Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a reason old realm is so monolitihic across creation?

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

• What was the final decision with Dragon-Blooded and Jade? Resonant/neutral?

And stuff.
      Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
        What was the final decision with Dragon-Blooded and Jade? Resonant/neutral?
        Resonant with jade, dissonant with soulsteel, neutral with the other materials.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
          What was the final decision with Dragon-Blooded and Jade? Resonant/neutral?
          Resonant with jade, dissonant with soulsteel, neutral with the other materials.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will Prasad be among the satrapies written up in The Realm a la Cherak?

Also, do we have any notion of how people are named in Prasad? Would a Dragon-Blooded from there be named Burano Sarana? Will any NPCs that are named in Where Fire Has Wrought or The Realm be from Prasad?
            Last edited by Leetsepeak; 07-17-2017, 05:49 PM.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• More Stealth Questions:

Assuming a fight in a location or at a time of general darkness (night, dark alley, etc.) to provide concealment, is it possible to hide/reestablish surprise while adjacent to the target.

Normally, I would think not, but there's always the social modifier example of convincing someone of a blatant lie (a -5 modifier), so I would think it might be possible.

On that topic, I have read that the Night Caste power to negate penalties to Stealth checks is 3 different penalties can be negated, not 3 points of abilities. Is this correct? And would it also serve to reduce that -5 modifier I mention above (assuming that a completely ridiculous kind of stealth check is possible).

As a different question, is the dice benefit from Precision of the Striking Raptor (changing the accuracy bonus from Long to Close, for example) considered dice added by Charms? My first guess is no, but I thought I would check. (My rationale is that it doesn't directly add dice, it changes the calculation to be used... it's just awfully cheap for a potential to add 4+ non-Charm dice if it does).

Lastly, can Nothing But Shadows be used on a Blinding Battle Feint Initiative roll. I think so, for the Mastery benefit (assuming the character qualifies), but there would be no penalty as no character has lower initiative?

Thank you for all the answers!

Comment

• For spells with evocations (like say Wood Dragon's Claw), are the users considered Resonant for the purpose of effects, or do they count as a particular Magical Material for the purpose of Resonance?

Comment

• When an effect lets you make a decisive attack that doesn't draw from or reset your initiative (eg Death of Obsidian Butterflies), do you still lose initiative on a miss? Feels weird to keep all your initiative on a hit but lose some on a miss.

Infernals - To Rule in Hell (complete first draft)
                  3e Dragon Kings (complete)
                  My martial arts (includes Eye of Heaven, White Veil, Obsidian Shards and more)

Comment

• Do the attacks from Steel Devil Strike and Empty Mind Strike have to be applied to the initial target of the Double Attack Technique that triggered them?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                      Will Prasad be among the satrapies written up in The Realm a la Cherak?
                      Prasad currently has the longest single satrapy entry in The Realm. (I figure it should come to about three pages.)

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                      Also, do we have any notion of how people are named in Prasad? Would a Dragon-Blooded from there be named Burano Sarana?
                      That's currently the plan, though an adjustment to naming customs during development is possible.

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                      Will any NPCs that are named in Where Fire Has Wrought or The Realm be from Prasad?
                      Not sure yet; we'll have a better idea once we have a chance to redline the Prasad draft.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Smallest satrapy of the Realm? Biggest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                          Smallest satrapy of the Realm?
                          I find it difficult to envision a scenario where it would be useful to canonically state, "This is the smallest satrapy."

Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                          Biggest?
                          Prasad.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• I'm now imagining a rock with a small fishing village on it in the northwest that is only a satrapy because the Empress named someone satrap of it as political banishment.
                            Last edited by glamourweaver; 07-18-2017, 07:06 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Can you clash, by regular attack on the same turn or Fervent Blow or the like, an unblockable + undodgable attack?
                              Last edited by limaxophobiac; 07-18-2017, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Are there any canonical Dragon-Blooded cultural groups (ala the Dynasty, Lookshy, Prasad, House Ferem, the Marukani Horse Lords, Forest Witches, etc) that because of the bloodlines that make them up are lacking any of the Aspects in their number?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                                X