Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure if this will be covered in the Dragon-Blooded book, but as it definitely won't be in the Realm book, I figured worth asking since it might be a while...

As Lookshy follows the Shogunate era Immaculate Faith, generally how tolerant is the 7th Legion of Solars (who aren't conquering) acting/living openly as Solars in the Riverlands?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Lets say I summon one of those demons that can be in more than one place at once. Now lets say the Big bad has done the same with the same demon. Here are some questions related to this.

In 3rd is this still a thing?

Do the different summons know what is happening with all their other summon incarnations?

If I kill one summon with Ghost eating technique do all of them even the one in Malfeas

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
        Lets say I summon one of those demons that can be in more than one place at once. Now lets say the Big bad has done the same with the same demon. Here are some questions related to this.

In 3rd is this still a thing?
        Summoning Ligier does not cause the Green Sun to vanish from the skies of Hell, so to some extent it must.

Do the different summons know what is happening with all their other summon incarnations?
        Varies from case to case. I don't think Ligier's humanoid form could fully process what his sun-body is experiencing, or vice versa.

If I kill one summon with Ghost eating technique do all of them even the one in Malfeas
        Yup. You don't get to cheat your way around permanent death just because you've got multiple bodies.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
          I'm not sure if this will be covered in the Dragon-Blooded book, but as it definitely won't be in the Realm book, I figured worth asking since it might be a while...

As Lookshy follows the Shogunate era Immaculate Faith, generally how tolerant is the 7th Legion of Solars (who aren't conquering) acting/living openly as Solars in the Riverlands?
          Not at all.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
            Can you clash, by regular attack on the same turn or Fervent Blow or the like, an unblockable + undodgable attack?
            Yep. Clashing is neither blocking nor dodging.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Khazadir View Post
              Assuming a fight in a location or at a time of general darkness (night, dark alley, etc.) to provide concealment, is it possible to hide/reestablish surprise while adjacent to the target.
              Yes, as long as you have a plausible hiding spot.

On that topic, I have read that the Night Caste power to negate penalties to Stealth checks is 3 different penalties can be negated, not 3 points of abilities. Is this correct?
              No. It negates up to 3 points of penalties from any source or combination of sources.

And would it also serve to reduce that -5 modifier I mention above (assuming that a completely ridiculous kind of stealth check is possible).
              Yep.

As a different question, is the dice benefit from Precision of the Striking Raptor (changing the accuracy bonus from Long to Close, for example) considered dice added by Charms?
              No, a weapon's Accuracy isn't dice from Charms.

Lastly, can Nothing But Shadows be used on a Blinding Battle Feint Initiative roll. I think so, for the Mastery benefit (assuming the character qualifies), but there would be no penalty as no character has lower initiative?
              Sounds about right to me.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                Not at all.
                Speaking of Lookshy... Given its relative lack of power (especially compared to the Realm), and its (often nominal) alliances of convenience with the rest of the River Province, how does Lookshy view the Hundred Gods Heresy? Like, I would imagine that they are hostile to places like Great Forks, where three gods literally rule the place and gods of all sorts are worshipped without Dragon-Blooded supervision, but do they actively go out and attempt to force the Hundred Gods Heresy out of prominence in the River Province?

As a second question, what is the difference between the Scavenger Lands and the River Province? I remember that there was stated to be one in 3e, and think it might be that the River Province is the loose political alliance between various great city-states that remain independent of Realm control, but I honestly do not recall.

All that I write but don't cite is simply my perspective, colored by my experiences and beliefs. I extrapolate a lot, too, so don't take it too seriously. :P

Comment

• I forgot if it was covered or not, I think it was, but are the sohei going to be talked about in context of Lookshy, or will they have to wait for another day? I know the Academy of Sorcery was mentioend as getting an initiation, but forget if sohei, even if not getting that,a re going to be there. If only because sorcerer-exorcists seem cool to me for all the onmyouji stuff.

And stuff.
                  Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

• Has the Realm ever divided a previous state into several satrapies? Has a Satrapu ever been subdivided?

Is Lookshy just more Immaculate or has it become a defining trait? Or are they still pretty informal outside of anathema matters?

Comment

• As Lookshy follows the Shogunate era Immaculate Faith, generally how tolerant is the 7th Legion of Solars (who aren't conquering) acting/living openly as Solars in the Riverlands?
                      Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Not at all.
                      Can I quintiple-like this?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• So Vance, in 2014 you wrote a post saying "You probably won't see a whole book on the Lintha. You probably will see a whole lot of cool Lintha shit. "

Are we still getting a whole lot of cool lintha shit somewhere in the line? 'u'

Also, now that everything is 'your division', will you wield your new powers to do what you said you could not back then? (IE: Cut back on the prevalence of lintha castration even slightly)
                        Last edited by PlotVitalNPC; 07-18-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post
                          So Vance, in 2014 you wrote a post saying "You probably won't see a whole book on the Lintha. You probably will see a whole lot of cool Lintha shit. "

Are we still getting a whole lot of cool lintha shit somewhere in the line? 'u'
                          There were a lot of Lintha antagonist statblocks that were cut from the core for space. I'm sure they'll find a home eventually.

Also, now that everything is 'your division', will you wield your new powers to do what you said you could not back then? (IE: Cut back on the prevalence of lintha castration even slightly)
                          That's something I'd want to discuss with writers and consult the depictions of the Lintha in First Edition before making a decision on.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            There were a lot of Lintha antagonist statblocks that were cut from the core for space. I'm sure they'll find a home eventually.

That's something I'd want to discuss with writers and consult the depictions of the Lintha in First Edition before making a decision on.
                            Admittedly, I don't have so much of an issue with the castrations myself, I just wanted to bring that up as a joke.
                            I think there were some really valuable thoughts in that thread that require the castration thing, like "One of the greatest social ills of the Lintha is the Cult of Dukantha - it is the illness that's killing their society."

Comment

• Is the reflexive activation of Righteous Devil Form (upon landing a decisive attack when you aimed last turn) supposed to work with the mastery effect of Cloud of Ebon Devils that lets you reflexively aim upon JB? An aim that happened during your JB roll didn't happen on your turn so it doesn't qualify by a strict reading, but it feels like it's meant to combine that way.

Infernals - To Rule in Hell (complete first draft)
                              3e Dragon Kings (complete)
                              My martial arts (includes Eye of Heaven, White Veil, Obsidian Shards and more)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
                                Has the Realm ever divided a previous state into several satrapies? Has a Satrapu ever been subdivided?
                                Yes. Right now I'm working on my Goldenseal draft for The Realm; it belonged to a petty Threshold empire that was carved up by the Realm.

Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
                                Is Lookshy just more Immaculate or has it become a defining trait? Or are they still pretty informal outside of anathema matters?
                                While some details have changed, Lookshy's Immaculate Faith remains roughly similar to its presentation in Exalted: the Outcaste.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X