Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In the Athletics Charm Aegis of Unstoppable Force it notes that it lowers the difficulty of all feats of strength by 2. Is the difficulty the strength rated needed to perform the feat or the total number of successes required to pass it? I assume the latter, but wanted to check.

    Thanks!

    Comment


    • Blazing Solar Bolt is unblockable and undodgable, but bases its damage on the extra successes on the attack roll. Against a target who can't block or dodge, is their defense counted as 0 for the purposes of this attack?

      On the same topic, how does Fire & Stones strike interact with Blazing Solar Bolt? There's already precedent with Hungry Tiger for it to duplicate extra successes, but I wanted to be sure!

      Comment


      • The text for Restrain in a Grapple says it "prevents the victim from taking any action at all on his next turn". That seems like it would mean someone who can take 2+ turns in a round like f.ex. a Single Point stylist still gets to take actions on their second turn. Is that how it works?
        Last edited by limaxophobiac; 07-25-2017, 08:55 PM.

        Comment


        • Question that just came up in a game - what happens if you disguise yourself as the summoner of a demon? Can the demon tell that you're not really the person who summoned it, and if it can't tell, would its defining tie apply to you as well so you can give it orders or is it some special magical compulsion that only ever ties summoner and slave?


          My homebrew: Abyssals, Infernals, Dragon Kings, martial arts.

          Comment


          • Just to be clear, but the Occult Excellency can be used on Shape Sorcery actions, correct?

            ‚ÄčIf so, I salute the designers for the elegance of the design vis-a-vis previous editions.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              I didn't have any involvement in writing the character creation rules, but if I had to guess, I'd say the BP discount was to make it slightly easier to pick up Evocations that are central to your character concept at chargen. Given that you can spend Solar XP on them, unlike Solar Charms, I'm not too worried that they don't have favored costs.
              Would a Solar Craft charm that let you gain a favored bonus on Evocations be a legit concept or would that just be a bad precedent? What about one that let you gain the favored bonus on Evocations from artifacts you made yourself?

              ...Actually what do you think of Design Beyond Limit and Celestial Reforging Technique? Are they still usable or do they need errata to work properly?


              ....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

                Would a Solar Craft charm that let you gain a favored bonus on Evocations be a legit concept or would that just be a bad precedent? What about one that let you gain the favored bonus on Evocations from artifacts you made yourself?
                I'm leery of any design that involves spending XP to get more XP.

                ...Actually what do you think of Design Beyond Limit and Celestial Reforging Technique? Are they still usable or do they need errata to work properly?
                They're nonfunctional as written.

                They'll get errata in Arms of the Chosen.


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Khazadir View Post
                  Just to be clear, but the Occult Excellency can be used on Shape Sorcery actions, correct?

                  ‚ÄčIf so, I salute the designers for the elegance of the design vis-a-vis previous editions.
                  Yep! 10char


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lanaya View Post
                    Question that just came up in a game - what happens if you disguise yourself as the summoner of a demon? Can the demon tell that you're not really the person who summoned it, and if it can't tell, would its defining tie apply to you as well so you can give it orders or is it some special magical compulsion that only ever ties summoner and slave?
                    We might come up with more concrete details for this later, so take this as my gut reaction to the question and not a well-thought out solution.

                    I don't think demons should be able to automatically see through your Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise or whatnot. You could leverage its Tie of loyalty to the summoner with social influence, just like disguising yourself as someone's crush, but you wouldn't get the other benefits of the binding (e.g. setting its Resolve to 0 against your commands).


                    Developer for Exalted

                    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                    Robert Vance's Patreon

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
                      The text for Restrain in a Grapple says it "prevents the victim from taking any action at all on his next turn". That seems like it would mean someone who can take 2+ turns in a round like f.ex. a Single Point stylist still gets to take actions on their second turn. Is that how it works?
                      It doesn't prevent you from taking reflexive actions, like the one granted by Single Point Form, Solar Counterattack, or Peony Blossom Attack.


                      Developer for Exalted

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Robert Vance's Patreon

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Black-Forest View Post
                        Blazing Solar Bolt is unblockable and undodgable, but bases its damage on the extra successes on the attack roll. Against a target who can't block or dodge, is their defense counted as 0 for the purposes of this attack?
                        Yes.

                        On the same topic, how does Fire & Stones strike interact with Blazing Solar Bolt? There's already precedent with Hungry Tiger for it to duplicate extra successes, but I wanted to be sure!
                        It's unclear to me whether the text of Hungry Tiger Technique is simply a clarification of how they interact, or a specific rule that only applies when using those two Charms together, but not other similar effects. I think it should be the former, i.e. you get the full benefits of both.


                        Developer for Exalted

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Robert Vance's Patreon

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Bronze Tiger View Post
                          In the Athletics Charm Aegis of Unstoppable Force it notes that it lowers the difficulty of all feats of strength by 2. Is the difficulty the strength rated needed to perform the feat or the total number of successes required to pass it? I assume the latter, but wanted to check.

                          Thanks!
                          It's the latter, yeah.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Malfi View Post
                            When you use Flowing Mind Prana and commit xp to train a persons ability, after you finished training them, can you use these commited xp to train them in another ability or to train a different person?
                            No, you'd have to wait until you recover those XP from the end-of-story rolls.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Will the Dragon-Blooded book feature any new "Outcaste" cultures, ala Lookshy, the Marukani, and the Forest-Witches? Other than the Realm Satrap ones already discussed getting detailed in the Realm book in this thread (Cherak and Prasad).


                              Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                                Will the Dragon-Blooded book feature any new "Outcaste" cultures, ala Lookshy, the Marukani, and the Forest-Witches? Other than the Realm Satrap ones already discussed getting detailed in the Realm book in this thread (Cherak and Prasad).
                                Yep! 10char


                                Developer for Exalted

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Robert Vance's Patreon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X