Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So in the RAW for the craft system, it gives you 3 silver points for every craft rated at 3+ and 5 silver points for every craft rated at 5+ as long as that craft was used to complete a project. Are those rewards cumulative or not? Meaning of course, if you have Craft[Weaponsmithing] 5 and made a sword with it, do you get 5 or 8 silver xp at the end of the story.

Similarly, if you've made an artifact, have you used both the relevant craft and Craft [Artifact] to complete the project, or have you used only one or the other?

I have created a character creation tool. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.

I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Yep. Clashing is neither blocking nor dodging.
      Damn. Melee clash monsters are crazy.

Ok, another Clash question: what happens if characters A and B clash, and character C is defending other for character A?

Clash says it ignores both characters defense, but character Cs parry is neither of the clashing characters defenses and defend other says the defender can apply his Parry against any attack directed at his ward so it seems like defend other can defend but what happens?

If character B beats Cs parry does he get the choice of either hitting C or matching his remaining successes against As attack?

Also what happens with As attack; is it just resolved normally against Bs parry if B (as is most likely) ends up attacking C instead and so it ends up being not a clash after all?

Comment

• Also a related Fervent Blow question, does the Decisive-Only tag mean it can only be used against a decisive attack, that the clash attack it creates has to be Decisive, or both? Basically is it considered a defensive charm, an attack charm, or both, since clashing is both a defense and an attack.
        Last edited by limaxophobiac; 07-18-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Do Midnights get visitations as Zeniths from UCS? Or is that to direct a parallelism? Is Ashigaru and Gunzhoa armor included in Arms?

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
            Do Midnights get visitations as Zeniths from UCS?
            Nope.

Is Ashigaru and Gunzhoa armor included in Arms?
            No, but I'm sure they'll show up eventually.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
              Also a related Fervent Blow question, does the Decisive-Only tag mean it can only be used against a decisive attack, that the clash attack it creates has to be Decisive, or both? Basically is it considered a defensive charm, an attack charm, or both, since clashing is both a defense and an attack.
              Your attack has to be decisive. It doesn't care what kind of attack you're clashing.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
                Ok, another Clash question: what happens if characters A and B clash, and character C is defending other for character A?

Clash says it ignores both characters defense, but character Cs parry is neither of the clashing characters defenses and defend other says the defender can apply his Parry against any attack directed at his ward so it seems like defend other can defend but what happens?

If character B beats Cs parry does he get the choice of either hitting C or matching his remaining successes against As attack?
                I think the scenario you describe makes the most sense as a way of handling it.

Also what happens with As attack; is it just resolved normally against Bs parry if B (as is most likely) ends up attacking C instead and so it ends up being not a clash after all?
                It stays a clash no matter what choice they make. If they divert their attack to your defender, you're now clashing against their zero successes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Demac View Post
                  So in the RAW for the craft system, it gives you 3 silver points for every craft rated at 3+ and 5 silver points for every craft rated at 5+ as long as that craft was used to complete a project. Are those rewards cumulative or not? Meaning of course, if you have Craft[Weaponsmithing] 5 and made a sword with it, do you get 5 or 8 silver xp at the end of the story.
                  They're not cumulative.

Similarly, if you've made an artifact, have you used both the relevant craft and Craft [Artifact] to complete the project, or have you used only one or the other?
                  Just one.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

It stays a clash no matter what choice they make. If they divert their attack to your defender, you're now clashing against their zero successes.
                    Brutal.

I'M IN UR CLASH
                    BLOCKING UR ATTACKS

Edit: Seriously though huge thanks for answering all my silly questions.
                    Last edited by limaxophobiac; 07-18-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanaya View Post
                      Is the reflexive activation of Righteous Devil Form (upon landing a decisive attack when you aimed last turn) supposed to work with the mastery effect of Cloud of Ebon Devils that lets you reflexively aim upon JB? An aim that happened during your JB roll didn't happen on your turn so it doesn't qualify by a strict reading, but it feels like it's meant to combine that way.
                      I think I probably meant it to interact that way, and just worded Righteous Devil Form clumsily.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thanks for taking the time to answer all of these, Robert. I had a few questions surrounding social influence in combat with Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style and Righteous Devil Style, since that's what our group will be playing soon.

1) Under the rules for Retrying Social Actions, it states that "Inspire: You must wait until the scene has ended to retry an inspire action." Does that apply to all Inspire actions, or the same Inspire action that I attempted? Let's say that I first attempt to inspire calm in my opponent, to convince them to stop fighting and talk to me. If that fails, can I attempt to inspire fear instead? Or am I unable to inspire any emotions for the remainder of the scene because my initial attempt to inspire calm failed?

2) What if I attempt to inspire fear or threaten and fail, but then my ally with Righteous Devil Style activates Righteous Devil Form? Righteous Devil Form creates an inspire/threaten roll, but the rules for retrying social actions say that if you fail an influence roll, you have to present stronger evidence to retry the same roll. Is activating a form charm sufficient evidence to make a new roll? Or does his inspire/threaten fail because mine did and we're representing the same side?

3) Are the charms in Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style subject to the limitations on retrying social actions? For example, let's say I use Terrifying Battle Shriek and fail. Is the enemy now immune to it for the rest of the scene, or could I re-attempt next round?

4) What happens if I'm in close range with someone and hit with Terrifying Battle Shriek? Are they forced to spend their combat action on attempting to disengage?
                        Last edited by Iron Phoenix; 07-18-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Summoning Ligier does not cause the Green Sun to vanish from the skies of Hell, so to some extent it must.
                          Wouldn't it be workable to limit Ligier to one summonable manifestation at a time while still leaving the Green Sun in hell?

Say he can only maintain those two forms at once without diminishing himself and the Surrender Oath that underlies summoning a doesn't force a soul to diminish itself by further division?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Nope.

No, but I'm sure they'll show up eventually.
                            Cool. Even with the decision to deemphasize Magitech as a special thing, there are few |cooler| little things in Exalted than people making the Gunzosha's choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Wouldn't it be workable to limit Ligier to one summonable manifestation at a time while still leaving the Green Sun in hell?

Say he can only maintain those two forms at once without diminishing himself and the Surrender Oath that underlies summoning a doesn't force a soul to diminish itself by further division?
                              My own working assumption is that a demon can only be bound by a single sorcerer at a time. Vance and I will get this hammered out in time for the sorcery book.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

They have the same elemental aspect as the Ability itself, but also the Balanced keyword, which makes them compatible with the Elemental Aura Charms of other aspects.
                                Wait, so for example, Seeking Throw Technique has both the Air and Balanced keywords?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X