomb of your past incarnation", I was just wondering if there might be more diversity than that.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      Blackheart from Caste Book: Zenith was given immortality by the Silver Prince, who surgically opened up his chest and sewed his shadow inside; Ocean Pearl managed to kill him when she Exalted.
                      That sounds like that could be a Necromantic Working, assuming that's a thing...

... is that a thing?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        There's a lot more Yozis than there are elements, which makes comparisons tricky, but in terms of what we've planned out, yes, an Ability can express multiple Yozi's themes.

Shintai will be their own animal.
                        As a bit on this, just an example based on the original backer preview. While there are Adorjan Charms, there might also be Stealth Charms inspired by the Ebon Dragon or Metagaos or something like that, yes? Or broader afield, Charms that just kind of by their own reflect general Infernal or Yozi concepts like Infernal Monster Style did for MAs in 2e or I would assume say, dancing is just a thing Yozis in general do?

And stuff.
                        Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

• Terrifying Battle Shriek in Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style has a Mastery effect of this:

Mastery: An enemy who yields to the Nightingale’s influence and retreats or cowers from her loses Initiative equal to her (Charisma/2). She does not gain this Initiative.

My new character's Charisma will be 5, so does my opponent lose 2 Initiative or 3 Initiative? The Charm does not specify which direction to round.

Another question related to the same Charm...

The martial artist rolls (Charisma + Performance) to intimidate a single enemy. A successful influence roll strikes fear into the enemy’s heart, forcing him to take a movement action on his next turn to move away from the martial artist or hide from her, if possible. Very weak or cowardly opponents may surrender or retreat entirely.

Let's suppose I am in close range to my opponent and succeed at intimidating them. Let's also suppose my opponent is in Initiative Crash. Since they are embattled, in order to move away from me, they would need to take a Disengage action. However, they cannot do so because the Disengage action requires them to spend 2 Initiative, which they don't have. What happens? Or, is losing 2 Initiative from the Disengage action simply a penalty that can be applied in negative Initiative, rather than a cost which must be paid to attempt the action?
                          Last edited by Iron Phoenix; 07-16-2017, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glamourweaver
                            I'm building a blind swordsman (Awareness Supernal Dawn, heavily invested in non-sight-based Awareness Charms). If I want him to be able to harm spirits in combat, the entry charm to get to Spirit-Cutting and Ghost-Eating is Spirit Detecting Glance. Is it fair in your opinion to reinterpret its granted ability to "see" spirits to apply to other sensory phenomena instead?
                            Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            Yeah.
                            Actually, that reminds me of something else I've wondered.
                            We always assumed that Spirit-Detecting Glance lets you see and hear spirits. So you could have a conversation with a dematerialised spirit without them having to appear (either in solid or in intangible form).
                            But it does just say it lets you "see" spirits, so maybe that's wrong?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                              Actually, that reminds me of something else I've wondered.
                              We always assumed that Spirit-Detecting Glance lets you see and hear spirits. So you could have a conversation with a dematerialised spirit without them having to appear (either in solid or in intangible form).
                              But it does just say it lets you "see" spirits, so maybe that's wrong?
                              Relatedly, the Apparition charm (re: Honoured Ancestor, Mortwright) allows ghosts to become visible, but not corporeal. Can they also speak, or must they use gestures to convey their intentions?

Comment

• Huh, I never thought of that, but it's a good question.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Working...
                                X